2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Has any defensive back left the Patriots and kept being good?

Kenny Moore is technically a former Patriot, done pretty well out in Indy. Eric Rowe carved out a role for himself as a safety (what I always thought he should’ve been, tbh). Granted neither were all that great here. Justin Coleman was a good slot CB here, I’m pretty sure he’s been solid as he’s made his way around the league. People have already mentioned Asante. Darius Butler flamed out badly here but had a couple nice years later on.

It’s a pretty small list, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Has any defensive back left the Patriots and kept being good?

It's more than just Interception because last year despite 100+ targets against opposing #1 WRs this kid held opposing QB to a completion percentage of only 50% and a QB Rating against of only 51. 

But has any N.E Patriots CB ever had 25 INTs before age 27 and/or ever had 17 INTs throughout their previous 2 years before hitting FA? 

No. They haven't. 

J.C. Jackson is an absolute Superstar.

✓ But unfortunately for N.E. they can not afford him due to having only $9,307,795 in available Salary Cap Space (in comparison to my Jets @ $48,816,765 who can easily afford him (while not missing a single beat).

I forgot.

My actual Dallas Cowboys Salary Cap Hell Prediction of almost two weeks ago was that all 4 of...

WR: Amari Cooper (released). 

TE: Dalton Schultz (FA).

Edge DE: DeMarcus Lawrence (released). 

Edge DE: Randy Gregory (FA). 

✓ Will Hit the 2022 Free Agency Open Market. 

(with a good chance that their 5th one in Michael Gallup does @ WR too).

• The bad news for Dallas by releasing both Amari Cooper and DeMarcus Lawrence is that it'll cost them exactly $25M in Dead Cap Hits.  

• The good news for Dallas by releasing both Amari Cooper and DeMarcus Lawrence is that it'll save them exactly $24M in Available Salary Cap Space. 

(Putting them @ only $10,576,315 in available Salary Cap Space). 

• The bad news for the Cowboys is that they'll only have $10.5M in available Salary Cap Space in order to A.) Fill in big holes now being left @ WR/DE/DE/TE, B.) Re-Signing WR Michael Gallup and/or C.) Still having enough Available Salary Cap Space in order to just sign their own 2022 Draft Picks.

dallas cowboys GIF

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

It's more than just Interception because last year despite 100+ targets against opposing #1 WRs

