Amazon’s LOTR Rings of Power

Xenos

21 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not a fan of the choice for young Elrond. Will just have to go into this show with an open mind, and not compare to the original trilogy

Young Elrond is the least of my worries actually. The Meteor Man and Harfoots (pre Hobbits) are my main concerns. I’m trying to keep an open mind also given that the original trilogy had its own flaws, and this takes place in an entirely different era where it’s supposed to be their version of a golden age. So far cautiously optimistic. 

47 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not a fan of the choice for young Elrond. Will just have to go into this show with an open mind, and not compare to the original trilogy

I get them wanting to cast more unknowns, but yeah a couple of those didn’t quite land look wise.

Was Elrond who Will Poulter was going to play, before he left for GotG3? Look wise it’d fit.

Light years better than the WOT. But I’m still skeptical.
That first trailer was just about garbage. 

I don’t know what the meteor man is about. Got a hunch though.

Spoiler

The grey Istari 

Don’t want to ruin that for myself but probably already did. 

Looks very Galadriel centered, which might work, but idk if that’s from Tolkien. But might be over the top like in the hobbit I fear.  

And there’s so much room for them to add fluff to this because of the vagueness of the source material.

If they hit the bad guys better than the wheel of time did, and don’t make their protagonists dumb emotional sissies, then I’ll at least enjoy it a bit. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

1 hour ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Light years better than the WOT. But I’m still skeptical.
That first trailer was just about garbage. 

I don’t know what the meteor man is about. Got a hunch though.

Hide contents

The grey Istari 

Don’t want to ruin that for myself but probably already did. 

Looks very Galadriel centered, which might work, but idk if that’s from Tolkien. But might be over the top like in the hobbit I fear.  

And there’s so much room for them to add fluff to this because of the vagueness of the source material.

If they hit the bad guys better than the wheel of time did, and don’t make their protagonists dumb emotional sissies, then I’ll at least enjoy it a bit. 

Current theory for Meteor Man:

Spoiler

It’s Sauron because you see almost a flaming eye from the crash. If it is, then I wonder if they’ll subvert expectations by having him kill almost all the Harfoots by season’s end.

And I liked the first teaser. But it was evident that they were still working on the visuals.

I prefer that they concentrate on someone like Galadriel than the Harfoots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I get them wanting to cast more unknowns, but yeah a couple of those didn’t quite land look wise.

Was Elrond who Will Poulter was going to play, before he left for GotG3? Look wise it’d fit.

I actually can’t imagine Poulter as Elrond. Maybe because he was already in Narnia and I’ll forever imagine him as annoying Eustace.

20 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Current theory for Meteor Man:

Reveal hidden contents

It’s Sauron because you see almost a flaming eye from the crash. If it is, then I wonder if they’ll subvert expectations by having him kill almost all the Harfoots by season’s end.

And I liked the first teaser. But it was evident that they were still working on the visuals.

I prefer that they concentrate on someone like Galadriel than the Harfoots.

Nice. 

Yes. Me too. As long as they don’t make Elrond dumb or sissified. Isn’t he related to elves that took down Morgoth and Balrogs per cannon?

10 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Nice. 

Yes. Me too. As long as they don’t make Elrond dumb or sissified. Isn’t he related to elves that took down Morgoth and Balrogs per cannon?

I think so. Though my lore isn’t as good as others. He is half human.

Edited by Xenos

5 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Moria looks absolutely sick in this trailer along with a city that they showed along a water front (not numenor) It has circular walls

the cities theyre creating are visually stunning

The lighting still feels inconsistent.  Though less so. There are some cinematic shots that belong in a movie, and some that show it’s TV background.

Edited by Xenos

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He was young Ned Stark in GOT, and I thought that was bad casting also.

37 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The lighting still feels inconsistent.  Though less so. There are some cinematic shots that belong in a movie, and some that show it’s TV background.

I watched a video about the trailer after I watched it for myself and he mentioned the same thing during it as well I dont think I have a good enough eye per se to notice things like that

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1