Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The intrigue for me with Patricia is if the players can't buy his message with pedigree their lost causes and need to be shipped out.  I see what McDermott has done in Buffalo, the fire sale they conducted and you would have thought that team is in full rebuild mode.  Quite the contrary, they play hard.  Patricia is hungry to be a head coach and I believe could do a similar job as  a CEO type head coach who oversees both sides of the ball.  Is he McDaniels or OBrien?   Not sure, but if they don' go retread, they better go with a first time coach with a long track record of winning.  3 Super Bowl rings got my attention for a guy who is 43.  Hoodie obviously values him.  

Yeah that's exactly what needs to be done too. 

Evaluate the roster and purge the players that don't love football. Ones that easily lose interest and aren't team winning culture guys. 

7 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

The Glazers just invested a lot of money in the stadium and practice facility, so I’m not sure it’s right to say they don’t care too much. They’re also apparently building a team store at the stadium, which is surprisingly something that we don’t currently have. The return out of both those investments increases with how the team performs.

The team store is already open. Visited it in October. It's a must visit.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah that's exactly what needs to be done too. 

Evaluate the roster and purge the players that don't love football. Ones that easily lose interest and aren't team winning culture guys. 

This is one of the reasons Luke Stocker is still around I believe. Dude loves the game, and is a great blocker.

I remember Winston saying last year if the team had 53 Adam Humphries we'd never lose a game. If only..

3 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

The team store is already open. Visited it in October. It's a must visit.

Awesome. I was surprised we didn’t have one before since I’ve literally never been to a stadium that didn’t have one. I had to make do with one of the stands outside.

I didn’t realise it moved so quickly either - I did the stadium tour in the middle of July and the tour guide was saying they hadn’t even started yet.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Wow, Mike Lombardi with a lot of chatter about Gruden coming back.  The vultures are really starting to circle around Koetter.  This is going to be fascinating how this plays out,  At least, Allen won' be coming back.

I don't doubt that he wants to come back. 

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't doubt that he wants to come back. 

I'm so torn on this possibility.  Gruden/Allen were horrible at drafting, but not bad in free agency and they at least didn't look like a laughingstock.  I truly believe there will be no middle ground.  A really quick turn round or One Buc Place in flames by next Halloween.   Either way it is going to be entertaining.

Just now, ravishingone said:

I'm so torn on this possibility.  Gruden/Allen were horrible at drafting, but not bad in free agency and they at least didn't look like a laughingstock.  I truly believe there will be no middle ground.  A really quick turn round or One Buc Place in flames by next Halloween.   Either way it is going to be entertaining.

Same.

But he has a more capable QB this time. And that makes a world of difference.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Wow, Mike Lombardi with a lot of chatter about Gruden coming back.  The vultures are really starting to circle around Koetter.  This is going to be fascinating how this plays out,  At least, Allen won' be coming back.

i love Gruden

he was great for us a couple of years, won us the big game, i was in 5th grade, ill never forget it

but part of me thinks that hes been out of the game too long (as a HC) i mean yeah he is a splashy name , Gruden this Gruden that

i just think that if he comes back here , it wont work out

he isnt a Defensive coach at all, and that is the side of the ball that we need work on, we have so much offensive talent  that whoever comes here with any competent OC our offense should be fine

we need some new age coaching

This Gruden stuff is interesting. I really don't know how I'd feel about it. Part of me really thinks he'd come in and do wonders with Jameis and be able to find a DC that could get this team back to a respectable level. Then I go back to reality and I ask myself how likely would that really be, for a fired HC of a team to come back to that same team 10 years later, not coaching during that time, and restore them to glory. It's never happened. 

Put it this way, if we follow the correct line of command and first hire a GM that is fully empowered and that GM really likes Gruden then so be it. However, if we hire Gruden and give him control then hire a GM, we're setting ourselves up for failure again.

I like Gruden and what him to succeed for many reasons if he comes back to Tampa. I just feel like it would probably end in a messy divorce again and I don't want that.

Side note. If we hire Gruden, the team should start taking pre order jersey requests for Barkley, even though we need DL/OL way more.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, bucsfan333 said:

This is interesting. And great insight from a former head coach.

That's coming from a former head coach. I would think he would lean towards the coach side. I'm guessing they might not be (I have no clue either way) giving Dirk that say is because they think he's the problem or at least part of the problem. We've had tons of injuries but I never saw a season like this coming during the summer. It's easy to chew a roster apart now when the team loos so brutal. I don't recall this type of push back in Aug or early Sept though. Play calling has been brutal. WInston is still wild. Teams actions embarrassing last game and like someone said Evans should have been pulled.

I think WInston and Gruden would be a deadly combo. Winston has the same fire for the game Gruden does. I could see them feeding off of each other. Gruden always talks about the gunslinger attitude and Farve. He never had talent to work with like the team does now. As much as I want the def of old I worry about the Qb and the Off first and foremost.

1 hour ago, deuces22wild said:

I think WInston and Gruden would be a deadly combo. Winston has the same fire for the game Gruden does. I could see them feeding off of each other. Gruden always talks about the gunslinger attitude and Farve. He never had talent to work with like the team does now. As much as I want the def of old I worry about the Qb and the Off first and foremost.

im sorry , but i cant agree with this at all

like at all

our Defense is the main problem, our defense hasnt been good for so long, our defense is devoid of talent at major positions

im not worried about our offense, we have playmakers , we have talent, we have drafted good players and have good depth  all over the offense

Gruden never developed any young QBs , say what you will but thats the truth, Gruden thrived with savvy old vets

everyone can play offense nowadays, the good teams in this league know how to play defense too

4 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

im sorry , but i cant agree with this at all

like at all

our Defense is the main problem, our defense hasnt been good for so long, our defense is devoid of talent at major positions

im not worried about our offense, we have playmakers , we have talent, we have drafted good players and have good depth  all over the offense

Gruden never developed any young QBs , say what you will but thats the truth, Gruden thrived with savvy old vets

everyone can play offense nowadays, the good teams in this league know how to play defense too

This is what I agree with. And gruden liked mariota much more than Winston Bc he was not a fan of turnovers. "Turnovers get coaches fired". 

I was listening to a joe Bucs fan pod cast and he had a source within the organization where in 2014 when they hired lovie, his source who he relied on heavily and is credible , said they reached out to gruden as well and he balked at it. 

We all simply forget: grudens decisions ruined this roster long term. He makes Jason licht to look like an A + GM compared to his decisions. 

Many think that Gruden would want more than just the head coaching responsibilities. He'd want personnel control as well and he was horrendous at that. 

No more retreads. 

Archived