Stafford versus Rivers

Towerbridge

18 minutes ago, Tightspiral7 said:

Sweet Jesus, now he's being compared to Elway...

Only in terms of #1 overall draft picks finally winning a ring (during the end of their careers). 

John Elway was known as a choke artist before finally getting over the hump.  

If Matthew Stafford wins a 2nd SB Championship? Watch out. 

41 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Only in terms of #1 overall draft picks finally winning a ring (during the end of their careers). 

John Elway was known as a choke artist before finally getting over the hump.  

If Matthew Stafford wins a 2nd SB Championship? Watch out. 

Stop it. Please, stop it.

If you replace Elway with Stafford, the Broncos never make 1 SB in the 80s, let alone 3.

Conversely, you put a prime Elway on the LIons, and he elevates them significantly compared to what Stafford managed.

There is NO comparison. At all. Even mentioning the two in the same sentence is an epic disgrace to Elway; and I hate John Elway.

This type of Stafford overrating is what's making people annoyed. Stop comparing this guy to the likes Rodgers, Elway, Fouts, because he won on a stacked team.

Matt Stafford is a "good" QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is getting embarrassing. John Elway??? Are you serious??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tightspiral7 said:

Stop it. Please, stop it.

If you replace Elway with Stafford, the Broncos never make 1 SB in the 80s, let alone 3.

Conversely, you put a prime Elway on the LIons, and he elevates them significantly compared to what Stafford managed.

There is NO comparison. At all. Even mentioning the two in the same sentence is an epic disgrace to Elway; and I hate John Elway.

This type of Stafford overrating is what's making people annoyed. Stop comparing this guy to the likes Rodgers, Elway, Fouts, because he won on a stacked team.

Matt Stafford is a "good" QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is getting embarrassing. John Elway??? Are you serious??

If not for Matthew Stafford's greatness A.) An awful Detroit Lions team never make the playoffs 3x under Matthew Stafford and B.) Both of Calvin Johnson and Cooper Kupp don't put up the #1 and #2 Receiving Yard seasons of All-Time within NFL history (while Matthew Stafford himself was the QB brains behind the operation). 

John Elway never put up the type of season that Matthew Stafford just did. 

(Regular Season + Postseason Combined).

499/741 (67.3%).

6,074 Passing Yards. 

50 TDs/20 INTs.

4 4th Quarter Comebacks. 

6 Game Winning Drives. 

QB Rating of 101.8.

Not ever. Not never. 

Matthew Stafford has always been absolute greatness; he's just always been stuck within and trapped behind an atrocious Detroit Lions Franchise (an awful Franchise who both #20 Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson walked away in their primes and both quit on). 

The Lions without Matthew Stafford just went 3-13-1 (and that's what type of crap team Matthew Stafford finally got to escape).

And don't you ever talk to me about "stacked teams" or else I'll bring up all of the stacked teams who Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Kurt Warner, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes etc all won SBs with (as a way of diminishing their SB wins).

You stop it. Please stop it.

Because you can never show me a single season where John Elway (ever) out performed Matthew Stafford's 2021-2022 season of Regular Season/Postseason (combined). You just can't. 

I'm a Jets fan. I remember 1998s AFC Championship Game loss against Denver. John Elway absolutely stunk that game. It was Terrell Davis who killed us for 32 carries with 167 rushing yards and 1 TD while Denver's elite Defense held Curtis Martin to only 14 rushing yards and destroyed Vinny Testaverde with 0 TDs/2 INTs and an atrocious QB Rating of 64.3 all while John Elway only went 13/34, 173 passing yards, 1 TD and an embarrassing QB Rating of 65.0. 

John Elway stunk that game and if not for T.D and Denver's elite D? We easily eliminate John Elway and he never wins his 2nd SB (the following game vs ATL) during his 16th season. 

And during Elways 1st ever SB win of 1997 he stunk up the joint vs GB with an atrocious QB Rating of 51.9 due to only going 12/22 with only 123 passing yards 0 TDs/1 INT (1 rushing TD) all while it was Terrell Davis who won the game with 30 carries, 157 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs.

I wouldn't expect for you to remember any of this because it's been so long but Terrell Davis won him his 1st SB of 1997 vs. Green Bay (as he stunk up the joint) and Terrell Davis and his elite Denver D also saved his (choke artist) *** during our AFC Championship game vs. my Jets of 1998.

