2022 NFL Scouting Combine - March 1st thru 7th

MikeT14

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s be awesome if we go QB in round 1 & Dean is there for us in round 2 or we could trade up for him.

Like when the Chargers got Herbert and traded back up for Murray. Deans a beast. I just want what’s best for this team I can’t imagine a team Dean doesn’t improve not just his spot but guys around him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Like this guy big and fast. Moves the sticks and you probably can wait until the 4th rd. 

I can dig it. I think I’d rather take another position in the 4th like a FS, LB OL or WR but, I’m not against this.

If we drafted him to spell Gibby some, I would hope we’d keep 4 RBs then:

Gibby

McKissic

Zamir White

Patterson

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can dig it. I think I’d rather take another position in the 4th like a FS, LB OL or WR but, I’m not against this.

If we drafted him to spell Gibby some, I would hope we’d keep 4 RBs then:

Gibby

McKissic

Zamir White

Patterson

I think he can get those hard yards and also can break it. Good line up. 

• Like 1

Official time was 4.78 seconds. At 341 pounds. 

That is absurd. 

I referenced Speed Score earlier with Fields, they usually use it to gauge RBs. It’s basically weight-adjusted speed. 

If they applied it to this DT, Jordan Davis’s Speed Score would be 130.6. No RB in history has broken 128. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Official time was 4.78 seconds. At 341 pounds. 

That is absurd. 

I referenced Speed Score earlier with Fields, they usually use it to gauge RBs. It’s basically weight-adjusted speed. 

If they applied it to this DT, Jordan Davis’s Speed Score would be 130.6. No RB in history has broken 128. 

Did you see him on the field doing drills? That was even more impressive 😳😳

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

All these Hokie fans and no one wanted to clue us in that you had a dude who makes Montez Sweat look slow for a 265 pound DE?

I got a game in a few but I know who your talking about. He was destroying UNC’s game all night week one!!!

• Like 1

kayvon thibodeaux not doing the drills. Jeremiah and Schrager saying it doesn’t look good especially telling everyone you’re doing them which they were equating to his effort on the field. Willie McGuinest who knows him trying to protect him a little. 
Definitely not a good look! Probably won’t hurt him but he sounds lazy to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

kayvon thibodeaux not doing the drills. Jeremiah and Schrager saying it doesn’t look good especially telling everyone you’re doing them which they were equating to his effort on the field. Willie McGuinest who knows him trying to protect him a little. 
Definitely not a good look! Probably won’t hurt him but he sounds lazy to me. 

This is a tricky conundrum. Because Hutchinson did a lot of them, and that’s great — but he was pretty pedestrian across the board. 

Thibodeaux did the bench right out of the gate, and they’re all talking this year about how doing the bench throws you off for the rest of the day. Wondering if maybe it affected him and his team decided it was better to wait until the pro day rather than do them now and struggle?

Regardless, it’s looking more and more like a pretty terrible year to have a top 4-5 pick. You’ve got these two DEs and a couple of OTs who have spent a lot of their careers playing non-LT positions. And no QBs to take or open up a trade-down scenario. Would be pretty annoying, looking back at last year and then looking forward to next year with Young, Stroud, Anderson, etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is a tricky conundrum. Because Hutchinson did a lot of them, and that’s great — but he was pretty pedestrian across the board. 

Thibodeaux did the bench right out of the gate, and they’re all talking this year about how doing the bench throws you off for the rest of the day. Wondering if maybe it affected him and his team decided it was better to wait until the pro day rather than do them now and struggle?

Regardless, it’s looking more and more like a pretty terrible year to have a top 4-5 pick. You’ve got these two DEs and a couple of OTs who have spent a lot of their careers playing non-LT positions. And no QBs to take or open up a trade-down scenario. Would be pretty annoying, looking back at last year and then looking forward to next year with Young, Stroud, Anderson, etc. 

Like we spoke a few posts ago, Stingley early on was in that 4-5 slot as well. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Bullock has more sense than that. It was one thing to treat it like a joke, but the second tweet makes it look like he’s considering it more seriously. 

The reason they don’t want to pay Payne is the same reason they can’t draft Jordan Davis at 11. The league is just moving away from that type of player, the interior run-stuffer who doesn’t consistently rush the passer. Especially in 4-3 alignments. It’s just not great asset allocation to dump a ton into that position, and we’ve already paid Jonathan Allen. 

In my opinion, they should be trading Payne, re-signing Settle, and potentially going back to the well on Day 3. Especially if they want a run-stuffer. 

• Like 1

As I write that, Jordan Davis now puts up the longest broad jump in combine history for anyone over 300 pounds (let alone over 340 pounds) and also the 2nd-best vertical among all the DTs. 

Maybe this is the dude someone will trade up for. I’ve had him penciled in to LAC at 17 since the draft order got set in stone, but damn…if Payne and Vea went top 13 in that draft, this dude really should be in that range in this lesser quality draft.

• Like 2