2017-18 | CFC Fantasy Questions & Advice

CentralFC

Well, since @keysersoze3421 isn't here yet and @CentralFC tends to answer questions posed to key in key's thread anyway...

I'm actually at a point where I'm questioning keeping Julio Jones in my 14-team PPR dynasty auction league.

Julio's price to keep goes up to $20 (out of a starting $200), whereas David Johnson (who I'm clearly keeping) is going to be one of my 2 keepers at $10.  Reason I'm considering letting Julio go is that I can keep Michael Thomas for $2 (and be able to get $7, $12, and even $17 keeper prices on him for the next three seasons after this one).

I'm just wanting to make sure that this doesn't sound insane.  Julio is a stud, but he and Ryan are regression candidates this year, and I don't know that the drop-off from Julio to Thomas is so severe that it's not justified by Thomas' longer-term viability (particularly since 2-3 more seasons of Thomas on the cheap makes DJ's escalating price - $15 next year, $20 the year after, $25 the year after that - a much easier pill to swallow).

38 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Well, since @keysersoze3421 isn't here yet and @CentralFC tends to answer questions posed to key in key's thread anyway...

I'm actually at a point where I'm questioning keeping Julio Jones in my 14-team PPR dynasty auction league.

Julio's price to keep goes up to $20 (out of a starting $200), whereas David Johnson (who I'm clearly keeping) is going to be one of my 2 keepers at $10.  Reason I'm considering letting Julio go is that I can keep Michael Thomas for $2 (and be able to get $7, $12, and even $17 keeper prices on him for the next three seasons after this one).

I'm just wanting to make sure that this doesn't sound insane.  Julio is a stud, but he and Ryan are regression candidates this year, and I don't know that the drop-off from Julio to Thomas is so severe that it's not justified by Thomas' longer-term viability (particularly since 2-3 more seasons of Thomas on the cheap makes DJ's escalating price - $15 next year, $20 the year after, $25 the year after that - a much easier pill to swallow).

I think that is a fine strategy.

Jones for $20 vs Thomas for $2.  If you look at it from a $/points per week value, that is hands down a win in favor of Thomas.  Viewing Thomas as a Low WR1, that means you can spend a good deal more on your WR2 or other positions and set yourself up well to not be reliant on top heavy players.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think that is a fine strategy.

Jones for $20 vs Thomas for $2.  If you look at it from a $/points per week value, that is hands down a win in favor of Thomas.  Viewing Thomas as a Low WR1, that means you can spend a good deal more on your WR2 or other positions and set yourself up well to not be reliant on top heavy players.

I'm also figuring that with this being the first season in the last 3 that Gronk probably won't be kept (his price is huge for his owner), I may actually go hard at him given that I have cheap-fits at clear WR1 and RB1 spots, and that failing I may still go hard at another stud WR1 (TY likely gets kept by his owner; Baldwin likely will because his owner is a Hawks fan and otherwise a terrible fantasy player who is constantly the butt of league jokes, fair chance Jordy doesn't get kept, and one team has to pick two keepers from AB, Dez, Freeman, Dak, and Pryor, while another's got to choose from Shady, Cooper, Davante Adams, Edelman, and Keenan Allen.

Other school of thought is to just go HARD at Brees because you know he's still going to finish as a Top 5 fantasy QB and Brees/Thomas TD's would be huge swings in score for me.

First time poster in this discussion forum, call me old but I typically don't leave the GM Mock Draft forum much but with this new forum I'm branching out.

A couple of questions

First, what round in a ten team league would you draft rookie TE Evan Engram?  I typically don't draft rookies regardless their value to their actual team as I tend to stick with the established players, but this player has me on the fence.  Being a lifelong Giants fan, I fear that my personal opinion is tainted and would love to hear from those non-Giant fans on where you value him in terms of talent as well as how you see him fitting in the Giants offensive system.

Second, has anyone got a top 10 or higher list of running backs?  

Lastly, any sleepers either established or rookies that I should keep my eye on?

Thanks in advance.

19 hours ago, The LBC said:

I'm also figuring that with this being the first season in the last 3 that Gronk probably won't be kept (his price is huge for his owner), I may actually go hard at him given that I have cheap-fits at clear WR1 and RB1 spots, and that failing I may still go hard at another stud WR1 (TY likely gets kept by his owner; Baldwin likely will because his owner is a Hawks fan and otherwise a terrible fantasy player who is constantly the butt of league jokes, fair chance Jordy doesn't get kept, and one team has to pick two keepers from AB, Dez, Freeman, Dak, and Pryor, while another's got to choose from Shady, Cooper, Davante Adams, Edelman, and Keenan Allen.

Other school of thought is to just go HARD at Brees because you know he's still going to finish as a Top 5 fantasy QB and Brees/Thomas TD's would be huge swings in score for me.

Thomas for $2 is ridiculous value. He's not a difference maker, as Brees' spreads the ball around. However, 6% of your budget is tied to an RB/WR 1, as opposed to 15%. That's a big difference. If you still wanted to retain JJ you could. AB is going to be kept.  I'm assuming you are in PPR.I'd invest in Nelson is he is released. He always seems to get passed on from an owner, myself included in redraft and the like. Also super high on Martavius Bryant this year.

I don't mind going for Gronk but he has a high-risk factor. I've never done keeper, but I've always been late round QB/TE. After a certain tier, they're all the same. I would stay dominant in WR/RB and stream QB/TE

18 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

First time poster in this discussion forum, call me old but I typically don't leave the GM Mock Draft forum much but with this new forum I'm branching out.