John Elway has 0 rings without Terrell TD Davis and that Denver D who carried him...x2.

John Elway never put up the type of postseason performance that Matthew Stafford just did here in 2021-2022. Not ever. Not never. 

His fake SB MVP was given to him out of PITTY he had 1 TD all game (passing/rushing combined) vs ATL with 1 INT thrown too (worst SB "MVP" performance of All-Time dude).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

If not for Matthew Stafford's greatness A.) An awful Detroit Lions team never make the playoffs 3x under Matthew Stafford and B.) Both of Calvin Johnson and Cooper Kupp don't put up the #1 and #2 Receiving Yard seasons of All-Time within NFL history (while Matthew Stafford himself was the QB brains behind the operation). 

John Elway never put up the type of season that Matthew Stafford just did. 

(Regular Season + Postseason Combined).

499/741 (67.3%).

6,074 Passing Yards. 

50 TDs/20 INTs.

4 4th Quarter Comebacks. 

6 Game Winning Drives. 

QB Rating of 101.8.

Not ever. Not never. 

Matthew Stafford has always been absolute greatness; he's just always been stuck within and trapped behind an atrocious Detroit Lions Franchise (an awful Franchise who both #20 Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson walked away in their primes and both quit on). 

The Lions without Matthew Stafford just went 3-13-1 (and that's what type of crap team Matthew Stafford finally got to escape).

And don't you ever talk to me about "stacked teams" or else I'll bring up all of the stacked teams who Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Kurt Warner, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes etc all won SBs with (as a way of diminishing their SB wins).

You stop it. Please stop it.

Because you can never show me a single season where John Elway (ever) out performed Matthew Stafford's 2021-2022 season of Regular Season/Postseason (combined). You just can't. 

I'm a Jets fan. I remember 1998s AFC Championship Game loss against Denver. John Elway absolutely stunk that game. It was Terrell Davis who killed us for 32 carries with 167 rushing yards and 1 TD while Denver's elite Defense held Curtis Martin to only 14 rushing yards and destroyed Vinny Testaverde with 0 TDs/2 INTs and an atrocious QB Rating of 64.3 all while John Elway only went 13/34, 173 passing yards, 1 TD and an embarrassing QB Rating of 65.0. 

John Elway stunk that game and if not for T.D and Denver's elite D? We easily eliminate John Elway and he never wins his 2nd SB (the following game vs ATL) during his 16th season. 

And during Elways 1st ever SB win of 1997 he stunk up the joint vs GB with an atrocious QB Rating of 51.9 due to only going 12/22 with only 123 passing yards 0 TDs/1 INT (1 rushing TD) all while it was Terrell Davis who won the game with 30 carries, 157 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs.

I wouldn't expect for you to remember any of this because it's been so long but Terrell Davis won him his 1st SB of 1997 vs. Green Bay (as he stunk up the joint) and Terrell Davis and his elite Denver D also saved his (choke artist) *** during our AFC Championship game vs. my Jets of 1998.

John Elway has 0 rings without Terrell TD Davis and that Denver D who carried him..

John Elway never put up the type of postseason performance that Matthew Stafford just did here in 2021-2022. Not ever. Not never. 

I absolutely despise John Elway, and I really like Matt Stafford, but this post is an atrocity.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I absolutely despise John Elway, and I really like Matt Stafford, but this post is an atrocity.

Did you not see his awful 1997 SB game vs. GB where TD carried him and/or his atrocious 1998 AFC Championship Game vs NYJ where TD and his elite D carried him?

Plesse post a season John Elway ever had that was better than Matthew Stafford's both regular season and postseason (combined). 

You can't. 

Matthew Stafford despite less years already blows John Elway out of the waters within almost every single QB Statistical category known to (QB) mankind. 

Matthew Stafford: 182 games.  

4,302/6,825

(63.0 % completion percentage). 

49,995 Passing Yards (274.7 per game).  

(7.3 yards per pass attempt).

323 TDs.

161 INTs. 

(2.4 INT%).

(2.00 TD-to-INT Ratio).

QB Rating of 91.1. 

Vs

John Elway: 234 games. 

4,123/7,250. 

(56.9% completion percentage).

51,475 Passing Yards (220.0 yards per game)..  

(7.1 yards per pass attempt).

300 TDs. 

226 INTs. 

(3.1 INT%). 

(1.3 TD-to-INT Ratio).

QB Rating of 79.9. 