You’re an endless reel of wrong information, lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You’re an endless reel of wrong information, lol.

~~~~~ Quoted for truth (below) ~~~~~

"In total, J.C. Jackson saw action in all 17 regular season games as well as New England’s playoff loss in Buffalo.

In those games while going up against opponents’ best receivers on a regular basis...

Jackson surrendered 57 catches on 112 targets (50.8% completion percentage against) for 756 yards as well as three touchdowns.

He also intercepted 8 passes (2nd most in the league behind Trevon Diggs’ 11). 

And ended up with a defensive Quarterback rating against of only 51.8 (a number significantly below than of worst-rated QB in the league in 2021)".

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

I get a kick out of and have always found it pretty funny how/when fan bases begin to underrate their own Superstar players (once no longer being able to afford them anymore).

30 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I get a kick out of and have always found it pretty funny how/when fan bases begin to underrate their own Superstar players (once no longer being able to afford them anymore).

Oh, look. Another straw man. I’ll quote you again since it’s not an established fact that you don’t read well…

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

despite 100+ targets against opposing #1 WRs

One more time for good measure. This time in bold!

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

100+ targets against opposing #1 WRs

JC Jackson did not see 100+ targets against #1 wide receivers.

• Like 1

mj85t54nxta51.jpg

A lot of people consider #24 Darrelle Revis Island's 2009 season as the Greatest individual Single-Season CB Performance of All-Time (myself included, 100%; and no questions about it).

DiaHC-CXkAAQVlS.jpg

Revis of 2009: 

• Targeted 111 times

• 32 Receptions allowed.

• (28.8% completion percentage against).

• (31 Passed Defended).

• 290 Receiving Yards allowed.

• 2 TDs allowed 

• 54 Tackles.

• 6 INTs.

• (121 INT Return Yards).

• 1 Defensive TD Scored).

√ QB Rating against of 32.3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J.C. Jackson 2021:

• Targeted 112 times.

• 57 Receptions allowed.

• (50.8% completion percentage against). 

• (23 Passes Defended). 

• 757 Receiving Yards allowed.

• 3 TDs allowed.

• 58 Tackles. 

• 8 INTs. 

• (92 INT Return Yards).

• 0 Defensive TDs Scored. 

√ QB Rating against of 51.8 (8 INTs). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No.

There will never be another Darrelle Revis (IMO) because what I witnessed #24 do on an Island in man to man coverage while one on one against #1 WRs and with no Safety help (whatsoever) throughout (especially) 2009 and 2010; is something that I had never never witnessed before (and I've still yet to witness ever since).

J.C. Jackson isn't no #24 Darrelle Revis Island (not many ever will be, never) but J.C. Jackson's 2021 was absolutely incredible. 

J.C. Jackson is an absolute SUPERSTAR #1 CORNERBACK. 

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Oh, look. Another straw man. I’ll quote you again since it’s not an established fact that you don’t read well…

One more time for good measure. This time in bold!

JC Jackson did not see 100+ targets against #1 wide receivers.

For arguments sake...

How many of his 112 targets were against #1 WRs? 

I'd figure you'd know the exact # (rather than the professional sports writers who were paid to write about it).

8 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

For arguments sake...

I'd figure you'd know the exact # (rather than the professional sports writers who were paid to write about it).

Not my fight but do You have a graph similar to the Revis one above where it showed these #1 WR he was supposedly following/shutting down for 17 gms? Curious?

That could answer a lot of questions instead of assumptions being made about most of the 112?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

For arguments sake...

What professional sports writers? Lol. You provided no link, no source. Please show me the link that says all of JC’s targets were against opposing #1’s, please. Maybe we can find out exactly where all these gems have been coming from (Torry Holt 1st Ballot HOFer, Demarcus Ware not a finalist, Tom Brady $80M in dead cap, etc.) 

Jackson’s total targets on the season were 106 (112 with playoffs, I’ll take your word for it). You yourself have said you haven’t watched all the Patriots games. I’m telling you right now, there’s not a CB in the league that covers the other team’s #1 for literally 100% of their snaps. Not prime Revis, not JC Jackson, not DPOY Gilmore, no one. Go watch a highlight video (I’m sure you have) and you’ll see his picks aren’t even all off of #1s right there, lol. Unless you figure Tavon Austin to be a #1 WR…

I’ll tell you Diggs had 7 catches in the Week 16 matchup and only 4 came off of Jackson (including a TD, third and long conversion, and fourth down conversion…). 

I’ll wait to hear from your professional writer, because you obviously don’t bring much to the table yourself.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not my fight but do You have a graph similar to the Revis one above where it showed these #1 WR he was supposedly following/shutting down for 17 gms? Curious?

That could answer a lot of questions instead of assumptions being made about most of the 112?

No (but)...

2018:

DyftIgOWkAYkL3e.jpg

2019:

wqijftuqzag51.jpg?auto=webp&s=b6a480bc84

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2vCGl2ri-A3nkJofAFaj

2021 (His Greatest Season of them all = Pro Bowl + All-Pro)

1369013184.jpg

@Yin-Yang

I'd say that's pretty damn elite regardless of the straw man argument, no? 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'd say that's pretty damn elite regardless of the straw man argument, no? 

You made a claim, that you’re alleging you got from a “professional sports writer”. I said that claim’s wrong. You’ve yet to even produce the quote or the link. I know JC is a great corner, I never said otherwise but you’re too…let’s just say “special” to even make note of that.

Real question for you, do you even know what a straw man is?

Here’s an example of how a straw man goes:

”JC Jackson was targeted 100+ times and they were all against #1 receivers.”

”That’s actually not true, even watching something as simple as a highlight video on YouTube would show otherwise.”

”Oh yeah, well he had a ton of interceptions in 2020. Sounds pretty elite, huh?”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You made a claim, that you’re alleging you got from a “professional sports writer”. I said that claim’s wrong. You’ve yet to even produce the quote or the link. I know JC is a great corner, I never said otherwise but you’re too…let’s just say “special” to even make note of that.

Real question for you, do you even know what a straw man is?

Here’s an example of how a straw man goes:

”JC Jackson was targeted 100+ times and they were all against #1 receivers.”

”That’s actually not true, even watching something as simple as a highlight video on YouTube would show otherwise.”

”Oh yeah, well he had a ton of interceptions in 2020. Sounds pretty elite, huh?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2022/3/1/22956214/patriots-2022-nfl-free-agency-profile-jc-jackson-cornerback

"In total, he saw action in all 17 regular season games as well as New England’s playoff loss in Buffalo. In those games while going up against opponents’ best receivers on a regular basis, Jackson surrendered 57 catches on 112 targets for 756 yards as well as three touchdowns. He also intercepted eight passes"

PS: You're wrong about Revis. 2009 and 2010 Revis never guarded a #2 WR and/or lesser WR. Ever. And Jet fans know because we watched every single snap.

Revis would not only shadow #1 WRs all game long (each and every play) of every single play for 4 quarters strong (unless sent on a blitz) but he'd literally follow them everywhere they went (regardless of which side they lined up on). 

He'd even line up in the slot to guard opposing teams #1 slot receiver (when their outside WRs weren't a threat).

Revis always (100% of the time) lined up and followerd opposing teams #1 WR threat around (just ask Chad Johnson). 

Or better yet just ask Calvin Megatron Johnson. Career low. 1 catch for like 10 yards. Prime Megatron got stuck on #24s Island one on one on the outside with no (cover 0) Safety help (whatsoever). And same goes for Reggie Wayne during Reggie Wayne's greatest All-Pro season of 2010. Playoffs. Revis held him to 1 catch for 1 yard and Peyton Manning was confused because of it (and lost because of it).

Yes.

2009/2010 Revis shadowed and followed every single teams #1 WR around and revolutionized the CB position forever. Because what he did was never once done nor seen before and not even #21 Primetime Deion Sanders played the CB position (quite like Revis did).

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

while going up against opponents’ best receivers on a regular basis

in what world does that mean all his targets were against a teams best receiver? I am at work on a regular basis too but I am not there 24/7. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

in what world does that mean all his targets were against a teams best receiver? I am at work on a regular basis too but I am not there 24/7. 

Oh well (nonetheless) as an NY Jets fan I'd still love to have him (#28 Curtis Martin Vol. 2.0 but of our CB position) and/or as an NY Jets fan I can't wait for N.E to lose him...

DyftIgOWkAYkL3e.jpg

2019:

wqijftuqzag51.jpg?auto=webp&s=b6a480bc84

2020:

E3TYX7dX0AIW9Yp?format=jpg&name=large

2021: Pro Bowl + All-Pro (his greatest season ever)

From a former...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVCewhLnZCLgR3WuPlEZd

To...

16132237_web1_FBN-PROBOWL_020622cs_033.j

Good luck 🤞