Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

@bucsfan333 I really appreciate the effort you put in this forum.  Oh my, when Dom speaks, I just can't listen.  Was there ever a medical report he didn't Like?  The trade for Winslow and Revis.  The high draft picks with medicals coming out of college Clayborn, Bowers, Price.  Wonder why the dline looks so bad now.  My favorite moment from the Dom Era, we put such an emphasis on good soldiers, we only draft team captains.  No Gruden didn't ruin the Bucs, Dom destroyed them in 5 miserable years and got to become a talking head for his incompetence.   No wonder the Glazers have an itchy trigger finger, looking back on the Dom Era would make anyone squeamish. 

13 minutes ago, indifference said:

We'll see how this season plays out. Good chance some changes will be made within the coaching staff but I don't see major changes coming in year 2.

I'm curious what changes you think would be made starting with the GM down to the coaching staff.  

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I'm curious what changes you think would be made starting with the GM down to the coaching staff.  

I'd say Koetter gets relieved from play calling duties. Not because he has been bad but to focus on the team holistically. We are not Lovie Smith disciplined bad but we are not as sharp as we were last year. We need to get refocused on that. I could also see a position coach on defense getting removed either the DL coach or secondary guy. The miscommunication by the DB's have killed us.

4 hours ago, indifference said:

I'd say Koetter gets relieved from play calling duties. Not because he has been bad but to focus on the team holistically. We are not Lovie Smith disciplined bad but we are not as sharp as we were last year. We need to get refocused on that. I could also see a position coach on defense getting removed either the DL coach or secondary guy. The miscommunication by the DB's have killed us.

so Im assuming yoy believe Monken  gets playing calling duties.  Two quick questions.  Would Licht be retained?  Another guy Im not sure Bajakian.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

so Im assuming yoy believe Monken  gets playing calling duties.  Two quick questions.  Would Licht be retained?  Another guy Im not sure Bajakian.

Monken should get playcalling. Let's at least see what he's got. We'll probably get some more quick plays if you look back to his college coaching.

Bajakian needs to be gone. We need a good QB coach that is going to get Jameis to progress and I haven't been impressed looking at how Jameis has performed.

15 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Yeah I think the WR's coach would get promoted to play caller. As for Licht being retained, I'm going to say yeah unfortunately but for a year extension.

19 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah I think the WR's coach would get promoted to play caller. As for Licht being retained, I'm going to say yeah unfortunately but for a year extension.

I was listening to one of the JBF podcasts yesterday, Scuttlebucs.   Made a point about if the Glazers choose to bring back Licht it would have to be a multi year extension because I believe Koetter also has 2 years left to send a message to the team that both are firmly in charge and not going anywhere.   Not sure I agree or disagree with the premise, but it is an interesting point.

FWIW,  both guys have not been impressed with Koetter s leadership of the team.  Also, one little nugget is supposedly Winston originally hurt his shoulder in the 1st half of the Minny game.  These hosts are out of Tallahassee and supposedly one of them knows a Winston inner circle confidant pretty well.  Team may be bad, but it isn't boring.  ?

38 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I was listening to one of the JBF podcasts yesterday, Scuttlebucs.   Made a point about if the Glazers choose to bring back Licht it would have to be a multi year extension because I believe Koetter also has 2 years left to send a message to the team that both are firmly in charge and not going anywhere.   Not sure I agree or disagree with the premise, but it is an interesting point.

FWIW,  both guys have not been impressed with Koetter s leadership of the team.  Also, one little nugget is supposedly Winston originally hurt his shoulder in the 1st half of the Minny game.  These hosts are out of Tallahassee and supposedly one of them knows a Winston inner circle confidant pretty well.  Team may be bad, but it isn't boring.  ?

Well in that case, I'm indifferent. I really think Koetter is a great play caller and the reason why we aren't scoring as many as points as we should is mostly due to spotty QB play and a lack of running game. Licht can go I don't care for him much, he has made too many bad decisions with player personnel drafts/FA. This Gruden to TB thing is starting to heat up but do you guys not remember how boring our offense was? I despite the WCO and rather prefer the big play offense under Koeter.

Archived