Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What did you want it to look like? Nijman-Runyan-Myer-Patrick-Turner?

And when Nijman got shredded by Bosa, we would be having this exact same conversation about why we didn't have our best guy at LT. 

If you feel like that proposed lineup is the best we could have done, okay. I don't agree, but I can see it. 

Just don't act like there's no argument for doing it the way we did. The performance of Stenavich has been beyond reproach this year and he deserves the benefit of the doubt on 50/50 calls. 

As far as the rest of it, not even worth the time. 

That's exactly what the lineup should have been.   The argument for what we did is poor.   I agree Stenovich did a great job overall this year.   If he had this input, I think it was the one mistake they made.  They are guilty of overthinking it.  As I've said - if this was a thought it should have beentried earlier in the season.

As to the rest-yes it was ridiculous.  But these are the arguments you've been making.   Can't criticize ST because they don't get paid.   Can't criticize MLF because AR has to be completely at fault.   Let's ignore everything else because we have to focus all of the hate on AR due to his poor performance.   He was a big contributor, but not the only one that should be held accountable.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm totally lost how you don't think the O-line that BEAT SF and only gave up 1 Sack and averaged 4 YPC wouldn't have been than the one that gave up 5 sacks and and averaged 3.35 YPC. 

Having MVS and Elgton Jenkins made that much of a difference? 

10 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Yeah I'm totally lost how you don't think the O-line that BEAT SF and only gave up 1 Sack and averaged 4 YPC wouldn't have been than the one that gave up 5 sacks and and averaged 3.35 YPC. 

Clearly this is a case of "LET THE FACTS BE DAMNED, IT'S HIS STORY AND HE'S STICKING TO IT!"

12 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

That's exactly what the lineup should have been.   The argument for what we did is poor.   I agree Stenovich did a great job overall this year.   If he had this input, I think it was the one mistake they made.  They are guilty of overthinking it.  As I've said - if this was a thought it should have beentried earlier in the season.

As to the rest-yes it was ridiculous.  But these are the arguments you've been making.   Can't criticize ST because they don't get paid.   Can't criticize MLF because AR has to be completely at fault.   Let's ignore everything else because we have to focus all of the hate on AR due to his poor performance.   He was a big contributor, but not the only one that should be held accountable.

Hindsight is 50/50. Do you really think the Nijman/Turner tackle combo is actually 4 sacks better than Turner/Kelly? Of course not. This was a coinflip decision.

The rest of this you're just flat out lying. I've never said the ST shouldn't be criticized. I've criticized the hell out of the special teams. I've also never said you can't criticize LaFleur. 

13 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Because you have a 6 that can play LT, a 6 that can play RT, and a swing that's 7.5 at LT and an 8 at RT. 

It really doesn't matter what you do with that grouping. 

The first regular season game we were extremely lucky to escape with one sack considering how much pressure Bosa recorded. It was also an excellent Rodgers game in the pocket.

The line really wasn't that much worse in pass pro in the playoffs. Rodgers had a bad game and pressures got converted at a more predictable rate. 

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because you have a 6 that can play LT, a 6 that can play RT, and a swing that's 7.5 at LT and an 8 at RT. 

It really doesn't matter what you do with that grouping. 

The first regular season game we were extremely lucky to escape with one sack considering how much pressure Bosa recorded. It was also an excellent Rodgers game in the pocket.

The line really wasn't that much worse in pass pro in the playoffs. Rodgers had a bad game and pressures got converted at a more predictable rate. 

I don't have the stats like you but I do not remember our O-line getting smoked like that.  Especially from the interior. 

I also think Nijman is a good bit better than a Kelly. At least from my eye test. 

5 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I don't have the stats like you but I do not remember our O-line getting smoked like that.  Especially from the interior. 

I also think Nijman is a good bit better than a Kelly. At least from my eye test. 

It wasn't great. Nijman's first three real snaps were a TFL in the run game, a QB hit, and a chip for help.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It wasn't great. Nijman's first three real snaps were a TFL in the run game, a QB hit, and a chip for help.

I do remember this,  but that was also non battled tested Nijman. 

Entire season pretty much of experience over a struggling Kelly?

To switch Turner from his Best position?

Idk man it doesn't sit well with me.

1 minute ago, GHARMON9 said:

I do remember this,  but that was also non battled tested Nijman. 

Entire season pretty much of experience over a struggling Kelly?

To switch Turner from his Best position?

Idk man it doesn't sit well with me.

Not saying I agree with the call. Lord knows I've never been a Dennis Kelly guy. 

My point is more that this was a decision that isn't a layup, and it's easy to tear it down in hindsight, but I'm not sure we could've expected better. If Bosa runs over Nijman and forces a blindside strip fumble, we're having the exact same conversation.

It's not like Dennis Kelly wasn't playing phenomenally well for Dennis Kelly coming into this game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not saying I agree with the call. Lord knows I've never been a Dennis Kelly guy. 

My point is more that this was a decision that isn't a layup, and it's easy to tear it down in hindsight, but I'm not sure we could've expected better. If Bosa runs over Nijman and forces a blindside strip fumble, we're having the exact same conversation.

It's not like Dennis Kelly wasn't playing phenomenally well for Dennis Kelly coming into this game.

I'll give you that.

But like I said the the two guys who have manned both positions for most of the year are available and we pull this? 

Just weird. 

I also don't know what's going on with Bahk.

21 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I'll give you that.

But like I said the the two guys who have manned both positions for most of the year are available and we pull this? 

Just weird. 

I also don't know what's going on with Bahk.

Our medical staff is giant ******* and we're looking to duck the upcoming massive prescription painkiller abuse lawsuit that's coming and going to crush the rest of the league, so we won't do what every other team would have done and shot him up with a horse tranquilizer. 

Had we done that, we win the game with the not-blocked FG and the general better protection.