Amazon’s LOTR Rings of Power

Xenos

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I watched a video about the trailer after I watched it for myself and he mentioned the same thing during it as well I dont think I have a good enough eye per se to notice things like that

In general I don’t either. I think I notice things more if other parts start to fall apart especially the editing. To give you an idea, I actually liked WOT for the most part until the last episode. The cold opening in the penultimate episode was probably the best thing from a technical aspect. How much of the issue overall was because of the pandemic, I don’t know. But I hope ROP can avoid the same technical flaws, as well as some of the more nontechnical ones. I want the show to breathe and develop its main characters.

31 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

He was young Ned Stark in GOT, and I thought that was bad casting also.

Was it the look of the actor compared to Sean Bean or was he just horrible as Ned? I guess I don’t care as much about the former relatively.

On a completely side note, the marketing for this show has been awful. Some of the things, especially the “Super Fan” video, was utter nonsense. I’m glad they realized how stupid that was and invited actual fans and scholars to the London event.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

this and GOT(+ house of dragon) might be the best visually epic shows ever. HBO and Amazon are not slacking on that department

How much is GOT’s budget? You expect ROP to look great because it has half  a billion invested into it.

Edited by Xenos

25 minutes ago, Xenos said:

How much is GOT’s budget? You expect ROP to look great because it has half  a billion invested into it.

6mil a episode to start. up 15 mil per episode by the end of its run. Here is a breakdown on it here  https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/house-of-the-dragon-budget-episode-cost-1235238285/ . Another upcoming show that should look visually amazing is HBO's The Last of us. its getting the similar amount of resources as these two shows

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

On a completely side note, the marketing for this show has been awful. Some of the things, especially the “Super Fan” video, was utter nonsense. I’m glad they realized how stupid that was and invited actual fans and scholars to the London event.

Is that the commercial with the little kid in it finding a LOTR book?

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Is that the commercial with the little kid in it finding a LOTR book?

No, that was fine and kind of cute. I’m talking about the below:

Edited by Xenos

15 hours ago, August4th said:

6mil a episode to start. up 15 mil per episode by the end of its run. Here is a breakdown on it here  https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/house-of-the-dragon-budget-episode-cost-1235238285/ . Another upcoming show that should look visually amazing is HBO's The Last of us. its getting the similar amount of resources as these two shows

As it should.   You get 15+ hours of video game material (if not more) to work with for IMO the best videogame story ever told..... it should kick *** (fingers crossed).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1