2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol Javi and Ted are going at it for absolutely no real reason. 

Because Ted is impossible to have any sort of conversation or debate with. I had to mute him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

RB market will be interesting to watch. Mostert/Justin Jackson I except one of them signing with us. 

Justin Jackson would be a solid get, but I do expect it to be mostert. 

Safety market has been incredibly slow. Really good chance we are going to get tartt back super cheap if we want him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Justin Jackson would be a solid get, but I do expect it to be mostert. 

Safety market has been incredibly slow. Really good chance we are going to get tartt back super cheap if we want him

Wonder if we could sign Tartt 3 years 15-17 million. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think it'd just be a one year deal

Gotta think Tartt wants a little more security as it's probably his last chance at a longer contract. He might take under value contract for more security. But yes id rather signs him to a 1-year deal. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

14 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

RB market will be interesting to watch. Mostert/Justin Jackson I except one of them signing with us. 

I would really like to get a healthy Mostert back on the field and pair him with Mitchell and an improved Sermon.

I know he is injury prone, but if this injury issue is behind him and keep him on a pitch count, he could provide an amazing 1-2 punch.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No Gilmore but Ward instead.

Not mad at it but obviously preferred Gilmore. Ward allowed a sub-50% completion rate last season which is hard to do. He will be fine in this system. 

You took the words outta my mouth. Wanted Gilmore, but this is an upgrade and adding talent to that secondary.

random thought, I fully expect us to address safety early in the draft, I don’t see Tartt coming back. 

Just now, P_locniners said:

You took the words outta my mouth. Wanted Gilmore, but this is an upgrade and adding talent to that secondary.

random thought, I fully expect us to address safety early in the draft, I don’t see Tartt coming back. 

Gilmore is older but he's a playmaker. Ward is another guy in the defensive backfield who does not create many turnovers. Oh well, he's a good cover corner and we need that. 

They may make a play for Marcus Williams or Honey Badger I think. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gilmore is older but he's a playmaker. Ward is another guy in the defensive backfield who does not create many turnovers. Oh well, he's a good cover corner and we need that. 

They may make a play for Marcus Williams or Honey Badger I think. 

I don’t see the Honey Badger being a target. I know they say our safeties are Interchangeable, but I still think they would prefer a more stout SS to pair with Ward. I think Mathieu offers what Ward does, just much more dynamic.

if he does sign here, I will happily admit I’m a wrong and be stoked for the signing 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No Gilmore but Ward instead.

Not mad at it but obviously preferred Gilmore. Ward allowed a sub-50% completion rate last season which is hard to do. He will be fine in this system. 

I don't mind saying, Gilmore's age was always a concern for me. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't mind saying, Gilmore's age was always a concern for me. 

Definitely but I thought that may help bring him to SF lol. 

Ward is going to be good. He's not easy to complete passes on but he's not a playmaker. Which is fine but damn it, someone in the secondary has to create turnovers for this defense to take the next step. I think we will be players for Williams or Haney Badger as I just stated. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Only if we move him to RB. He is a very bad wide receiver.

In fact, he is the exact type of wide receiver that Kyle will hate. He does not run precise routes. He does not read coverages well. He generally looks clueless as a WR until he has the ball in his hands 

I understand why people think he's good, he's a physical specimen, but he isn't a skilled football player. 

That's 100% what I would do with him while also taking some snaps and running routes in the slot or outside or from the backfield.

I've also pondered calling the eagles about Raegor and doing the same with him.