Post your NFL Draft BB

BillsGuy82

I've been studying draft prospects the last few weeks. I think we could do many ways early in the draft with CB, OL, IDL, LB, WR and TE all in play

My top 10 realistic targets

1) DT - Jordan Davis - Georgia

2) CB - Ahmed Gardner - Cincinnati 

3) CB - Trent McDuffie - Washington

4) CB - Andrew Booth Jr - Clemson

5) OL - Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

6) WR - Jameson Williams - Bama

7) WR - Treylon Burks - Arkansas

😎 DT - Devonte Wyatt - Georgia 

9) C/G - Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa

10) CB - Kaiir Elam - Florida 

Edited by BillsGuy82

My top 5 are from your list: 1. Jordan Davis, 5. Kenyan Green, 9. Linderbaum, 6. Jameson Williams (only because he is a top 10 talent and would be a long term difference maker) 8. Devonte Wyatt. Ideally if we can land one of the top 2 at 25 then I would go opposite in round 2, then bring in speed in round 3 either at cb or wr

Pass Rusher is likely our greatest need as of right now but I just dont know if we throw a 1st round at a guy who may need time. If they go DE I am hoping with a veteran via FA or Trade

1. Defensive Tackle, our run stopping defense has been the achilles heal for a couple of years now and getting a big plug in there would solidify the need
2. IOL we desperately need to get the run game going with our RBs and this draft doesn't offer an immediate upgrade to RB. Best thing to help singletary by upgrading Guard spot.
3. CB outside of an injured Tre White we do not have one on the roster who can play the 1 spot until Tre is healthy and when healthy we have no one opposite to him. Depth at the position is Dane and thats it. We need at least 2 CB in the off season
4. LB with Edmunds on his last year of his deal, and Klein likely a cap casualty this year, along with Milano injury history. We will need one to add depth behind these two
5. WR. whether we retain Mckenzie and cut beasley or we retain beasley and let Mckenzie walk outside of our core 3 (diggs, davis, beasley/mckenzie) our depth is weak. Stevenson had minimal snaps on offense and hodgins cant make it on the active roster. Kumerow is a free agent so the position is weak. I think Saunders will likely stay on as a 4th instead of retiring or moving on to a new team but again it leaves little depth to the position.

All in all I am hoping Beane does his job like he usually does and takes a shot at our biggest needs in FA before the draft so it could be more of a BPA situation come draft night.

Edited by soflbillsfan

9 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

My top 5 are from your list: 1. Jordan Davis, 5. Kenyan Green, 9. Linderbaum, 6. Jameson Williams (only because he is a top 10 talent and would be a long term difference maker) 8. Devonte Wyatt. Ideally if we can land one of the top 2 at 25 then I would go opposite in round 2, then bring in speed in round 3 either at cb or wr

Pass Rusher is likely our greatest need as of right now but I just dont know if we throw a 1st round at a guy who may need time. If they go DE I am hoping with a veteran via FA or Trade

1. Defensive Tackle, our run stopping defense has been the achilles heal for a couple of years now and getting a big plug in there would solidify the need
2. IOL we desperately need to get the run game going with our RBs and this draft doesn't offer an immediate upgrade to RB. Best thing to help singletary by upgrading Guard spot.
3. CB outside of an injured Tre White we do not have one on the roster who can play the 1 spot until Tre is healthy and when healthy we have no one opposite to him. Depth at the position is Dane and thats it. We need at least 2 CB in the off season
4. LB with Edmunds on his last year of his deal, and Klein likely a cap casualty this year, along with Milano injury history. We will need one to add depth behind these two
5. WR. whether we retain Mckenzie and cut beasley or we retain beasley and let Mckenzie walk outside of our core 3 (diggs, davis, beasley/mckenzie) our depth is weak. Stevenson had minimal snaps on offense and hodgins cant make it on the active roster. Kumerow is a free agent so the position is weak. I think Saunders will likely stay on as a 4th instead of retiring or moving on to a new team but again it leaves little depth to the position.

All in all I am hoping Beane does his job like he usually does and takes a shot at our biggest needs in FA before the draft so it could be more of a BPA situation come draft night.

Kenyon Green solves alot of problems at 25. This kid can play G or T from day 1 and allows us to move on from Feliciano and Williams for cap relief.

At pick 25, Green might jump to 2nd on BB. I believe we could still get a quality CB in round 2 like Kyler Gordon or Kaiir Elam.

As for DE, Gregory Rousseau was easily the best rookie DL. The pressure and plays in the backfield are definitely gonna start translating to more sacks as he matures and gains experience. I think we'll add a guy for depth but the starting jobs are Rousseau and Basham next year.

15 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Kenyon Green solves alot of problems at 25. This kid can play G or T from day 1 and allows us to move on from Feliciano and Williams for cap relief.

At pick 25, Green might jump to 2nd on BB. I believe we could still get a quality CB in round 2 like Kyler Gordon or Kaiir Elam.

