Who's our starting QB in 2022?

bucsfan333

37 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Nope. Situations where they both choked. You're saying wentz is worse than Gabbert? Bc wentz is pretty solid and the comparison is you can't cut QBs based off one game. Overall - wentz had a great 2021 season. If the colts are looking to upgrade - they won't. 

Yeah one guy is an all time great and another guy had one great season 4 years ago. 

Thats the difference and the reason KC isn’t trying to get rid of him and the colts want out. 

If Kyle trask can’t beat out Blaine Gabbert who I’m sure is a nice human being that pick is a huge disaster, because it means he stinks.

People criticized it at the time for drafting a project QB on a win now team with a 43 year old Starting QB. He might not even be the best QB of that round. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah one guy is an all time great and another guy had one great season 4 years ago. 

Thats the difference and the reason KC isn’t trying to get rid of him and the colts want out. 

Again - no one compared skill sets. Wentz isn't Mahomes. Wentz isn't garbage either. 

30 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If Kyle trask can’t beat out Blaine Gabbert who I’m sure is a nice human being that pick is a huge disaster, because it means he stinks.

People criticized it at the time for drafting a project QB on a win now team with a 43 year old Starting QB. He might not even be the best QB of that round. 

I don't think Trask can beat out Blaine. According to Pewter Report - he never really beat out Ryan Griffin last year - despite being kept on the roster due to draft status and upside long term. 4th string to starter is a big leap. 

I'm willing to roll with Trask - but thats bc I like Bryce Young a lot lol which means you're potentially tanking for a top 3 pick. 

16 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Again - no one compared skill sets. Wentz isn't Mahomes. Wentz isn't garbage either. 

The problem I have with Wentz is his cap number

No way do I want to trade assets AND pay him that much 

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

On 3/1/2022 at 11:07 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Outside of that, I say look to target a guy like Drew Lock on the trade scrap heap. A guy who needs a change of scenery, has big arm talent and could maybe turn his course around with BA and Lefty's tutelage. He wouldn't cost much both financially and to acquire. It would be a long-shot, but I'd rather give him a 2nd chance than a 3rd-4th chances like the other options.   

Well, we can cross this idea off the list. He's part of the package going back to Seattle in the Russ Wilson trade. 

Jordan Love anyone? Lol.