• Our original 2022 3rd
  • The 2022 3rd from McDaniel
  • Our original 2023 3rd
  • The 2023 3rd from Saleh/Mayhew
  • The 2023 3rd from McDaniel
Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 4

Just now, GW21 said:

So 2 in 22, 3 in 23 (until Ryans gets poached next year), and two in 24. Sounds like we’re going to be living at the tail end of the third in the next couple of drafts.

Whoops, jumped the gun on 24, but we could potentially have 4 in 23 and 2 in 24. That’s nuts. 

Just now, GW21 said:

So 2 in 22, 3 in 23 (until Ryans gets poached next year), and two in 24. Sounds like we’re going to be living at the tail end of the third in the next couple of drafts.

But luckily you can trade comp picks now, so we can use them to move up, should now mean we have 3 day 2 picks, a 4th, 5th, DEN's 6th, & we're gonna get 3 7th's for losing Thomas, Hyder, & Beathard last offseason, so we should have 9 picks now.

1 minute ago, jonnguy2015 said:

From what I understand:

• We got 3rds in 2021, 2022, and 2023 after Saleh and Mayhew were hired
  • We drafted Ambry with that 2021 pick
  • We traded 2022 as part of the Lance deal
  • We get additional 3rds in 2022 and 2023 for McDaniel getting hired

Correct, we used our 2021 3rd comp on Ambry, sent 2022 to MIA, still have our own 3rd, and now a Comp 3rd.

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

But luckily you can trade comp picks now, so we can use them to move up, should now mean we have 3 day 2 picks, a 4th, 5th, DEN's 6th, & we're gonna get 3 7th's for losing Thomas, Hyder, & Beathard last offseason, so we should have 9 picks now.

And we’ve still got Jimmy to trade. I’m really curious to see what that ends up being.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

From what I understand:

• We got 3rds in 2021, 2022, and 2023 after Saleh and Mayhew were hired
  • We drafted Ambry with the 2021 pick
  • We traded the 2022 pick as part of the Lance deal
  • We get additional 3rds in 2022 and 2023 for McDaniel getting hired

So currently we have:

• Our original 2022 3rd
  • The 2022 3rd from McDaniel
  • Our original 2023 3rd
  • The 2023 3rd from Saleh/Mayhew
  • The 2023 3rd from McDaniel

Thank you!!! I just asked for Forge and 49erscap to break this down for me lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

@49erscap @Forge

Please if you can, break down the picks of Mayhew/Saleh/McDaniel and when we will get them or have gotten them already. I'm confused why the Saleh pick was traded away but we won't get Mayhew's this year? Huh? 

You only get 1 comp pick a year for losing a minority to a HC or GM job, you get 2 overall if you lose only 1, but when you lose 2 you only get 3(so for Saleh & Mayhew, it ended up being 2021-2023), now with McDaniel it'll be 2022 & 2023, now if we end up losing say Ran Carthon as a GM this year we'd get just a 2023 3rd, if he next year, we get 2(2023 & 2024)

4 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

You only get 1 comp pick a year for losing a minority to a HC or GM job, you get 2 overall if you lose only 1, but when you lose 2 you only get 3(so for Saleh & Mayhew, it ended up being 2021-2023), now with McDaniel it'll be 2022 & 2023, now if we end up losing say Ran Carthon as a GM this year we'd get just a 2023 3rd, if he next year, we get 2(2023 & 2024)

If this is all correct and we have a comp 3 to add to this years original 2nd and 3rd, then hopefully add a 2nd OR 3rd from Jimmy, we are going to have the ability to really add some talent to this roster early In the draft

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

If this is all correct and we have a comp 3 to add to this years original 2nd and 3rd, then hopefully add a 2nd OR 3rd from Jimmy, we are going to have the ability to really add some talent to this roster early In the draft

What I like is that there's a certain mash up in the middle like their almost always is. If you can get a second for Jimmy and then trade those two thirds to get into the late second round and have 3 picks in the top 65, I think we are doing just fine. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

What I like is that there's a certain mash up in the middle like their almost always is. If you can get a second for Jimmy and then trade those two thirds to get into the late second round and have 3 picks in the top 65, I think we are doing just fine. 

Agreed, either way I think the value is in rounds 2-4 of this draft and we will be in perfect position to upgrade. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that Ross is making him keep most of the defensive staff, so I'll be curious to see what happens with regards to guys he will take with him. 

This is probably a good spot for Embree to go, if we are being honest. I'm assuming that we retain Slowik as some sort of coordinator (run game / pass game, whatever), but I have to imagine that McD is going to be allowed to poach some people. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure that Ross is making him keep most of the defensive staff, so I'll be curious to see what happens with regards to guys he will take with him. 

This is probably a good spot for Embree to go, if we are being honest. I'm assuming that we retain Slowik as some sort of coordinator (run game / pass game, whatever), but I have to imagine that McD is going to be allowed to poach some people. 

We wouldn't get anything for Embree since his contract was up, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Embree already went to the Broncos

• Like 2