A couple of questions

First, what round in a ten team league would you draft rookie TE Evan Engram?  I typically don't draft rookies regardless their value to their actual team as I tend to stick with the established players, but this player has me on the fence.  Being a lifelong Giants fan, I fear that my personal opinion is tainted and would love to hear from those non-Giant fans on where you value him in terms of talent as well as how you see him fitting in the Giants offensive system.

Second, has anyone got a top 10 or higher list of running backs?  

Lastly, any sleepers either established or rookies that I should keep my eye on?

Thanks in advance.

I don't take TEs until late. Maybe the 10th round. For a rookie TE, honestly unless you are drafting with a bunch of other Giants fans, he should easily be there in the final 4 rounds. 

PPR RBs:

1. DJ
  2. L. Bell
  3. Zeke (pending suspension)
  4. McCoy
  5. M. Gordon
  6. Freeman
  7. Ajayi
  8. Gurley
  9. Howard
  10. Murray

That would be my top 10. 

Check the thread below this for some sleepers. Guys I like are Pierre Garcon and Quincy Enunwa. For RBs in a PPR Woodhead will be great once again. Terrance West is another solid option too. 

39 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Thomas for $2 is ridiculous value. He's not a difference maker, as Brees' spreads the ball around. However, 6% of your budget is tied to an RB/WR 1, as opposed to 15%. That's a big difference. If you still wanted to retain JJ you could. AB is going to be kept.  I'm assuming you are in PPR.I'd invest in Nelson is he is released. He always seems to get passed on from an owner, myself included in redraft and the like. Also super high on Martavius Bryant this year.

I don't mind going for Gronk but he has a high-risk factor. I've never done keeper, but I've always been late round QB/TE. After a certain tier, they're all the same. I would stay dominant in WR/RB and stream QB/TE

I've typically tried to stay late round/late bid QB largely because everyone goes hard after the big names and in the past two seasons I've actually ended up getting a second QB purely on the fact that he was cheap and available late and said QB ended up outproducing the guy I spent larger on ahead of him ('15 when I won the league I  rotating between Ryan and Cutler on matchups.  Last season I spent up on Dalton figuring him in prime position to have a good year and ended up riding Tyrod Taylor to 3rd place).  Honestly, I tend to ride post-hype sleepers at QB in this league and I might actually extend that to TE this year; I managed to snag Eifert during his rookie season for his breakout and sadly had to release him back to the pool because JJ/DJ was just too enticing a combo to keep, but then his injury managed to allow me to snag him on the cheap and stash him on IR to start the season.  Honestly, unless I get a sweet deal on a stud TE, I prefer to just stream them until I find someone who makes a case for holding on to them.

3 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I think that you're wrong about Thomas not being a difference maker. He's the most talented receiver in team history. There aren't many things to be a excited about in Saints-land these days, but Michael Thomas is going to be a superstar. In regards to fantasy...I see him right there with Julio Jones (who's allergic to the end zone). Yes..the Saints have historically spread the ball around...but when someone is a stud...Brees targets them. See Jimmy Graham during his days of dominance. I see 1300+ yards and 10+ TDs in store for Michael Thomas. I'm going to own him in EVERY league because despite his rookie season, and despite the Saints losing Cooks...people still are underestimating him.

121 - Michael Thomas - 24th

129 - Brandin Cooks - 24th

125 - Jimmy Graham - 28th

152 - Jimmy Graham - 15th

135 - Jimmy Grahm- 21st

The last 5 years for the top WR/TE in targets for New Orleans. Clearly, he has potential, but people are drafting him slightly above his ceiling. I won't take credit for this argument. It comes from a pod I listen to, but the logic is really sound.

6 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I don't take TEs until late. Maybe the 10th round. For a rookie TE, honestly unless you are drafting with a bunch of other Giants fans, he should easily be there in the final 4 rounds. 

PPR RBs:

1. DJ
  2. L. Bell
  3. Zeke (pending suspension)
  4. McCoy
  5. M. Gordon
  6. Freeman
  7. Ajayi
  8. Gurley
  9. Howard
  10. Murray

That would be my top 10. 

Check the thread below this for some sleepers. Guys I like are Pierre Garcon and Quincy Enunwa. For RBs in a PPR Woodhead will be great once again. Terrance West is another solid option too. 

Thanks for the post appreciate your input.  

Ok some background info, I run a long standing 12 team ESPN fantasy football league. Up until this year we utilized 2 keepers and just used the first two rounds as "Keeper Rounds" but we're transitioning to a league that utilizes keepers in the round you drafted them. An example of this is I drafted WR Michael Thomas in the 12th round last season, so I can keep him as a 12th round pick for this draft instead of just losing my 1st round pick.

Do any of you guys know of a website I can easily plug stuff like that into?

ESPN fantasy website question.

In years past I remember being able to pull up stats and points by year.  This year, I can't seem to find it, It looks like the website has changed a little or I'm just overlooking it.  

I don't recall this information being so difficult to find.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

21 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

ESPN fantasy website question.

In years past I remember being able to pull up stats and points by year.  This year, I can't seem to find it, It looks like the website has changed a little or I'm just overlooking it.  

I don't recall this information being so difficult to find.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Check out FFToday.com.  They have sortable fantasy stats from last year for standard and PPR.

Archived