▪︎ Completion Percentage = Stafford

▪︎ Passing Yards per Game = Stafford.

▪︎ Yards Per Pass Attempt = Stafford.  

▪︎ TDs thrown = Stafford

▪︎ Fewer INTs thrown = Stafford

▪︎ INT% = Stafford.  

▪︎ TD-to-INT Ratio = Stafford.  

▪︎ QB Rating = Stafford

Etc.

And I could just as easily post their per game postseason statistics where Matthew Stafford dominates him in that regard too. 

Etc. 

But yea. Ok. Right.

Let's just sit here and pretend to convince everyone on how John Elway was "so much better" than Matthew Stafford while completely underrating Matthew Stafford (@ the same time).

(I've always believed in Matthew Stafford's arm talents + physical toughness and on another Jets forum heading into wildcard weekend vs. Arizona I was telling everyone how Matthew Stafford was going to win the Super Bowl while a guy a Jets fan from Michigan was telling everyone how he's "nothing more than a choke artist" and "can never win a SB". WRONG. 

The Los Angeles Rams knew what they were doing when trading away not only Goff and not one but two 1st round draft picks + a 3rd round draft pick for this guy because they knew (how I know) how elite he truly is. 

(and Detroit should be ashamed of themselves for never building a contender around him). 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

12 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

(and Detroit should be ashamed of themselves for never building a contender around him). 

Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate paired with the #1 defense in the NFL. Stafford turned the ball over three times in the second half of a tight playoff game.

You aren't winning many playoff games, or games in general, with your QB self-destructing like that.

There was a three year span where he averaged an INT/game and a fumble every other game.  If you're counting, thats 48 INTs and 26 fumbles in 48 games.  The guy is almost single-handedly responsible for tanking the 2013 season. One of the most inconsistent QBs in the league and at the time was likened to other inconsistent QBs like Cam Newton.

Unfortunately, this happened to coincide with Detroit assembling a pretty good roster and it wasn't until 2017 or 2018 when Stafford realized he might need a private offseason coach. 

But go on, tell me more.

1 hour ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate paired with the #1 defense in the NFL. Stafford turned the ball over three times in the second half of a tight playoff game.

You aren't winning many playoff games, or games in general, with your QB self-destructing like that.

There was a three year span where he averaged an INT/game and a fumble every other game.  If you're counting, thats 48 INTs and 26 fumbles in 48 games.  The guy is almost single-handedly responsible for tanking the 2013 season. One of the most inconsistent QBs in the league and at the time was likened to other inconsistent QBs like Cam Newton.

Unfortunately, this happened to coincide with Detroit assembling a pretty good roster and it wasn't until 2017 or 2018 when Stafford realized he might need a private offseason coach. 

But go on, tell me more.

Just go to the Detroit Lions message board on here. Those fans are almost in tears due to being so happy for him; because real Detroit Lions fans know what he had to live through in Detroit alongside of an absolute atrocious franchise (just ask Barry Sanders how many playoff games he won).

Matthew Stafford: 182 games.  

4,302/6,825

(63.0 % completion percentage). 

49,995 Passing Yards (274.7 per game).  

(7.3 yards per pass attempt).

323 TDs.

161 INTs. 

(2.4 INT%).

(2.00 TD-to-INT Ratio).

QB Rating of 91.1. 

Vs. 

John Elway: 234 games. 

4,123/7,250. 

(56.9% completion percentage).

51,475 Passing Yards (220.0 yards per game)..  

(7.1 yards per pass attempt).

300 TDs. 

226 INTs. 

(3.1 INT%). 

(1.3 TD-to-INT Ratio).

QB Rating of 79.9. 

▪︎ Completion Percentage = Stafford

▪︎ Passing Yards per Game = Stafford.

▪︎ Yards Per Pass Attempt = Stafford.  

▪︎ TDs thrown = Stafford

▪︎ Fewer INTs thrown = Stafford

▪︎ INT% = Stafford.  

▪︎ TD-to-INT Ratio = Stafford.  

▪︎ QB Rating = Stafford

Yup.

I just told you "more"  

Los Angeles Rams knew exactly what they were doing when trading away Goff along with two 1st round picks + a 3rd round pick for the rights to the services of Matthew Stafford and why? Because unlike you; both Sean McVay and the Rams Front Office seen absolute greatness in Matthew Stafford (as have I and I'm not even a Lions/Rams fan, dude).