Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

meh you overthinking it. We have more bench players we could bring back for peanuts who are solid depth. Richard, Ragas I think is a fine RB3, S Smith, Bowers( kinda like Lee Smith, big blocking TE) , Turner or Stoner could be something, Patriots Lineman, Martin, Parker not bad as backup LT,  Philon, Marquel Lee, Ravens LB, Nixon, Morrow possibly? Leavitt not a bad special teamer and 4th safety... all could be back.... you figure we have a 8 man draft class and maybe 1 UDFA makes the cut. not that many bodies need to be brought in 

Richard and Morrow are not cheap for what they produce.  Philon might be but he is going to get a pay raise for how he played last year.  Of course our 3rd and 4th string players that should only see special teams will be cheap but we are not going to fill out the rest of the roster with those signings at least if you want to not draft in the top 5 next year.  Our draft picks alone are going to be $8-9 million.  Then we have to look at paying our own players if not risk losing some when they all hit FA.  Our cap space is almost already gone.  This is why I think we bite the bullet and take 2022 as a lost season to get the money straightened out.  If we are not going to extend Carr then we should trade him and sign a journeyman and draft a QB this year.  We will be taking a risk but the other is risky also.  If McDaniel really likes Carr we should have a deal done before the draft.  If we backload a bunch of contracts I will not be happy.  We could sacrifice this year and have a big advantage for a few years after.  If you think Graham is leaving after a year focus on the offense so you can shape the defense for the next DC.  2 drafts and smart money management and we could have much improved team.

24 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Richard and Morrow are not cheap for what they produce.  Philon might be but he is going to get a pay raise for how he played last year.  Of course our 3rd and 4th string players that should only see special teams will be cheap but we are not going to fill out the rest of the roster with those signings at least if you want to not draft in the top 5 next year.  Our draft picks alone are going to be $8-9 million.  Then we have to look at paying our own players if not risk losing some when they all hit FA.  Our cap space is almost already gone.  This is why I think we bite the bullet and take 2022 as a lost season to get the money straightened out.  If we are not going to extend Carr then we should trade him and sign a journeyman and draft a QB this year.  We will be taking a risk but the other is risky also.  If McDaniel really likes Carr we should have a deal done before the draft.  If we backload a bunch of contracts I will not be happy.  We could sacrifice this year and have a big advantage for a few years after.  If you think Graham is leaving after a year focus on the offense so you can shape the defense for the next DC.  2 drafts and smart money management and we could have much improved team.

lol I think your wrong, but let me tell you why. McDaniels didn't take this job to be a loser. Tearing the roster down and throwing 2022 season away makes him look like a loser. he already looks like a loser from his time in Denver. he seen a playoff team that he thinks he can turn into a contender. he doesn't have Gruden 10 y contract, he needs to produce wins now. 

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

lol I think your wrong, but let me tell you why. McDaniels didn't take this job to be a loser. Tearing the roster down and throwing 2022 season away makes him look like a loser. he already looks like a loser from his time in Denver. he seen a playoff team that he thinks he can turn into a contender. he doesn't have Gruden 10 y contract, he needs to produce wins now. 

Most new coaches do not come in thinking I need to win now with the team someone else built.  New coaches want people that run their system and show that they can build a team.  If he could win a SB next year of course he tries but with how our team is setup I think they try to clear the dead weight and try to win with their players.  Does that mean they get rid of everyone? No but I think more than you think will be gone next year.  Do you think the 2016 team was better than the team this year?  if you do just remember the 2017 team was pretty much the same players as 2016 and Gruden burned down the house after pulling the Carr out of the garage.