Hearthstone

skywindO2

8 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

Didn't follow the tourney, what deck was he using? 

Speaking of tourney, I enjoyed the Brawl this last week. Playing those decks pre nerf. Forgot how fun Patron was, 

I don't think these decks are super optimized.  They had to submit them 8 days after the expansion.  Probably some minor changes depending what rank you're playing at on ladder.

D4YiNRBXoAAwY53?format=jpg

10 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

Damn, closest I have is Warrior at only 180+ wins maybe 190 now. 

Right now, I have five with over 340.  Mage, Druid, Priest, Warlock and Hunter.  Need to hit 500 on all those.  Going to take a while lol

8 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

wow thats a lot wins. 

Btw out of the three tempo rouge, how would you rate them. Chef, Togwaggle and the deck without either? 

Here's a good site to get decks from.  They update it pretty frequently and list decks in tournaments and popular decks on ladder.

This is a good Rogue deck:  https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/tempo-rogue-rise-of-shadows-12-legend-j_alexander/

^That Rogue deck is more aggressive and can do a crap ton of burst damage with the Waggle Pick/Leeroy combo.

That list doesn't have the Togwaggle or Chef, but I've seen some list put those cards in and be successful, such as:  https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/tempo-rogue-rise-of-shadows-8-legend-neruth/

I think either version is good.

I mostly play the Rogue deck that I listed first.  But I really want to mess around with Togwaggle and Chef.  I haven't done that yet.

Rogue is the only character I have golden at the moment.  My favorite by far.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, James said:

Prep/raiding party being 2 mana now is huge.

Surprised they hit Elysiana instead of doing something with the Dr Boom hero card.

Elysiana is one of the problem cards because it makes games go on forever if you use her and then Banker/Brewmaster on 10 mana to replay Elysiana again. 

The problem with this nerf, though is that it benefits the player going second in Control Warrior mirror matchups because that player can save the coin and still do that same combo.  Whereas, the player who goes first will have a very difficult time bouncing Elysiana, if they can even bounce her at all.

But yes, Dr. Boom will be hit eventually, I believe.

As far as Rogue goes, they nerf their cards quite often, especially over the last 2-3 years or so.  Rogue is one of those classes that always is able to hang around because it has such insanely powerful cards in their classic set.  I still think Prep is a good card, but it's tough to judge without playing.  That's a pretty big change.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

As far as Rogue goes, they nerf their cards quite often, especially over the last 2-3 years or so.  Rogue is one of those classes that always is able to hang around because it has such insanely powerful cards in their classic set.  I still think Prep is a good card, but it's tough to judge without playing.  That's a pretty big change.

Yeah, I'd guess prep will still be good, I wonder if the waggle pick rogues go for a different weapon draw instead of raiding party.

I actually haven't played against an Elysiana. Haven't played a ton since the new expansion, so I'm still down in the depths where everyone's playing hunter.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Yeah, I'd guess prep will still be good, I wonder if the waggle pick rogues go for a different weapon draw instead of raiding party.

I actually haven't played against an Elysiana. Haven't played a ton since the new expansion, so I'm still down in the depths where everyone's playing hunter.

Hunter is being played at top ranks as well.  And it's only going to get better with these nerfs.

What other weapon draw is there other than Raiding Party?  The thing about Raiding is that it drew a weapon AND two pirates.  That's what made the card insane.

My guess is they don't want Rogue to be the best aggressive class in the game (which is currently is) and that's why these nerfs are happening.  If you think about it, Raiding Party just got nerfed twice in the same patch.  I think that was a bit overkill.  They should have just nerfed Prep and left Raiding alone for now, but I think they want to kill this insanely aggressive Pirate Rogue aggression.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Hunter is being played at top ranks as well.  And it's only going to get better with these nerfs.

What other weapon draw is there other than Raiding Party?  The thing about Raiding is that it drew a weapon AND two pirates.  That's what made the card insane.

My guess is they don't want Rogue to be the best aggressive class in the game (which is currently is) and that's why these nerfs are happening.  If you think about it, Raiding Party just got nerfed twice in the same patch.  I think that was a bit overkill.  They should have just nerfed Prep and left Raiding alone for now, but I think they want to kill this insanely aggressive Pirate Rogue aggression.

I was thinking of the minion that Kingsbane always played, didn't realize it rotated. So yeah, maybe they'll just have to play the nerfed raiding party anyway.

And I assumed Secret and Mech Hunter were played at higher ranks, but I've had days where I play 5 games and they're all Hunter, lol