Week 10: VIKINGS (6-2) at Washington (4-4)

swede700

The Vikings (6-2) will play Washington (4-4) for the seventh time in eight years. The only season the teams haven’t met this decade was in 2015.

Kyle Rudolph: “It seems like we play them every year. Coach Zim mentioned it earlier, we kind of treat it like a division game. We’re very familiar with one another.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/08/vikings-defensive-end-everson-griffen-misses-practice-with-foot-injury/

25 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Vikings (6-2) will play Washington (4-4) for the seventh time in eight years. The only season the teams haven’t met this decade was in 2015.

Kyle Rudolph: “It seems like we play them every year. Coach Zim mentioned it earlier, we kind of treat it like a division game. We’re very familiar with one another.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/08/vikings-defensive-end-everson-griffen-misses-practice-with-foot-injury/

And considering both head coaches coached against each other on a daily basis for 3 years, why wouldn't they be familiar with each other?  Last decade, it seemed that the Vikings always played the Giants...this decade, it's Washington...maybe, the next decade it'll be Philadelphia.  

I would like to see Teddy get a series or two this week if the game seems to be in hand. Not a "benching" of Keenum, but more of an acclimation for Teddy.

The Vikings have 2-3 months to evaluate Teddy to determine if they're willing to move forward with him as the QBOTF. We already know that Case isn't that guy. It is a delicate balancing act between what is good for the Vikings this season, and what is good for them long term. But since Teddy isn't under contract for next year, I think it is necessary to do everything you can this season to see if he's going to take that next step. To me, that means getting him game action early and often. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I would like to see Teddy get a series or two this week if the game seems to be in hand. Not a "benching" of Keenum, but more of an acclimation for Teddy.

The Vikings have 2-3 months to evaluate Teddy to determine if they're willing to move forward with him as the QBOTF. We already know that Case isn't that guy. It is a delicate balancing act between what is good for the Vikings this season, and what is good for them long term. But since Teddy isn't under contract for next year, I think it is necessary to do everything you can this season to see if he's going to take that next step. To me, that means getting him game action early and often. 

I said this over in the Washington GDT...I would love Teddy B to be the starter this week. It gives the Redskins the better chance to win. QB coming off injury, first real reps since then, was not more than average when healthy, not in game shape, no chemistry with receivers, nfl game speed for him is super fast. Just a lot of negatives to have him come in against the Redskins just getting cleared to play. But I would take it if Zimmer pushed it. I think it betters our odds. 

22 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm watching TJ Clemmings right now on NFL Replay. How in the world is he still in the league? He can't do anything right.

Dont watch him. Please dont watch him. We know he is terrible. I have no idea what this front office was thinking by signing him, but seriously, stacking any pass rusher on him would be a blessing for you guys. Griffen, Barr. Forbath could get a sack lining up against him. 

On 11/6/2017 at 11:45 AM, vikingsrule said:

Im fine starting Keenum for another week. The Redskins offense looked bad last week against Seattle, should be first to 23 wins with this defense. I don't trust the offense under Keenum to go on the road and put up 23+ against a solid team. Offense has to put up points, I'm getting tired of all the Forbath FG attempts.

Welcome to our RedZone woes. Tired of seeing Hopkins (now Rose) go out when we stall in the RedZone. 

On 11/8/2017 at 1:42 PM, Cearbhall said:

Go Bears!  And if Packers/Bears draws Buck all the better for the ears of Vikings fans. Buck and Aikman would do the Bears game if that is the one they are televising in non-local markets, right? I look forward to the prospect watching the Vikings without being subjected to Joe Buck's announcing.

If Aikmen is calling our game, you got a win. I not only hate his homerism, but good lord he is absolutely the worst announcer to have for us at home. Its like he breaks out his 3 rings on the steps of FedEx and curses the game by praying to Jobu. Seriously. He hates the Redskins and shows it every time we play someone and he announces. Such a huge homer. 

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i just remembered Forbath played for Washington for a few years.

good for us, gives him familiarity with the field and weather.

He was not good unless the weather cooperated. Kickoffs were terrible. Never hit anything beyond 49 here. Mostly accurate from 45 and in, but still. 

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

[Forbath] was not good unless the weather cooperated. Kickoffs were terrible. Never hit anything beyond 49 here. Mostly accurate from 45 and in, but still. 

Forbath finished his career with the Redskins as the second-most accurate kicker in team history, converting 87.0 percent of his field goal attempts (60-of-69). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Forbath

he had longs of 49, 50, and 50 with WASH, according to NFL.com.

Not saying he was not lucky at times. But his kickoffs, he is 50% for touchbacks. That is 27th in the league. That could be a possible disadvantage in field position. He is accurate, no lie, but he does much better in domes i.e., New Orleans and Minnesota than he would have here. 

28 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Dont watch him. Please dont watch him. We know he is terrible. I have no idea what this front office was thinking by signing him, but seriously, stacking any pass rusher on him would be a blessing for you guys. Griffen, Barr. Forbath could get a sack lining up against him. 

It's disappointing, because he's never improved from his rookie year, when, while not great, was adequate at RT.  In fact, he might have regressed since then.  

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Not saying he was not lucky at times. But his kickoffs, he is 50% for touchbacks. That is 27th in the league. That could be a possible disadvantage in field position. He is accurate, no lie, but he does much better in domes i.e., New Orleans and Minnesota than he would have here. 

With the rules change, I actually prefer that he not kick for touchbacks.  The starting position is often better.    On average, the Vikings start at around the 29 yd line, while defensively, they start at the 27 1/2 yd on average.  Conversely, Washington offensively starts at the 28 1/2 yd line, while defensively, they start at the 30 1/2 yd line (3rd worst in the entire NFL).

Archived