As for DE, Gregory Rousseau was easily the best rookie DL. The pressure and plays in the backfield are definitely gonna start translating to more sacks as he matures and gains experience. I think we'll add a guy for depth but the starting jobs are Rousseau and Basham next year.

Kenyon Green could solve those issues for sure at LG with Williams opposite to him. I dont expect him to be at OT as Brown and Dawkins have solidified those spots we need a true mauler at LG and I think he could do it but he is the most rounded guard in the draft and I think he wont make it to 25 I expect him gone in the mid teens. He will still be my 2nd choice just behind davis but would be ecstatic if we get either one. As I mentioned in other thread and above pass rusher is still our greatest need but getting one in the draft isnt going to answer the issue, they need a savy vet who has been a constant danger to opposing offenses. Chandler Jones can easily come in opposite to Rousseau and rack up sacks with Basham and epenesa coming in off bench for rotation. The other DE I would go with is either re-sign Obada or bring shaq lawson back to be the 5th DE since we usually roll with 5-6 on the roster.

I would be surprised if Gordon or Elam fall to the 2nd round but if there absolutely take one. We need CB depth as we will only have Taron, and injured white, and Dane who I still think needs more work and is likely a back up role player then a starter.

16 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

No way we can justify Darryl Williams contract. Ryan Bates opposite Green or Zion Johnson

Draft and add cheap depth in FA 

If he sticks around I expect Beane to restructure. He is always looking to maintain guys who are willing to rework deals before kicking him to the curb. With his ability to hold up at RG and when he had a capable RG while playing RT he was actually not a bad player. He had a solid 2020 at Rt when feliciano was RG but because Ford is so bad they couldnt get anything going on the right side this year and brown stepped in to be the guy at RT while Williams held up at RG. I am not saying to ignore the situation if an upgrade comes along bring him in, but I do not want to settle for Bates being a starter either. Ideally Bates and Williams (restructured) can be back ups for 2022 season and feliciano is let go. 

On 2/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

I've been studying draft prospects the last few weeks. I think we could do many ways early in the draft with CB, OL, IDL, LB, WR and TE all in play

Nice list of players but Buffalo would have to trade up from 25 to get a lot of those players.

Ahmad Gardner.  

Kenyon Green. 

Andrew Booth Jr.

Trent McDuffie.  

Tyler Linderbaum.  

Treylon Burks. 

Jameson Williams (ACL or not).

Jordan Davis. 

Kaiir Elam.

All of these players are being mocked top 20 (some top 10) and none of them are being mocked past #24...

I could maybe see Wyatt and Elam as the only two available at pick #25 (if lucky). 

On 2/17/2022 at 1:41 AM, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Nice list of players but Buffalo would have to trade up from 25 to get a lot of those players.

Ahmad Gardner.  

Kenyon Green. 

Andrew Booth Jr.

Trent McDuffie.  

Tyler Linderbaum.  

Treylon Burks. 

Jameson Williams (ACL or not).

Jordan Davis. 

Kaiir Elam.

All of these players are being mocked top 20 (some top 10) and none of them are being mocked past #24...

I could maybe see Wyatt and Elam as the only two available at pick #25 (if lucky). 

Some guys will rise after the combine. 

Gardner and Stingley Jr I expect off the board at CB but McDuffie, Booth Jr realistic targets, 

Zion Johnson could shoot up boards and Green could slip. It's a pre draft BB lol, it could look very different in 3 weeks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 

CB - Ahmad Gardner

OL - Kenyon Green

CB - Derrick Stingley Jr

DT - Jordan Davis

WR - Jameson Williams 

WR - Treylon Burks

DT - Devonte Wyatt

CB - Trent McDuffie 

CB - Andrew Booth Jr 

C/G - Tyler Linderbaum 

Edited by BillsGuy82

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Going to move WR up to number 1 for me. Then DE, OL, CB, DT, TE

I'm developing a draft crush on Treylon Burks. Hes drawing Deebo Samuel comps and would fit our offense like a glove 

Doubt he makes it out of the top 20 

Skyy Moore is another 3/4th  round guy I like at WR 

Edited by BillsGuy82

My WR Big Board

1 - Treylon Burks, Arkansas

2 - Garrett Wilson, Ohio State

2 - Jameson Williams, Bama

4 - Drake London, USC

5 - Chris Olave, Ohio State

6 - Jahan Dotson, Penn State

7 - George Pickens, Georgia

8 - Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

9 - Justyn Ross, Clemson 

10 - David Bell, Purdue

Sauce Gardner is easily my #1, although I think he's worked his way out of "realistic" most likely

I also love both Georgia IDLs.. They are big combine darlings, but Wyatt especially produced on the field as well

Also not familiar enough with the IOLs, but I could be convinced to go there too

Given the way WRs look, I'd probably grab one in the 2nd or 3rd instead of the 1st, but if we absolutely fall in love with one in the 1st, I'm all for it