2017-18 | CFC Fantasy Questions & Advice

CentralFC

16 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Need some dynasty advice. 

Total hypothetical.... 

14 Team Dynasty League. Standard Scoring. 

In this hypothetical situation I have 1.03, 1.09 and 1.14 

Who would you target at each spot? 

Thank you in advance Central. :D

1.3:  1 of the top RB Mixon, Fournette, McCaffery and Davis.  Order would be Mixon, Fournette, Davis, McCaffrey 

1.9:  2nd tier RB Hunt, Perine, Kamara and 1 of the TE that are still there Howatd, Engram, Njoku

1.14:  any of the players at 1.9 that are still there.  Add Foreman, Mack, Shuster-Smith, Godwin, Zay Jones.

Depends on your roster needs and starting requirements.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Read an article the other day about the ATL new offense being more short passing.  Last year Jones made a big chunk of his points on the deep ball so he might not be a great fit for the new short passing game.  Take that for what it's worth since Julio can do pretty much whatever he wants on the football field when healthy.

I think letting Julio  go for Thomas and gaining the salary.  Thomas + ??player is likely equal or better that Julio when factoring in the salary budgeted to each.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

1.3:  1 of the top RB Mixon, Fournette, McCaffery and Davis.  Order would be Mixon, Fournette, Davis, McCaffrey 

1.9:  2nd tier RB Hunt, Perine, Kamara and 1 of the TE that are still there Howatd, Engram, Njoku

1.14:  any of the players at 1.9 that are still there.  Add Foreman, Mack, Shuster-Smith, Godwin, Zay Jones.

Depends on your roster needs and starting requirements.

I was just messing with Central. Those are his picks in the FF Packers league. 

5 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Need some dynasty advice. 

Total hypothetical.... 

14 Team Dynasty League. Standard Scoring. 

In this hypothetical situation I have 1.03, 1.09 and 1.14 

Who would you target at each spot? 

Thank you in advance Central. :D

Jake Butt

Deshaun Watson

Dede Westbrook.

All Pros.

You're welcome :)

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Read an article the other day about the ATL new offense being more short passing.  Last year Jones made a big chunk of his points on the deep ball so he might not be a great fit for the new short passing game.  Take that for what it's worth since Julio can do pretty much whatever he wants on the football field when healthy.

Subtle Austin Hooper bump as well. Sleeper for 55-650-8 this season. 

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I mean, Julio's going to get his.  Though I do think that as we've seen with Sark at his last 3+ stops, there's going to be more opportunities for the TE's and for the backs out of the backfield.  Plus, first year in the new scheme - so it's going to take more than a year to break Ryan of old tendencies to make Julio his first read, or at minimum his go-to read when things break down.

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

I mean, Julio's going to get his.  Though I do think that as we've seen with Sark at his last 3+ stops, there's going to be more opportunities for the TE's and for the backs out of the backfield.  Plus, first year in the new scheme - so it's going to take more than a year to break Ryan of old tendencies to make Julio his first read, or at minimum his go-to read when things break down.

I won't be taking Julio round 1 this year unless for some reason the value is too good to pass on but I was thinking about Gabriel later on.  Julio has a tendency to get nicked up and Gabriel has proven he can be a reliable outside WR especially at the end of last year.  What are you thoughts on him?  Just a bench guy/hancuff to Julio or can he have flex potential even with Julio?  

CFC yeah I was thinking about Hooper as well when I posted that.  I always wait on TE's and he could be a nice late option.

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I won't be taking Julio round 1 this year unless for some reason the value is too good to pass on but I was thinking about Gabriel later on.  Julio has a tendency to get nicked up and Gabriel has proven he can be a reliable outside WR especially at the end of last year.  What are you thoughts on him?  Just a bench guy/hancuff to Julio or can he have flex potential even with Julio?  

CFC yeah I was thinking about Hooper as well when I posted that.  I always wait on TE's and he could be a nice late option.

I play in deep enough leagues to consider him.  But since I do think Ryan is a bit of a regression candidate this year (not quite to the level that some do), he's someone I can see as a spot-starter in the FLEX; Gabriel isn't someone that I'd want to bank on as a week-to-week starter unless one of Julio or Sanu were out with a lengthy injury.  Just a lot of factors that don't necessarily work in his favor: New system that we don't know that he'll get the same usage, he had his own injury issues (missed the final three games of last season), and he was a largely TD-dependent asset last season (he just happened to have several weeks where he put up multiple TD's).  In PPR and Super PPR formats, I'd give him a slight boost, but I've got him at the top of the same tier that includes the likes of Robert Woods, Rishard Matthews, and Brandon LaFell.  It's kind of a coin-flip in PPR for me between him and Cole Beasley.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

I play in deep enough leagues to consider him.  But since I do think Ryan is a bit of a regression candidate this year (not quite to the level that some do), he's someone I can see as a spot-starter in the FLEX; Gabriel isn't someone that I'd want to bank on as a week-to-week starter unless one of Julio or Sanu were out with a lengthy injury.  Just a lot of factors that don't necessarily work in his favor: New system that we don't know that he'll get the same usage, he had his own injury issues (missed the final three games of last season), and he was a largely TD-dependent asset last season (he just happened to have several weeks where he put up multiple TD's).  In PPR and Super PPR formats, I'd give him a slight boost, but I've got him at the top of the same tier that includes the likes of Robert Woods, Rishard Matthews, and Brandon LaFell.  It's kind of a coin-flip in PPR for me between him and Cole Beasley.

See I forgot about Sanu in ATL.  I was thinking Gabriel was the #2 WR there.  I'm in a 10 team PPR and 12 team .5 PPR leagues.  He's probably not on my radar than, thanks unless an injury happens as you said.

I'm looking into late round handcuffs at WR and RB.  J. Williams in BUF is one since Shady is always going to miss a game or two, Gabriel was another I was thinking with Julio always getting nicked up.

I did Henry/Coleman last year hoping Murray or Freeman would miss some time.  Freeman didn't but that still happened to be a great pick for me but Henry rode my bench all year.  Landing a late handcuff like them could make your year. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

See I forgot about Sanu in ATL.  I was thinking Gabriel was the #2 WR there.  I'm in a 10 team PPR and 12 team .5 PPR leagues.  He's probably not on my radar than, thanks unless an injury happens as you said.

I'm looking into late round handcuffs at WR and RB.  J. Williams in BUF is one since Shady is always going to miss a game or two, Gabriel was another I was thinking with Julio always getting nicked up.

I did Henry/Coleman last year hoping Murray or Freeman would miss some time.  Freeman didn't but that still happened to be a great pick for me but Henry rode my bench all year.  Landing a late handcuff like them could make your year. 

Robert Turbin is an interesting one.  In a 10-team league, not sure I'd draft him, but I'd definitely monitor him.  Gore has been hyper-durable, but he's also 34, and while Marlon Mack is the hot name and may have some PPR value, under Indy's current offensive scheme, Turbin's the one who will get heavy use if anything happens to Gore.

For PPR though, Kyle Juszczyk is someone I'm targeting in my PPR leagues.  For one, he was singled out by Shanahan as someone they clearly wanted (dude got PAID!), and it looks like he'll get touches as a pass-catcher and runner, so I wouldn't be shocked if he's the 3rd-down and clear-passing-down set guy.  And when you consider that the Niners are likely to be chasing a lot of games and that the primary pass-catching back under Kyle Shanahan has always been a PPR value, he's someone I think you can get extremely late who will outperform his draft position.

Archived