Devils 2022 MLB Draft Thread/College Baseball Thread(Mock Draft 3/Draft Sunday MLB Network 7e)

devils1854

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Oh god, I forgot about him. Don't let him get to St. Louis.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, I feel like they'd be better off going for the savings at this pick and then spending big on their next 3-4 picks.

Atlanta has done this a bunch in recent memory so they probably will.  But not sure they should.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Wait, there's 80 picks tonight? FFS why are they moving at a snails pace then?!?!?!

Yeah, they better start pounding the picks out in 2 minutes or less after the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's probably the obvious pick, but other then him I'm not really seeing an obvious pick.

Seattle has no problem gambling upside on pitching so I could see him going off the board here. Still, St. Louis, Boston and NYY back-to-back-to-back could result him going to a team we don't want lol

EDIT - Keep forgetting the Blue Jays at 23 lol

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Seattle has no problem gambling upside on pitching so I could see him going off the board here. Still, St. Louis, Boston and NYY back-to-back-to-back could result him going to a team we don't want lol

He'll go to Boston or New York I'd imagine.  Think Blue Jays could be a sleeper team.  He should hear his name shortly.

3 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Kozma didn't really have any standout tools at all.  Williams has plus speed and I've seen some people that have a future plus on his bat.  I will admit that the Cards were one of the hardest teams to pin down in that mock.  There weren't any really young prep players available (at least that hold a 1st round grade) and I had the college pitching going off the board right in front of them.  

Can't see him going any higher than 13 to the Angels, but he's arguably the biggest question mark in the entire draft since he reportedly didn't let teams see his imaging after his shoulder scope.

Rangers threw everyone a curvebalk

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Or they're more comfortable spending later and not risk them going to college instead.

That's not just a comment towards the Braves, but a general comment.  Those 2 are too talented to be on the board at 22.