49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, that would be very smart for them. Easy way to fix the OL....Well, at least a quick way to improve it.

If we lose out on Tomlinson, then no excuse not to get one of the top corners in the free agency class. 

If they lose out on both Laken & DJ, then they better get one of the CBs(Gilmore, Ward, Wallace) and they need to be in on James Daniels & Alex Cappa, move Banks to LG.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

If they lose out on both Laken & DJ, then they better get one of the CBs(Gilmore, Ward, Wallace) and they need to be in on James Daniels & Alex Cappa, move Banks to LG.

Wouldn't be surprised if we made a push on Daniels. 

I feel like the Bucs can't afford to let Cappa hit the market with the retirement of Marpet and what appears to be the loss of Jensen. At this point, I have to wonder if he's a priority re-signing for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we made a push on Daniels. 

I feel like the Bucs can't afford to let Cappa hit the market with the retirement of Marpet and what appears to be the loss of Jensen. At this point, I have to wonder if he's a priority re-signing for them. 

It's going to be hard for them to keep Godwin, & Cappa, right now they have, according to OverTheCap.com, $2.7M in cap room, Brady can't officially retire till June 2nd for the Bucs to save cap room, as for Ali Marpet, they could have him lower his salary down to the minimum($1.12M), save $8.88M, then he retires officially June 2nd, or else they would end up with just $5.625M in cap room, instead of $10M after June 1.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

It's going to be hard for them to keep Godwin, & Cappa, right now they have, according to OverTheCap.com, $2.7M in cap room, Brady can't officially retire till June 2nd for the Bucs to save cap room, as for Ali Marpet, they could have him lower his salary down to the minimum($1.12M), save $8.88M, then he retires officially June 2nd, or else they would end up with just $5.625M in cap room, instead of $10M after June 1.

At least they got that super bowl...because damn lol 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

At least they got that super bowl...because damn lol 

Just realized Carlton Davis could probably be had as well if Godwin gets the franchise tag.

A team like the Jets are going to spend big on one of these corners. 

Are the Bucs still operating as if they are SB contenders with the talent they have, despite the QB questions? That could tell us quite a bit on what they do in free agency. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just realized Carlton Davis could probably be had as well if Godwin gets the franchise tag.

A team like the Jets are going to spend big on one of these corners. 

Are the Bucs still operating as if they are SB contenders with the talent they have, despite the QB questions? That could tell us quite a bit on what they do in free agency. 

Supposedly the Godwin extension is close

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So they could tag Davis? Or he's hitting the market regardless? 

They can tag him. Deadline is Tuesday and then they'd have about a week to get under the cap if needed I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Good for him, he grinds hard making 10 videos a day, some while being on vacation lol. 

To me, people like him have ruined journalism and sports reporting as a whole. It really started with First Take and the like, but I still have zero respect for a person who makes a living off of trolling and lies 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

To me, people like him have ruined journalism and sports reporting as a whole. It really started with First Take and the like, but I still have zero respect for a person who makes a living off of trolling and lies 

The excuse many use is that he is amusing....trolls, IMO, should be avoided, not encouraged.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The excuse many use is that he is amusing....trolls, IMO, should be avoided, not encouraged.

He's a troll through and through. I'm all for people questioning the franchise when it's needed. But, it's a whole different situation when you're purposely causing discourse for the sake of clicks. 

• Like 3