Week 9 GDT: Raiders @ Dolphins

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

I don't disagree but to say the offense needlessly changed is a bit misleading. We have a new OC. It's gonna change. The pains of that change wasn't expected tho because of the production last year. Hopefully DOwning and Carr are hitting a stride.

I don't know.  We're throwing the ball MUCH shorter this year.  In broadcasts they've said thats a point of emphasis.  I'm getting away from the blocking scheme but there's been a ton a of small changes and extra thinking that we've saddled our players with.

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I don't know.  We're throwing the ball MUCH shorter this year.  In broadcasts they've said thats a point of emphasis.  I'm getting away from the blocking scheme but there's been a ton a of small changes and extra thinking that we've saddled our players with.

You don't know about what. That we have a new OC?

None of us know the mandate that Downing started or if that changed when Carr got hurt. We threw alot of short passes last year too. The offense works when we execute.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

None of us know the mandate that Downing started or if that changed when Carr got hurt. We threw alot of short passes last year too. The offense works when we execute.

I personally dont see alot of the late developing deep routes like last year. Not as many double moves, deep crossing routes, hitch n goes, deep posts/crosses underneath streaks etc... we're still taking some deep shots but the emphasis seems to be getting the ball out quick, which is good but those deep routes take time to develop properly to be more effective

4 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I mean, yeah.  Every offense works when they execute lol.  My point is it doesn't feel like we're putting our players in a position to succeed.  Carr and Coop have had down years.  The scat backs don't know what they're doing half the time running the ball.  OL hasn't been as on point as it has in the past.  Its not just shorter routes and throws.  Sure, a new and inexperienced OC and injuries have played a part.  But overall, the wrinkles have had a detrimental effect.

Archived