Hearthstone

skywindO2

17 minutes ago, iLovetheLions said:

whats the point of greatly diminishing returns on pack opening of a new set. ive been a f2p player thus far but I'm considering the preorder for the first time. figure ill have about 7k gold at launch so that 70 packs, figure they will give away/gift us 5ish packs (hopefully around 10), then the preorder is 70 more

so
70 from gold
5 from gift
70 preorder

for 145 total possible packs. is that too many?, I don't really care about being a collector just want to get or be able to craft the good cards. I don't play enough to be concerned with memeing too hard. I'm wondering about maybe 120 packs and just banking the remaining gold, maybe try arena with 1500 or so. probably too early to tell since we haven't seen all the cards/ how many good epics/legendaries there are. What have been your experiences in the past? @showtime

Good questions.  145 packs is a really good amount.  You should aim for that, if possible.  With the three sets rotating out along with the hall-of-fame cards, you should be able to get a decent amount of dust (unless you play wild and you're going to keep those cards).  

I wasn't playing during that year so I really don't have many of the rotating cards, which is totally fine, I sorta came in halfway through KFT, I don't have the full classic set either so I'll be using my current dust to maximize the "free" dust from the hall of fame cards. I have no plans to play wild so I should be able to dust all the rotating cards I do have, if I'm still playing in like 2 years it probably won't be a big deal to recraft anything I may have dusted now. But you think I should go for max packs still?

6 hours ago, iLovetheLions said:

I wasn't playing during that year so I really don't have many of the rotating cards, which is totally fine, I sorta came in halfway through KFT, I don't have the full classic set either so I'll be using my current dust to maximize the "free" dust from the hall of fame cards. I have no plans to play wild so I should be able to dust all the rotating cards I do have, if I'm still playing in like 2 years it probably won't be a big deal to recraft anything I may have dusted now. But you think I should go for max packs still?

Yes, definitely.  Go for the max packs.  With 140 or so packs, you should be able to get most of the important rare and epic cards (hopefully) and then hopefully you can get some of the key legendaries as well.

• 2 weeks later...

New Mage legendary

Toki-IGN.jpg

This card is pretty nuts because it will add a minion to your hand that is exclusive to wild.  This includes Hall of Fame cards, and Legendaries from expansions that have rotated. You can get Ragnaros or Sylvannas from Hall of Fame, to Emperor Thaurissan, Dr. Boom, etc.

On 3/21/2018 at 1:41 AM, showtime said:

Yes, definitely.  Go for the max packs.  With 140 or so packs, you should be able to get most of the important rare and epic cards (hopefully) and then hopefully you can get some of the key legendaries as well.

sitting on 7k gold right now, i dont own karazhan though, should i buy it with gold? like even if i dust everything? seems like the dust to gold ratio is better than the 110th-140th ish packs of witchwood?

Edited by iLovetheLions

2 hours ago, iLovetheLions said:

sitting on 7k gold right now, i dont own karazhan though, should i buy it with gold? like even if i dust everything? seems like the dust to gold ratio is better than the 110th-140th ish packs of witchwood?

Each wing of the expansion cost 700 gold and there are four wings in total, I believe.  So that's 2,800 gold, if my math is correct.  According to the Hearthstone Wiki, One Night in Karazhan has 2,950 dust total.  I want to say that you would get more dust via the Witchwood packs.  The more packs you open of Witchwood, the most dust you will get because of duplicates.  I probably wouldn't use my gold on Karazhan unless you're going to play wild.  If you want to buy Karazhan with actual money, then go ahead.  Otherwise, I would probably use the gold on a bunch of packs from either Witchwood or the other three sets that are staying in standard + classic packs.

Wow, this is awesome.

Now you can share your decks with friends during a Friendly Challenge!

• This feature isn’t available for Tavern Brawl or Fireside Brawl.

Even if your friend does not have the cards, you can still share a deck with them in a friendly challenge.  That's so cool.

I'm very excited for tomorrow.  This set seems different than previous sets.  Their doesn't seem to be that many broken cards (at least not a ton that feel broken before the set releases) and there are some really awesome new effects that will inspire new decks which is always a lot of fun.

4 hours ago, iLovetheLions said:

how many packs did you open?

I wont be opening any until tonight since my friends and I have  a big pack opening/ drinking party.

I have 150 packs ready for tonight. I got prince Liam as my free legendary, hoping hes playable since I like the effect of the card

I can't remember.  Maybe somewhere around 170 or so.  I got absurdly lucky, though.  I had three separate packs that contained two legendary cards.  I've only had that happen like twice since I started playing the game years ago and it happened three times yesterday alone.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

I can't remember.  Maybe somewhere around 170 or so.  I got absurdly lucky, though.  I had three separate packs that contained two legendary cards.  I've only had that happen like twice since I started playing the game years ago and it happened three times yesterday alone.

damn that's insane luck to pack 18 (I'm assuming a free one) id be thrilled to pack 9. I've been playing this game pretty much daily for like 6 months now and this is the first time I feel like I'm actually going to be able to play the game. sitting on 8600 dust with 150 packs to open, so I'm hoping to be able to build multiple tier 1 decks rather than just play my budget midrange hunter all the time

16 minutes ago, iLovetheLions said:

damn that's insane luck to pack 18 (I'm assuming a free one) id be thrilled to pack 9. I've been playing this game pretty much daily for like 6 months now and this is the first time I feel like I'm actually going to be able to play the game. sitting on 8600 dust with 150 packs to open, so I'm hoping to be able to build multiple tier 1 decks rather than just play my budget midrange hunter all the time

I wish you the best of luck opening packs tonight with your friend.  Let us all know how it goes =)

well I got absurdly drunk and pulled 7 legendarys. both the warlock ones, hagatha (which is one of the ones I really wanted), lady in white, ashmore, 1 other neutral, and 1 more I cant remember. Crafted baku yesterday, will probably craft genn. Also caved and crafted Leeroy since he will always be a useable card, and I wanted to smorc face hunter to the fullest 

I've been trying really hard to make odd Warrior work.  I love the old classic control Warrior so much.  On the other hand, Baku Paladin is so annoying and frustrating to play against.  I started playing taunt druid and found that it's a really good way to slow the deck down if you can last to getting pretty much unlimited Hadronox.