Should Washington sign Donte Jackson to be their slot CB?

turtle28

9 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

why, we have Fuller and D J Hayden. Jackson and St Juste outside and Danny Johnson played O K .. 

We need an upgrade at slot corner, Fuller has struggled in the slot since he left here the first time back in 2018. He’s better on the outside, same w/ WJ3, St. Juste & Hayden. Now, I did think that D. Johnson played ok in the slot last year but he could certainly be upgraded.

Hayden is also on a one year deal, he’s going to be 32 in June. He’s a stop gap at best.

Edited by turtle28

Played a lot in the slot for LSU. Has played outside mostly in the pros — which raises the question of why that’s been the case.

Is it because he was typically one of their best outside CBs, and they didn’t want to waste him in the slot when he could lock horns outside more effectively than the other guys? Or is it because he didn’t play well there (or didn’t want to play there, which at one point I think I heard was the case)?

He’s a legit athlete, that much we know. At times the play has been rather impressive, at times really not. He’s a very streaky player it seems. Probably related to the fact that he’s kind of an ******* by many accounts. We don’t have a lot of bad eggs on this roster, so I’m sure he’d be just fine here — but he has a mouth and an ego on him, from what I’ve seen and what I’ve heard. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 11:33 PM, e16bball said:

Played a lot in the slot for LSU. Has played outside mostly in the pros — which raises the question of why that’s been the case.

Is it because he was typically one of their best outside CBs, and they didn’t want to waste him in the slot when he could lock horns outside more effectively than the other guys? Or is it because he didn’t play well there (or didn’t want to play there, which at one point I think I heard was the case)?

He’s a legit athlete, that much we know. At times the play has been rather impressive, at times really not. He’s a very streaky player it seems. Probably related to the fact that he’s kind of an ******* by many accounts. We don’t have a lot of bad eggs on this roster, so I’m sure he’d be just fine here — but he has a mouth and an ego on him, from what I’ve seen and what I’ve heard. 

Thanks E, I didn’t know all that. We’ll probably sign him bc he played at Carolina but it sounds like we should pass.

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Thanks E, I didn’t know all that. We’ll probably sign him bc he played at Carolina but it sounds like we should pass.

I think we’ll find out a lot about the character stuff from whether Ron decides to pursue him or not. He definitely has a mouth, you can see it during the games, but there’s a good, positive for the team kind of trash talker — and then there’s just a mouthy pain in the ***. DJ Swearinger was somehow both during his time here. 

I still like Round 3 or 4 for addressing slot CB, and I would save my money for FS — but Jackson is a legit talent. If Ron thinks he’s worth a decent sized contract to play in the slot, I’d be interested to see how it played out.