ESPN: Titans have 55% chance of making the playoffs

titans0021

4. Tennessee Titans (5-3)

The Titans held on for a victory Sunday in one of the NFL's most significant playoff leverage games of the week. According to FPI, the Titans now have a 55 percent chance of making the postseason after their 23-20 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. Had they lost, and absorbed a fourth conference loss, their chances would have fallen to 26 percent. At the moment, their Week 2 victory at Jacksonville looms large; it separates the Titans and Jaguars in these standings. The drama already is building for a Week 17 game between the teams in Nashville.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/256043/nfl-playoff-picture-looking-ahead-after-week-9

It's impressive to see just how much of an impact that the Ravens game had on our postseason chances. I suppose it makes sense, as sitting at 4-4 and losing tiebreakers with Baltimore and Miami would have put a huge dent in any Wild Card possibilities.

Midway through the year, how are you guys feeling? 

The weak AFC has me optimistic that we may even be able to sneak in even if the Jaguars go on a run here and finish 11-5. That Dolphins loss really looms large, just because of how obviously winnable it was and how much prettier 6-2 and tied for first in the AFC would look.

I entered this year with a playoffs or bust mindset, so we're on pace for it. If Marcus starts to heat up, I'm going to feel a lot better about things.

I also want to point out that since 1995 teams with a 5-3 record have a 63% chance of making the playoffs compared to just a 30% at 4-4.

Considering we're 5-3 with an offense that still hasn't found itself, I feel pretty good. Our schedule is pretty favorable this 2nd half, so that helps too.

I really am feeling confident that we find a way to get into the playoffs. I feel like our toughest games left are going to be @ Pittsburgh and than home against the Rams and Jags in weeks 16 and 17. The rest of our schedule I am extremely confident in. Think we win this week and we should beat the Colts, Texans, Cardinals, and 49ers. If we can't figure out a way to win those 4 games, I have no hope we will make the playoffs. I really think we have a chance to finish out the season 6-2 or even 7-1. We've limped our way into this 5-3 record and Marcus is finally healthy it appears and Davis made it through his first game back with no setbacks so hopefully he continues to improve each week. If we don't go at least 6-2 in this stretch, I don't think we deserve a playoff spot honestly. All that being said, I am fully expecting us to finish the season 4-4 or worse because, well, Titans.

There’s 8 games left. Schedule now is weaker than it was the first 8. However, this team plays down to every opponent so no game is easy. Go 5-3 like they did in the first 8 and they should most likely be in regardless at 10-6. That 6-2 would look a hell of a lot better right now though(damn refs).

I feel confident in our ability to make the playoffs. Especially in this crazy AFC. There isn 't one team that is jumping out there to take anything.

If get a good mix of Seattle/Colts Marcus the rest of the way and a secondary that is playing with more confidence, we should get to at least 10 wins.

The freakin' refs... how much better would we feel right now at 6-2, vying for a 1st round bye... and some extra wiggle room as we continue to look for our stride (it's gonna happen...I feel it... Mariota going on a tear similar to last season... plus an improved team around him...)

Archived