2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Just now, 9erFreak77 said:

As in trade him?

If they can't come to an extension this offseason? I can see that happening. It is clear that teams will be willing to trade top WRs that will be getting APY in the 25M range. From Hopkins to Adams to now Hill. 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

If they can't come to an extension this offseason? I can see that happening. It is clear that teams will be willing to trade top WRs that will be getting APY in the 25M range. From Hopkins to Adams to now Hill. 

I guess it’s something to think about i suppose……never once thought it would come to that as he literally is our offence.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm all for the drama so I hope a mystery team trades for him....

I'm confused by this tweet. Very likely to happen but not a considered a possibility? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I guess it’s something to think about i suppose……never once thought it would come to that as he literally is our offence.

I wouldn’t trade him, he is a complete game changer but the proof is in the pudding with these top WRs being on the move when it comes to getting an extension. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've been very torn on the big money Deebo contract as I've mentioned before. He's a scary guy to give a big money deal to. I think you certainly prefer to sign him, but given the way that the NCAA is producing receivers at this juncture, I also understand trying to get high value out of the position through the draft. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've been very torn on the big money Deebo contract as I've mentioned before. He's a scary guy to give a big money deal to. I think you certainly prefer to sign him, but given the way that the NCAA is producing receivers at this juncture, I also understand trying to get high value out of the position through the draft. 

Deebo is just different though. You really can't compare his impact to other WRs. But again, Hopkins/Diggs/Adams/Hill all have been moved or will be moved at the time of the extension. Teams prefer draft picks over big money extensions for WRs. I think that makes more sense if your QB isn't on a rookie deal. If you have a QB on a rookie deal, then it doesn't make all that much sense to trade your top talent as you just have a small window before the QB ends up taking a good chunk of the cap. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm confused by this tweet. Very likely to happen but not a considered a possibility? 

He's basically saying Hill is gone....This isn't about Hill possibly being on the move as he WILL be on the move. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Deebo is just different though. You really can't compare his impact to other WRs. But again, Hopkins/Diggs/Adams/Hill all have been moved or will be moved at the time of the extension. Teams prefer draft picks over big money extensions for WRs. I think that makes more sense if your QB isn't on a rookie deal. If you have a QB on a rookie deal, then it doesn't make all that much sense to trade your top talent as you just have a small window before the QB ends up taking a good chunk of the cap. 

I can compare his health to other big money receivers though. And the idea of using him as a running back more really changes the calculus when you think about what that is going to do to his body and where he's going to be health wise for a guy that has had substantial health issues in his college and NFL career. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I can compare his health to other big money receivers though. And the idea of using him as a running back more really changes the calculus when you think about what that is going to do to his body and where he's going to be health wise for a guy that has had substantial health issues in his college and NFL career. 

Health is always going to be a concern with Deebo for sure. He stayed healthy for the most part last season and let's hope the changes he made to his workout plans works going forward as well. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Health is always going to be a concern with Deebo for sure. He stayed healthy for the most part last season and let's hope the changes he made to his workout plans works going forward as well. 

Yoga!

• Like 1