Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Let's get a rating

Supremely Solid:

Austin Ekeler: With the first overall pick the Lancaster Fighting Irish choose to select a backup rb over strengthening their secondary, their offensive line, or their receiver corps. This pick is far and away a celebratory cigar pick, and one made so early on. This is right up there with the likes of taking Vince Wilfork over Elvis Dumervil.

Tua Tagovailoa: Antarctica choosing to not roll with Trask this upcoming season apparently decides to go with a sophomore QB who has shown flashes of decency. With a far better & far more Sim ready QB taken a few picks later, this second overall pick has me screaming “solid” outside my mothers basement window.

JJ Watt: A HOF caliber talent and a PFF darling. The only thing stopping this man is himself. Clear and away the most talent player in the draft, falling to pick #4 is quite a solid steal.

Solid:

Robert Quinn: 18.5 sacks, that’s all I really gotta say. I was hesitating putting Quinn on this list because he went right about exactly where he should have been taken. But Pickle made the right pick, a solid pick at that.

Adam Thielen: This man probably should have been the first overall pick if Watt wasn’t on the board. He’s had a bit of a slump dealing with injuries in years past. But this man is a clear #1 sim option still. And my #1 ranked draft-able WR(The third most important position imo)

Derek Carr: This should have been the second overall pick of the draft. Possibly the most Sim ready QB in the draft. One who had shown great promise this previous season despite coaching & player drama. Zero reason Carr should have fell to a QB needy team like Tacoma.

• Like 3

Just now, Glen said:

Derek Carr: This should have been the second overall pick of the draft. Possibly the most Sim ready QB in the draft. One who had shown great promise this previous season despite coaching & player drama. Zero reason Carr should have fell to a QB needy team like Tacoma.

season 5 episode 3 GIF

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

By my count I see:

3 solid picks

2 semi-solid

6 good picks 

3 solid is right, 2 semi-solid probably also right given Carr/Quinn

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I give the Watt pick an F- because the wrong picture was used and it made me question my preparation for the draft.

I mean it’s a Watt

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah, neither of those are bad picks IMO. I don't ever take OL early and there were other EDGES I probably would have gone for over Davenport

I have Armstead and now Davenport plus Micah Parsons (that can play Edge). Davenport has a PFF score of 88.8. 9 sacks, 42 pressures. 

• Like 1

I have Armstead and now Davenport plus Micah Parsons (that can play Edge). Davenport has a PFF score of 88.8. 9 sacks, 42 pressures. 

The odd number seasons are always a gamble in how to weigh IRL production vs last seasons SIM production. It'll be interesting to see how Davenport performs. He might hit pretty well for you

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The odd number seasons are always a gamble in how to weigh IRL production vs last seasons SIM production. It'll be interesting to see how Davenport performs. He might hit pretty well for you

Davenport has a similar sack/pressure percentage as Myles Garrett:

Garrett = 18 sacks/78 pressures = 23.07%

Davenport = 9/42 = 21.4%

Will be interesting to see. I saw some Edge guys starting to go and figured it made sense to go in that direction.

Davenport has a similar sack/pressure percentage as Myles Garrett:

Garrett = 18 sacks/78 pressures = 23.07%

Davenport = 9/42 = 21.4%

Will be interesting to see. I saw some Edge guys starting to go and figured it made sense to go in that direction.

He's also only 25. I like the pick and fit.