Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I really think Licht stays. Our recent draft class looks great and I've seen him on the sidelines a bunch with ownership. I can't imagine he'd be spending so much time with them if they weren't gonna keep him around. We've got him for next year already. And he's got strong ties to the Pats, Eagles, and Cardinals so I'm sure he's got insight into all their coordinators if that's the route he wants to go. 

It may turn out that way, but I wouldnt bet on it.  Gruden/Allen got extensions just a year earlier.  Dom/Schiano thought they would get another year because of Freeman melting down.

I dont doubt the Glazers gave Licht a budget for player salaries then they get out of the way.  He spent some bad money on the roster this year.  Martin, Folk, and Ward come to mind.  I guess if the Glazers are satisfied basically having a scout as GM, I guess he has a chance to survive.  We need a cross between Allen and Licht.  ?

45 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It may turn out that way, but I wouldnt bet on it.  Gruden/Allen got extensions just a year earlier.  Dom/Schiano thought they would get another year because of Freeman melting down.

I dont doubt the Glazers gave Licht a budget for player salaries then they get out of the way.  He spent some bad money on the roster this year.  Martin, Folk, and Ward come to mind.  I guess if the Glazers are satisfied basically having a scout as GM, I guess he has a chance to survive.  We need a cross between Allen and Licht.  ?

i think Licht deserves to stay, hes done a very good job drafting, we've hit on alot of players, alot more than in years past

Martin has had up and down years, with his upside it was worth giving him that money then, Folk was also worth the money for effort alone, though i think in hindsight we should just have given it to Murray way back when but *shrugs* , and Ward looked like a steal , there were alot of teams after him

the only thing i put on him , is not finding DL talent,  which sucks, but im going to chalk that up to the coaches telling him they could get production out of what we had

For me, this is very bad news for Jason Licht returning.  Let me explain.   We all know the Aguayo pick was horrendous.  So why is this revisited now?  There would be no benefit from the organization to bring this up now, especially to publically embarrass the owners.  Whether it is true or not, the Glazers would have little interest in being viewed as idiots drafting a kicker to save the reputation of their GM as a good evaluator of talent.  At best, we would get silence from the organization on the pick, which has been very consistent.  It only has come up now with the season down in flames and the entire regimes job security in question.

IMHO, this source is Licht s agent who is trying to publically distance himself from a colossal mistake because the chances of him returning to the Bucs are very slim.  If you want job security, protecting the public image of the person who signs the check is a very good idea.  I could be reading this situation wrong, but the timing and subject matter has led me to this conclusion.

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

For me, this is very bad news for Jason Licht returning.  Let me explain.   We all know the Aguayo pick was horrendous.  So why is this revisited now?  There would be no benefit from the organization to bring this up now, especially to publically embarrass the owners.  Whether it is true or not, the Glazers would have little interest in being viewed as idiots drafting a kicker to save the reputation of their GM as a good evaluator of talent.  At best, we would get silence from the organization on the pick, which has been very consistent.  It only has come up now with the season down in flames and the entire regimes job security in question.

IMHO, this source is Licht s agent who is trying to publically distance himself from a colossal mistake because the chances of him returning to the Bucs are very slim.  If you want job security, protecting the public image of the person who signs the check is a very good idea.  I could be reading this situation wrong, but the timing and subject matter has led me to this conclusion.

well this my backing of licht in my last post look idiotic now -_-

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno. I figure this is as credible as the whole Koetter/Jameis fallout.

We're having a terrible season. Folks gotta come up with crap to get those clicks.

I hope I m wrong, but the timing is sketchy at best.   I can't disagree with the theory Stroud is twisting something that isnt there.  He has been known to throw crap on the wall.  However, there is zero benefit to bringing up the debacle of Aguayo now unless Licht is being shown the door.  

At this point of the season. I m just hoping for no major injuries and let s get to the offseason and start cleaning up this train wreck. Black Monday cannot come soon enough.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I hope I m wrong, but the timing is sketchy at best.   I can't disagree with the theory Stroud is twisting something that isnt there.  He has been known to throw crap on the wall.  However, there is zero benefit to bringing up the debacle of Aguayo now unless Licht is being shown the door.  

At this point of the season. I m just hoping for no major injuries and let s get to the offseason and start cleaning up this train wreck. Black Monday cannot come soon enough.

It's far too late for that.

i was looking at Jameis stats and they actually look pretty good 

ive always been a Mariota > Winston guy , but i have to say that Winston has out played Mariota this year  ON TOP of having ZERO running game , which Mariota HAS

if Koetter would just simplify things i think Jameis would make a leap, again jameis is a gunslinger, hes always going to have that dumbass play , but just looking at his statline its hard for me to believe he does not have Top 10  QB talent maybe even higher , ik ik stats dont say it all , but even in a bad year hes put up  twice as many TDs as picks 

simplification is key IMO

ALSO 

OJ Howard, this man has not had enough targets this year, and he is explosive for a TE, 16 yards per catch , needs to be more part of the offense , we need to look at  what NE used to do with Gronk and Hernandez 

the whole offense has suffered, falls on Koetter , literally too many weapons to falter this hard, fix the online with a serviceable guard and this O has Top 10 if not Top 5 potential

A couple of nuggets that happened before the Gruden trade, which greatly impacted the team after the Super Bowl.  First, to acquire Keyshawn cost them 2 1 st rounders.  Also in the 2001 draft they traded their 2nd rounder to Buffalo to trade up for Kenyatta Walker.  They gave up a  lot of draft capital to win that Super Bowl.  Including the Gruden trade- 4 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders which were never used to draft prospects, wow.

42 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

A couple of nuggets that happened before the Gruden trade, which greatly impacted the team after the Super Bowl.  First, to acquire Keyshawn cost them 2 1 st rounders.  Also in the 2001 draft they traded their 2nd rounder to Buffalo to trade up for Kenyatta Walker.  They gave up a  lot of draft capital to win that Super Bowl.  Including the Gruden trade- 4 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders which were never used to draft prospects, wow.

So what your saying is Gruden (aside from Caddy over Rodgers) may actually be able to find decent draft prospects and develop a team, he just never had the chance to.

With how Gruden likes to run the ball, and rightfully so, I think we go after Barkley if Chubb isn’t on the board. One two punch of Barkley and Barber would be huge for the offense and Jameis. Just have to get the DL right through 2nd and 3rd round picks and maybe Ziggy or Lawrence in FA.

Archived