Who's our starting QB in 2022?

bucsfan333

Just now, indifference said:

I remember that I thought u were referring this years NY reports. Until I see some from this year i wont link him to jets yet…

What has really changed? From his original report of Miami and NY? I thought Philly had his interest too during the middle of the season. 

If the Texans really wanted to keep him - why didn;t they just hire Flores? 

Just now, indifference said:

Say man I despise Jameis now. But he was having a good year with the Saints until he got hurt. He’ll get another shot

He had some good and bad games. He looked atrocious right after the opener. You know well just as I you can't make any judgement on a handful of solid performances bc he could very well have thrown 5 picks the next week after. He looked awful in a few games too against NE and Carolina. 

1 minute ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

What has really changed? From his original report of Miami and NY? I thought Philly had his interest too during the middle of the season. 

4 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Watson and Giants had some traction instead of the Jets due to the Flores connection but thats dead now. Texans are really ran well man these guys just traded Hopkins for David Johnson and a mid round pick. They are easily one of the worst ran orgs in the NFL

3 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

He had some good and bad games. He looked atrocious right after the opener. You know well just as I you can't make any judgement on a handful of solid performances bc he could very well have thrown 5 picks the next week after. He looked awful in a few games too against NE and Carolina. 

Both guys are super talented. But thats not why they failed. Maybe Jameis can be an average QB in a west coast offense? Payton did neuter him in the types of throws he was making. Its when you open up the offense you have to worry. Can you open up the offense going forward with Winston? 

Mariota got some brief playing time when Carr went down and dropped a ton of dimes. Can his career be rehabilitated? I can see Seattle signing him with their run heavy offense. 

Saints/Seahawks/Panthers/Colts/Steelers will be in the market for a QB. Jordan Love SHOULD be available for Trade - not sure what the packers asking price would be but you don't resign Rodgers to a 4 year deal and keep a first round QB with 2 years + Option on his deal. But it worries me they didn't feel comfortable with his development either. 

Jameis and Mariota should command attention from one of those 5 teams on a 1-2 year deal. 

6 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

thats true. I watched those games thinking thats the Jameis I know. Reality is though he will probably get another shot based on what the glimpses we seen.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

thats true. I watched those games thinking thats the Jameis I know. Reality is though he will probably get another shot based on what the glimpses we seen.

As i posted below - I think both get another shot. Including Mitch Tribusky - although i think he signs with the Giants with his apparent relationship with dabbol. 

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So Brady was at the ManU game today.  I doubt he flew commercial to Manchester.  Pretty confident the media narrative of a rift i #Fake News.

Give it up. As much as I'd want Brady back - it's not happening. He retired and built a home in miami. Not sure how that would go over in his family life considering that was a main decision that factored into his retirement. 

13 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Give it up. As much as I'd want Brady back - it's not happening. He retired and built a home in miami. Not sure how that would go over in his family life considering that was a main decision that factored into his retirement. 

Can you read?  I mentioned nothing about coming out of retirement.  I was pointing out the false narrative of hard feelings on Brady's part to the organization    

I think right now - Bucs are not players in the Watson sweep stakes. they;re desperately trying to clear cap room just to keep Cappa or Jensen; Davis; Gholston and fill some DL holes. Theres absolutely no room for a $40 million QB.  

I honestly think its going to be Blaine Gabbert. I know a lot of fans don't want to hear that. And I get fans don't want to hear baker mayfield (who's clearly an upgrade over both Trask and Gabbert - lets be freaking real here). But the only reason Mayfield would be available is if Browns upgrade somehow - which the odds are low. So i'd count him out too. 

I wouldn't think Jordan Love is in contention unless Arians feels theres upside and an upgrade over Blaine. But Love might be more of a fit in a WCO. 

I would anticipate Blaine Gabbert. The fact Kyle trask couldn't even beat out Ryan Griffen for reps in season (who was on the PS) is very concerning for his NFL future. I wasn't the biggest Trask fan coming out. I thought that despite a strong super bowl run - CB or DL should've been addressed in the first 3 rounds bc of the age and upcoming contracts of guys like Suh and gholston - then having to choose between Bunting - Dean and Davis. Safety - whitehead would be a sad loss - but SS is replaceable on the market and in the draft. 

When Paulson Adeebo was still available in round 2 - i was hoping he'd be the pick wihtout having to play right away. Sadly it was Trask - who wasn't even ready for a backup roll. Mills - the kid from Stanford was immediately more polished to play - which makes me wonder what Arians and Licht were thinking. 

I;ve been a fan of Licht over the last few years. His strength is finding Receivers, OL, DL and LB's in the draft. He's been 40/60 on corner evaluations. Found some success at Safety. RB - for some reason he's one GM that can't find a back in the latter rounds or UDFA. lol and he's missed on QB evaluations thinking a Turnover prone QB would instantly correct those flaws.