Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think it makes more sense to come to Las Vegas with Ziegler and McDaniels, two guys he has worked with for almost a decade. In New England he'll always be an assistant, regardless of title, he's not going to get a ton of credit if their defense is good. If he comes to LV he'd be receiving a promotion and working with an offensive minded head coach like Josh he'd more or less have full control over everything. If he comes here as the leader of the defense and succeeds it'd be a huge boost for his resume.

I think if you stick with Belichick you're almost guaranteed a job eventually lolol it's been like proven for like 20 years already. Where is McDaniels if it doesn't work out you're back on the street. This is actually a more fragile situation than a lot of people think it is. If McDaniels doesn't win right away I can see this getting really bad. That's why if I was Mayo I would wait another year in NE

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

You’re missing the point. It is not about Burrow being #1 . It is a rookie scale contract reaching the super bowl

It does create that window. But even besides that the Bengals are pretty cheap football team because of the fact that burrow tore his ACL his rookie year so they were able to get Ja'Marr Chase which should've been impossible

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And Matt Stafford joins the ranks of Brady, Foles, and many others that show the opposite is just as likely.

Missing the point again. Hall of fame talent or Rookie scale QB contract teams

Foles and Wentz QB rooms weren’t heavily spent on. Allowed Eagles to bolster team

This is the evidence how to win in the NFL .

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You’re missing the point. It is not about Burrow being #1 . It is a rookie scale contract reaching the super bowl

You're missing my point. A lot of people are on the "anyone but Carr" train and I think it's idiotic. Find a chance to get an elite guy and do it. If you don't, don't flounder in mediocrity with talent on the roster. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It does create that window. But even besides that the Bengals are pretty cheap football team because of the fact that burrow tore his ACL his rookie year so they were able to get Ja'Marr Chase which should've been impossible

I don’t think the Bengals would of had a significantly different record last year with Burrow healthy. Chase probably goes 5-8 anyway last year. Most teams in that position take Sewell

Burrow being on the rookie scale allowed them to bolster their defense. Hendrickson, Reeder etc

Edited by bucksavage1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think if you stick with Belichick you're almost guaranteed a job eventually lolol it's been like proven for like 20 years already. Where is McDaniels if it doesn't work out you're back on the street. This is actually a more fragile situation than a lot of people think it is. If McDaniels doesn't win right away I can see this getting really bad. That's why if I was Mayo I would wait another year in NE

With McDaniels he would essentially have full control over the defense though, that will not be the case in New England. If he cannot succeed as a coordinator or is too worried about it to take the job, that's not a great sign for him as a potential head coaching candidate. 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're missing my point. A lot of people are on the "anyone but Carr" train and I think it's idiotic. Find a chance to get an elite guy and do it. If you don't, don't flounder in mediocrity with talent on the roster. 

I understand your point but when you invest in a QB that can’t carry your team past the finish line, the odds of success is significantly lower. Less to spend on the rest of the roster.

Then you get people saying the team doesn’t have enough around the QB to succeed. Like majority of Carr supporters have always claimed 

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

I understand your point but when you invest in a QB that can’t carry your team past the finish line, the odds of success is significantly lower. Less to spend on the rest of the roster.

Then you get people saying the team doesn’t have enough around the QB to succeed. Like majority of Carr supporters have always claimed 

If you manage the roster well, which we haven't, you can do it. The cap goes up every year. Carr is not going to get an astronomical deal. No one is implying that. It won't severely limit us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don’t think the Bengals would of had a significantly different record last year vs this year . Chase probably goes 5-8 anyway last year. Most teams in that position take Sewell

Burrow being on the rookie scale allowed them to bolster their defense. Hendrickson, Reeder etc

They would've won at least two more games and that would've been the difference. If they won one more game that changes everything. 

Think about it this way: It's the difference between if Jimmy Garoppolo hadn't torn his ACL that one year and then they end up getting Nick Bosa instead of us. That stuff matters. Because it basically means that somebody that's not as add as they should've been got a superior Player than they should've got.

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you manage the roster well, which we haven't, you can do it. The cap goes up every year. Carr is not going to get an astronomical deal. No one is implying that. It won't severely limit us.

Carr is going to get like $27-31M APY, we will have to draft well.

• Like 1