2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Toney only had 420 yards last season, how many players have 420 yards and get traded for a 1st round pick? Hell the Texans didn't even get a first for Hopkins who was arguably the best WR in the league at the time of the deal, lol.

Have you been following all the WRs news? They are getting over valued by crazy amounts. 

I would trade a 1st for Toney. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Toney only had 420 yards last season, how many players have 420 yards and get traded for a 1st round pick? Hell the Texans didn't even get a first for Hopkins who was arguably the best WR in the league at the time of the deal, lol.

How many rookie (well, second year) first round WRs  get traded period? There’s not exactly a lot of precedence for that. Hopkins is an apples to oranges comparison given where the teams were at, his age, and his contract situation. 

Harvin got traded for a 1st with mediocre production and even less team + cost  control. 

Edited by Yin-Yang

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Have you been following all the WRs news? They are getting over valued by crazy amounts. 

I would trade a 1st for Toney. 

One WR (Kirk) was overpaid in free agency and two (Hill/Adams) were traded for big hauls and received mega deals. It's also important to note that Hill/Adams are probably two of the top three WR's in the league. What other WR's were overvalued? Amari Cooper got traded for like a 6th round pick, lol.

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One WR (Kirk) was overpaid in free agency and two (Hill/Adams) were traded for big hauls and received mega deals. It's also important to note that Hill/Adams are probably two of the top three WR's in the league. What other WR's were overvalued? Amari Cooper got traded for like a 6th round pick, lol.

All with contract issues. Apples and oranges.

38 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

All with contract issues. Apples and oranges.

And all established players in the NFL, like half of Toney's production came in a single game. Regardless I get that the Giants are trading him but to act like he's just some extremely valuable asset, lol, come on.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

There was a perception of that amongst some people, but no. He wasn't as good last year as he was in 2020 when he was a pro bowler and one of the most lockdown corners in the league, but he was still very good. 

He's the only player in the NFL with 17+ PDs each of the last 2 seasons.

There was a game where Aikman was really embarrassing himself ranting about how bad Bradberry was in single coverage where he was basically blanketing the WR who was making excellent moves or catches while covered.

Bradberry was awesome in 2020 and he was good in 2021.

Aikman has been bad for about 5 years.

• Like 1

"I'm trying to answer that when I had a reaction to it. And it's like, 'Damn, I wish they hadn't guaranteed the whole contract,'" Bisciotti said Tuesday at the NFL league meetings. "I don't know that he should've been the first guy to get a fully guaranteed contract. To me, that's something that is groundbreaking, and it'll make negotiations harder with others."

QBs are gonna get paaaaaaid going forward and they should be. Time for owners to pony up guaranteed deals.

42 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

There was a game where Aikman was really embarrassing himself ranting about how bad Bradberry was in single coverage where he was basically blanketing the WR who was making excellent moves or catches while covered.

Bradberry was awesome in 2020 and he was good in 2021.

Aikman has been bad for about 5 years.

Aikman has been embarrassing himself for years. He is clearly not sober on the job at least 30% of the time. 

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

QBs are gonna get paaaaaaid going forward and they should be. Time for owners to pony up guaranteed deals.

This isnt the flex you think it is. It screws up the cap system. Its not about owners being cheap, imo

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

And all established players in the NFL, like half of Toney's production came in a single game.

…which highlights why the comparison is silly.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Regardless I get that the Giants are trading him but to act like he's just some extremely valuable asset, lol, come on.

He’s a talented, second year player that was just touted as a FRP. A FRP in return isn’t much.

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

…which highlights why the comparison is silly.

He’s a talented, second year player that was just touted as a FRP. A FRP in return isn’t much.

We will take a 1st round pick for Alex Leatherwood.

Just now, NYRaider said:

We will take a 1st round pick for Alex Leatherwood.

Toney didn’t play 97% of snaps and suck, though…

No amount of Alex Leatherwood will make that Hopkins comparison make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

But he's a good young player who was a FRP last season, lol. 

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Toney didn’t play 97% of snaps and suck, though…

Hopkins comparison was a bad one, bro.