Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I like Patricia the best and agree. I think out of al the BB coaches from the tree, he's got the potential to be great. 

That said, maybe he can pluck Zimmers son who's a LB coach from Minnesota to run the defense? 

Or...

We bring in Patricia AND steal Zimmer's son to be our DC!!!!

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

If Patricia would interview with Cleveland (like he did), I can't imagine there isn't anywhere he'd go if given the opportunity.

I agree Patricia won't be as selective as McDaniel at this point of his career.  As mentioned earlier,  Patricia started on the offensive side of the ball.  The hoodie gave the blessing of Schiano to the Glazers when he was hired.  I think bringing in a head coach with championship pedigree is the only way to turn this around.  Is it lack of talent on the roster or coaching them up has been the failure or both?  Those are the two main questions the Glazers will formulate their decision around.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Kinda frustrating.

So why don’t we start games in no huddle? We practice one thing to get in a rythem for practice and then do the opposite in games and get horrid results. Ehh screw it. Let’s not change how we approach anything.:S

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's a pretty good breakdown of the Pats' coordinators in here.

Good read. Whether Gruden is the answer or not, I think it’s clear we need to hire a coach who has NFL pedigree and has won a Super Bowl in some capacity. The youth and future of our team seems to respond well to that.

I seriously don't want gruden. I think he honestly misses coaching but at the same time loves what he does at ESPN and will stay there. If he missed coaching that much he would have been back by now. 

And on top of that, if it leaks out he wants more football operations control , I wouldn't touch him. Our biggest issues to date are bad drafting and scouting evaluations. He's was wretched at it. 

The thing that worries me about mcdaniels or Patricia is this. 

If the Lions job becomes vacant due to Caldwell being fired, both have history with the current Lions GM who is a BB disciple. That job is more enticing with stafford at the helm in my opinion. 

I also don't think both assistants leave New England this offseason either. I think one stays and one leaves. I like Patricia better than mcdaniels. 

The next coach we have needs to be a CEO type head coach. Don't handle play call duties. Hire Coordinators and have them call the games. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9376/jameis-winston

”According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jameis Winston's relationship with Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter is "not in a good place."

Per Rapsheet, Winston didn't feel the organization fully supported him throughout his shoulder injury and has also grown frustrated with the team's play-calling, feeling the offense has become too predictable.”

If Dirk is gone (which contingent on how the season finishes )more likely than not is that he is gone. One of the top priorities needs to be to get a Real QB Coach. Frankly, I never understood Bajakien hire in the first place, considering his track record. I'm not QB whisperer, but watching some of his techniques he was instilling in the young QBs it makes me wonder if they were ever going to be successful. 

58 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Agreed when these reports come out who knows.  It reinforces if Koetter does come back there will be major changes to his coaching staff and play calling responsibilities.

I'm actually gonna go out and say I buy into this report. Rapaport is usually  reliable source. If Jamies was really hurting and played through it in Buffalo, carolina and New Orleans, then yeah they mismanaged it but I also don't believe it was as serious to the point to shut him down either. 

If anything the organization should be disappointed that Jamies did not notify them of the Uber accusation a year and a half ago. They could have had an action plan in place and he was told about incidents like this after already being involved in one at Florida state where he was heavily scrutinized for. 

That and his on field antics and koetters tough love and brutal honesty coaching style. Winston's immaturity on the field may not bode we'll with koetter and some coaches either in the organization. 

It also doesn't bode well when two years ago Koetter stated he preferred mariota over Winston which made me think "why say this publicly" 

i like Koetters approach in terms of calling players out to hold them accountable. Owners will some times take the sides of players over coaches even when the coaches are right. I would say both have done things negatively that may result in a rocky qb-head coach relationship. 

Archived