Hearthstone

skywindO2

Starting the thread before BG joins and gets a chance. ;)

Just did a free arena run. Played as paladin, thought my deck was stacked but with 3 Spikeridged Steed. Ended up going 4-3, really 3-3 with the free win they give you. I should play more arena, that was more fun than constructed has been for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2017 at 2:14 PM, skywindO2 said:

I haven't played much after the release of KTF. I still need to beat the Lich King even. 

I have been playing a lot lately.  Once the nerf update came out on Monday, the game has been a lot more fun for me.  I am really close to getting golden Hunter.  

Awesome @minutemancl !!! 

I normally hit rank 5 every month for the rewards and then I start playing a ton of different decks.  I've hit legend a few times, but it is such a time grind that I don't care to do it every single month.  I started playing Zoo Warlock this past weekend and have not lost a game with it yet.  I've only played 10 games with it, so very small sample size, but the deck seems extremely powerful.  You also mentioned Keleseth Rogue, which is arguably the strongest deck in the meta right now along with a few other top contenders.  I have messed around with this list a lot over the past week and it is extremely strong.  

It's amazing how the Innervate, Fiery War Axe, and Murloc Warleader nerfs have spawned brand new decks that weren't really around a month ago.  

What other decks are you running or have been impressed with lately (outside of Razakus Priest, which everyone knows is very strong)?

I'm still a complete noob at this game, but I've been playing more recently. I got smashed by the Elemental mage deck with the special Jaina card (Fire and Ice? I think?) a few times, so I decided to craft it. I'm something like 9-1 when I actually get to play the card that switches your hero power. Don't always get there though xD this is all in casual games of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

I'm still a complete noob at this game, but I've been playing more recently. I got smashed by the Elemental mage deck with the special Jaina card (Fire and Ice? I think?) a few times, so I decided to craft it. I'm something like 9-1 when I actually get to play the card that switches your hero power. Don't always get there though xD this is all in casual games of course.

Mind sharing your deck list?  Maybe we can give some recommendations.  Also, in case you don't know, you can go into 'solo adventures' and do the prologue in IceCrown.  Finishing that will give you a free death knight card (The Jaina card you're talking about is the Mage death knight).

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Awesome @minutemancl !!! 

I normally hit rank 5 every month for the rewards and then I start playing a ton of different decks.  I've hit legend a few times, but it is such a time grind that I don't care to do it every single month.  I started playing Zoo Warlock this past weekend and have not lost a game with it yet.  I've only played 10 games with it, so very small sample size, but the deck seems extremely powerful.  You also mentioned Keleseth Rogue, which is arguably the strongest deck in the meta right now along with a few other top contenders.  I have messed around with this list a lot over the past week and it is extremely strong.  

It's amazing how the Innervate, Fiery War Axe, and Murloc Warleader nerfs have spawned brand new decks that weren't really around a month ago.  

What other decks are you running or have been impressed with lately (outside of Razakus Priest, which everyone knows is very strong)?

Thanks man. I'm the same way in that i normally am content to hit rank 5 then play more fun decks. Keleseth zoolock is so much better than keleseth rogue. I had a lot of games with both in September and while both were definitely successful, zoolock was ultimately better. The main advantage is being able to tap and not relying on pirate synergy, which was getting wrecked by every other deck teching in golakka crawlers at high ranks. I ended up going on a 6 game winstreak with zoolock to get to legend, winning in pretty convincing fashion. 

I actually do not have kazakus or raza so i havent played any razakus priest. I have 15000 dust so i could craft them no problem, but i dont really want to play that deck and those 2 cards both cycle out next cycle anyway. Hunter has always been my favorite class so ive been digging the midrange deathknight hunter decks and im trying to get a tempo enrage warrior working at the moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Thanks man. I'm the same way in that i normally am content to hit rank 5 then play more fun decks. Keleseth zoolock is so much better than keleseth rogue. I had a lot of games with both in September and while both were definitely successful, zoolock was ultimately better. The main advantage is being able to tap and not relying on pirate synergy, which was getting wrecked by every other deck teching in golakka crawlers at high ranks. I ended up going on a 6 game winstreak with zoolock to get to legend, winning in pretty convincing fashion. 

I actually do not have kazakus or raza so i havent played any razakus priest. I have 15000 dust so i could craft them no problem, but i dont really want to play that deck and those 2 cards both cycle out next cycle anyway. Hunter has always been my favorite class so ive been digging the midrange deathknight hunter decks and im trying to get a tempo enrage warrior working at the moment. 

From what I have seen, Keleseth Zoolock seems fantastic.  I love Warlock's hero power so much.  One of the issues with Keleseth Rogue is it lacks card draw, so if you run dry on threats or your opponent can deal with your early board it can be a rough time.  My favorite Rogue deck has been Miracle for such a long time, so I have been continuing to play that.

Hunter is a lot of fun.  I've been running the deck that YayTears brought to the HTC America's Tournament a few weeks ago.  Bearshark is such a great card because it is so difficult for certain classes to deal with.  It can snowball a game vs Priest or Mage pretty easily.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Mind sharing your deck list?  Maybe we can give some recommendations.  Also, in case you don't know, you can go into 'solo adventures' and do the prologue in IceCrown.  Finishing that will give you a free death knight card (The Jaina card you're talking about is the Mage death knight).

I'll post the full deck when I get a chance. I just built the exact deck in the in-game deck builder. Called "Fire and Ice", uses elementals and some freezing related cards. Frost Lich Jaina and Sindragosa are the two big-ticket cards.

Okay, so full deck:

Fire Fly x2
Glacial Shard x2
Frostbolt x2
Ice Walker x2
Primordial Glyph x2
Pyros
Shatter x2
Shimmering Tempest
Arcane Intellect x2
Coldwraith x2
Steam Surger x2
Water Elemental x2
Servant of Kalimos x2
Blizzard x2
Blazecaller x2
Sindragosa
Frost Lich Jaina

Definitely a "late-game" deck, but frostbolt and the glacial shard/shatter combo can get you out of some tough early spots.

Probably not the greatest deck against good players, as they won't give you as many "free" water elementals via the upgraded hero power, but its been fun to play.

2 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Okay, so full deck:

Fire Fly x2
Glacial Shard x2
Frostbolt x2
Ice Walker x2
Primordial Glyph x2
Pyros
Shatter x2
Shimmering Tempest
Arcane Intellect x2
Coldwraith x2
Steam Surger x2
Water Elemental x2
Servant of Kalimos x2
Blizzard x2
Blazecaller x2
Sindragosa
Frost Lich Jaina

Definitely a "late-game" deck, but frostbolt and the glacial shard/shatter combo can get you out of some tough early spots.

Probably not the greatest deck against good players, as they won't give you as many "free" water elementals via the upgraded hero power, but its been fun to play.

I didn't expect you to have so many quality cards.  That deck seems pretty good.