Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Looking for something after masterminding my way out of a young stud. I wish I would've realized some things about the sim before I made that deal.

Yeah. My heart hurt seeing that trade.

• Like 1

Just now, Glen said:

Yeah. My heart hurt seeing that trade.

Long post.

I just... I didn't realize it then, but it's the truth: you cannot make the sim pass the ball. You just can't. I assumed that I'd fully commit to the passing game, but the sim doesn't care what I want.

I made a list of each QB that has started all four games so far and sorted them by pass attempts. Rodgers was second to last, despite me running a minimum run chance. But... why? Why did we run the ball 14 times and only throw it 10 with a 13+ point deficit? Because the sim doesn't care what I want.

I drafted offensive linemen based on their pass-blocking ability, and I nailed it. Connor Williams is a fantastic sim pass-blocker. Good scouting work by me. He sucks against the run, hence his league-leading 10 stuffs allowed, but we'll just pass, right? Nope. We're going to run. We're going to run repeatedly, up the middle, down on the scoreboard. 1st, 2nd, 3rd down... we're going to establish that running game before punting the ball away, with a deficit in the 4th quarter.

To be clear: I'm not criticizing the league, and Simmons is a guy I love that's keeper-tier and provides a defensive identity. I just didn't know. I didn't realize it before, and I wish I had. I would have taken a different approach.