Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I feel ya man. I think a lot are assigning too much blame towards Aaron. 

Damn shame this team couldn’t get it done. 

These people just want Rodgers gone at all costs. Rodgers could have completed 90% of his passes with 3 tds and they would still bring up one throw he missed and blame the entire game on him. They've been waiting for this moment all year. They were still talking about trading him even if we won the Super Bowl this year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

These people just want Rodgers gone at all costs. Rodgers could have completed 90% of his passes with 3 tds and they would still bring up one throw he missed and blame the entire game on him. They've been waiting for this moment all year. They were still talking about trading him even if we won the Super Bowl this year. 

...even if they won the Super Bowl this year the plan still should have been to trade him if Rodgers didn't want to sit through any kind of rebuild. For both the player and organizational standpoint it is in ideal time to move on. You get solid assets and he gets another shot with a team not stuck with a cap purgatory type year.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, Rodgers/Offense and ST are two entirely different issues.

They are very different issues.  Rodgers doesn't perform as well in the playoffs as he does during the regular season.  We can discuss why, if you want.  Seriously, though.  If the final score was 13-0 Packers, or maybe 16-3, you'd look at the temperature, the snow, the wind, the amount of drops or mishandled footballs as a logical reason why the Packers didn't score more points.  Maybe you'd even look at the 49ers D.  So, yes, maybe there's some blame to share, but almost all of it goes to ST.  How can we look at this any other way?  It feels like an emotional response rather than logic.  I'm surprised you don't agree, actually.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Drayton's toast. No way he survives.

I think you don't understand the broader point, and that is that THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Our problem isn't that we don't fire bad special teams coaches.  It's that we have a massive ineptitude and inability to hire good ones, and it transcends the head coach and is an entire organizational failure.  So I'm mad at everyone in the organization because they have screwed up and given us awful special teams for over 20 years.

In fact, when was the last time we consistently fielded top 10 special teams units?  The Mike Holmgren years?  That's egregiously BAD!!

The fools in the front office and executive suites don't care about fixing this ****.  If they did, we wouldn't be abysmal in this department year in and year out.

I'm sick and tired of this gorilla glue and duct tape approach to fixing special teams.  Enough of this hiring of hacks like Slocum, Ron Zook, Mennenga and Drayton.  Mark Murphy had better tell Gute to make special teams top priority in this draft and get real returners and a real long snapper among other things.  Otherwise they both gotta go.  And do something like spend extra time in practice executing FGs and punts so we can actually get them down to a science.

The next special teams coordinator had better be a total outsider who is going to overhaul everything we been doing here.  And I say hire a consultant to get in LaFleur's ear and make sure he puts some discipline in the special teams camp.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You think you've seen it all and yet there's still people in this world that think that Aaron Rodgers and the offense "did enough" to win and aren't the reason we lost.

Can't do anything but laugh and add to the ignore list...

"I'm just going to ignore everyone that has a different opinion than me". The Rodgers haters on this forum are insanely thin-skinned.

• Like 2

Folks should probably watch a breakdown of the All 22 before painting this as some kind of winning effort by the offense.

Also, if you remove the absolute blown coverage on the long Aaron Jones reception, Rodgers was 19/28 for 150 yards and 0/0.

That's...not great.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Everyone wants to give Gute credit for rebuilding the defense but people refuse to acknowledge the fact that he has been pretty bad when it comes to drafting on the offensive side of the ball. His strength has primarily been in free agency.

2018:

J'Mon Moore - Bust

Cole Madison- backup quality at best/bust

MVS - Below average starter

ESB - bust

2019:

Elgton Jenkins: great pick, potential all pro

Jace Sternberger : bust

Dexter Williams: bust

2020:

Jordan Love - Hasn't seen the field enough to justify first round selection

AJ Dillon - good player, bad value for 2nd round

Josiah Deguara - bust

Jon Runyan - below average starter so far

Jake Hanson - bust

Simon Stepaniak - bust

2021:

Josh Myers - Below average so far, might be good

Amari Rodgers - very bad to this point, not ready to declare bust but it doesnt look promising so far

Royce Newman - he has just been flat olut awful

Cole Van Lanen - never saw the field even with all the injuries on the OL

Kylin Hill - barely saw the field

18 players taken on offense over the last 3 years and only 5 of them have been what I would consider above replacement level players. When it comes to those 5 players only Jenkins and Dillon have produced on the field at an above average level. MVS hasn't proven he deserves a 2nd contract. Myers and Runyan its too early to make a determination yet. Obviously I'm not expecting him to hit on every pick or even 50% of his picks but so far his track record when drafting on offense has been very sub-par.

It's interesting that Gute has become the anti-TT. TT struggled with drafting capable defensive players , but did well at stocking the offensive skill positions.  Gute is almost the opposite.

Edited by Howler

Just now, StatKing said:

"I'm just going to ignore everyone that has a different opinion than me". The Rodgers haters on this forum are insanely thin-skinned.

Look, there are plenty of reasons to get on Rodgers' case right now - the guy has become unhinged.  But I saw a guy who played ok on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

...even if they won the Super Bowl this year the plan still should have been to trade him if Rodgers didn't want to sit through any kind of rebuild. For both the player and organizational standpoint it is in ideal time to move on. You get solid assets and he gets another shot with a team not stuck with a cap purgatory type year.

Guess what, we are still going to offer him a contract extension. Whether he takes it, who knows, but we will offer it. Rodgers is going to be the one to decide whether he leaves or not, the front office has no leverage.  Lafleur made it abundantly clear after the game he wants him on the team no matter what.