Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

On ‎2017‎/‎11‎/‎30 at 8:31 AM, ravishingone said:

Bound to make @bucsfan333 very happy.  Got hired the same year as Smith for DC, ouch.

I remember him as a HC for the Lions. I think he is better as a coordinator then a head coach like Wade Phillips. I wanted Jim Schwartz as DC but Koetter had no ties to him so we had to settle for Smith. I'm ready to move on honestly.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bring in all the Grudens.

Thought the exact same thing when I heard about Jay.  Still would need that defensive piece but let John be the one that runs the team and gets us back on the right track while Jay can run the offense.  We have seen what he can do with Dalton and Cousins and have the weapons to run his offense, heck, we have one of his best ones from the Washington days already here. The biggest issue is still what it is now, who's coming to be DC here? I'm sure Gruden would have the contacts to get someone here that is worth a damn but who knows. 

Koetter is going to have one heck of a reason why he allowed his defense to be historically bad.  The stats are just never ending to prove how bad this defense has been.

Bucs are currently winless in the division.  I still believe he needs to get 2 division wins to save his job.  Unfortunately, I don t think his loyalty will sway even in these  desperate times.

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think going after Patricia could be a failure. I'm not sure who Bellichik has deamed HC in waiting in New England. Him or mcdaniels  I think I'd rather go after Patricia if he makes himself available  

Patricia interviewed with Cleveland last year.

8 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think going after Patricia could be a failure. I'm not sure who Bellichik has deamed HC in waiting in New England. Him or mcdaniels  I think I'd rather go after Patricia if he makes himself available  

That and none of Bellichik assistants ever panned out to be good NFL coaches. Every person is different but I'm not so sure he is a slam dunk candidate. First thing first though, is to get a GM who has a good track record. From there I'll be able to trust whoevers decision. I'm pissed we didn't even bring in Zimmer years ago when we had the chance.

18 minutes ago, indifference said:

That and none of Bellichik assistants ever panned out to be good NFL coaches. Every person is different but I'm not so sure he is a slam dunk candidate. First thing first though, is to get a GM who has a good track record. From there I'll be able to trust whoevers decision. I'm pissed we didn't even bring in Zimmer years ago when we had the chance.

Yeah I wanted him the year we hired schiano and I think we interviewed him too that year. 

23 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Patricia interviewed with Cleveland last year.

Interviewed. Patricia could of had a job last offseason. 

Maybe tampa appeals to him. But just Bc the Bucs and their fans find this appealing, I can guarantee you their are defensive coaches that love to play Jamie's Winston Bc turnovers are on the menu. 

Thing is. If the Bucs have a history of players quitting on coaches, why would a coach like Patricia, who has job security in New England, come to Tampa? Schiano, smith and what presumes to be koetter: 2 and done. 

Roster: talent but is maturity a concern? Is attitude and motivation a concern? 

Who will be the GM? The Jamie's Winston saga. Off the field, will he be suspended 6 games ? Is he a franchise qb? 

Suddenly the Bucs job could look like a rebuild instead of an attraction. 

Archived