Who's our starting QB in 2022?

bucsfan333

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Daniel Jeremiah said today that he's hearing around league circles that if Deshaun Watson is cleared, Seattle is going to do everything in their power to have him under center for them.

Kyle Trask opportunity is knocking.

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That was the biggest part of Watson's issues to clear up, as no criminal charges to be brought. He'll settle the civil cases.

Fully expect him to be dealt now before the draft.

Same here.  I think Carolina probably can offer the best package, but is unstable with HC/GM and including young players from not a good roster will weaken it further. SEA has a high pick, but arguably an even worse roster then Carolina.  Bucs have the better roster, but low picks.  I do believe Watson will exercise his NTC to effect where he goes.  I would be shocked if HOU trades him to a team in the AFC.   Buckle up.

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That was the biggest part of Watson's issues to clear up, as no criminal charges to be brought. He'll settle the civil cases.

Fully expect him to be dealt now before the draft.

And to be suspended for half a season or more. Anticipate a lot of protests if Watson is suspended less than Ridley. Despite not enough evidence - 22 women coming forward for this behavior - Pattern. I'd be concerned about a repeat. 

I'm on the Baker Mayfield bandwagon. I really thought the evaluation on his 2021 season was unfair. He had an injured shoulder and such all year and gritted it out. Stefansky also got conservative. I like Bakers' leadership ability and accuracy. But we'd need to reduce the verticals offense - like many other QB's i don't think it's a comfortable offense for many. 

Just now, ravishingone said:

I m actually good with Gabbert/Trask.  I know at best Gabbert is a JAG, and if Trask cannot win th job some time during the season then I feel we will have the answer on Trask.

give me Trask over Mayfield. I seen what that bum did behind an ELITE Browns OL and rushing attack and he was still lack luster and failed to make any clutch plays 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Mayfield is garbage.

No way yall are seriously entertaining that

Who's available for trade that's affordable? Comp and salary wise? Jordan Love and Baker Mayfield (if Watson goes to Cleveland). Watson's not coming here. No criminal charges doesn't mean he didn't commit those crimes either (more money than a massage therapist in terms of lawyer choice). 

In the end - Watson is going to end up in New York for the Jets in my opinion. He pushed for Saleah to be hired in Houston. 

I also don't like Watson. Outside of his sexual misbehavior - he whined a lot about the coach and GM hires when a guy who's won nothing in the nfl should not have a say. He's not earned the right of a Brady manning or Rodgers level to have some sort of input. He lacked respect for a Coach that literally won a lot in Bill Obrien - he just wasn't meant to be a GM (clearly many coaches even belichik make more GM decisions). I also don't want a man of Watson's character "leading this roster". He seemed more relieved no charges would be pressed as a guilty man - not a confident person. He's still facing a league suspension and you can bet the commisioner is going to feel a lot of pressure to come down hard on him. 22 women coming forward (and not together) shows bad behavior. And some will compare the 1 year suspension of gambling from Ridley and question the league takes gambling more seriously than Sexual misconduct towards women if he gets a 6 game suspension? 

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m actually good with Gabbert/Trask.  I know at best Gabbert is a JAG, and if Trask cannot win th job some time during the season then I feel we will have the answer on Trask.

I have no confidence in Trask winning the job. He couldn't beat out Griffin last year and only had the roster spot bc he was a 2nd round pick.