2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, so that means they are keeping Jimmy on the roster for the time being. So stupid.

I'm still not sure why Ward did not get extended yet. @Forge @49erscap explain please!!!

May not have found terms good for both sides tbh. I haven't heard in whether they are trying or not. It'd be curious to be if they weren't at least working on one

1 minute ago, adamq said:

Hooper would probably be too expensive for us, no?

No, but he sucks so I'm not sure it matters. 

I'd fully expect shanny to push to sign him though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

May not have found terms good for both sides tbh. I haven't heard in whether they are trying or not. It'd be curious to be if they weren't at least working on one

I know they did something with his contract last year, could that be impacting things or no?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know they did something with his contract last year, could that be impacting things or no?

No. Really they would want him to get extended. He's like a 6m cap hit in 2023 and not even on the roster

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

We had to do this regardless of Jimmy unless as had cut him before 1 pm. We can't trade him till after 1 pm. 

And we all know we trading him to Cleveland now

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

2 years, 11m is nice for Bilal Nichols. Would have been into that as a run stuffer

L-O-L at you caring about run stuffers in 2022. GET A GRIP!!!!!.........................PS, we really do need one since Street/Givens don't give us anything against the run and just get washed away. Any good cheap options available?

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

No. Really they would want him to get extended. He's like a 6m cap hit in 2023 and not even on the roster

Well, then I hope we do get some sort of extension done soon. He deserves it and seems like he wants to stay here as well.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

L-O-L at you caring about run stuffers in 2022. GET A GRIP!!!!!.........................PS, we really do need one since Street/Givens don't give us anything against the run and just get washed away. Any good cheap options available?

Well, then I hope we do get some sort of extension done soon. He deserves it and seems like he wants to stay here as well.

We've got Kinlaw and Mo Hurst! They should definitely be counted on! 

• Like 2

There is still no way we can keep Jimmy until training camp unless they just want to punt on free agency and sign a bunch of vet minimum types of players. We still need that cap space freed up soon. So just please cut him and MOVE ON!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

We had to do this regardless of Jimmy unless as had cut him before 1 pm. We can't trade him till after 1 pm. 

Im still finding it difficult why we had to do this regardless if Jimmy was on the team or not? Kittle and Arik’s restructured contracts gave us around 18 million but if we relaesed Jimmy it would have been around the same. Id understand if we signed other people but we didn’t. Our coverage of the NFL is not as good i guess lol.

Edited by 9erFreak77

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There is still no way we can keep Jimmy until training camp unless they just want to punt on free agency and sign a bunch of vet minimum types of players. We still need that cap space freed up soon. So just please cut him and MOVE ON!!!!! 

We trading to him to Cleveland, baby!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

We've got Kinlaw and Mo Hurst! They should definitely be counted on! 

#KinlawBreakoutSZN!!!!!!

If Kinlaw stays healthy, then yeah, we will be fine against the run. But you are taking a big risk there. Hope it works out for us but taking one run stuffer late in the draft would not be the worst of ideas. 

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Im still finding it difficult why we had to do this regardless if Jimmy was on the team or not? Kittle and Arik’s restructured contracts gave us around 18 million but we relaesed Jimmy it would have been around the same. Id understand if we signed other people but we didn’t. Our coverage of the NFL is not as good i guess lol.

They're not going to cut him. Or at least for now, they won't. I just hope they don't drag this on beyond the Watson trade. 

Just now, Forge said:

We trading to him to Cleveland, baby!

I tried to tell you guys to stop talking about him on Sunday but here we are on Wednesday and we are still talking about this clown!!!! The team has not gotten the message even though it is clear as day. They need to make a move soon so it doesn't prevent us from going after other top free agents.

I will say, with the cap created from the restructures and after we move on from Jimmy, we have plenty of cap to go after Jones/Miller. Will they be willing to spend big for them? 

• Like 3