2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

I have said it before and i will say it again. While i love Deebo and would hate to see him in a different uniform i can't justify paying him more than 15-17 mil a year. And for me no matter what receiver that is the absolute max i would ever pay for a receiver. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Does Deebo's deal get done this offseason or he has to wait one more year for it? I don't think you can justify paying him anywhere near this off one great season. 

I totally agree after next season then pay up.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

I have said it before and i will say it again. While i love Deebo and would hate to see him in a different uniform i can't justify paying him more than 15-17 mil a year. And for me no matter what receiver that is the absolute max i would ever pay for a receiver. 

The cap is expected to jump over 30M next year. 15-17 is not going to cut it. I'm fine giving up 21-23M but anything above that and it's a bit shaky...Bosa himself will be getting close to 30M. 

Have to win NOW! I think this team is going to swing for something big soon. 

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I totally agree after next season then pay up.

Deebo's still going to get a new deal this offseason along with Bosa, in the $24M a yr range, while Nick will get $32M a yr IMO, no way they don't do these deals now, when their prices can skyrocket next offseason.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Deebo's still going to get a new deal this offseason along with Bosa, in the $24M a yr range, while Nick will get $32M a yr IMO, no way they don't do these deals now, when their prices can skyrocket next offseason.

Well then im praying no higher then $22M for Deebo…..he had one breakout year.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The cap is expected to jump over 30M next year. 15-17 is not going to cut it. I'm fine giving up 21-23M but anything above that and it's a bit shaky...Bosa himself will be getting close to 30M. 

Have to win NOW! I think this team is going to swing for something big soon. 

Paying 10% of your cap to a guy that is for the most part depending on another guy to get the most out of him isn't the way for me. No matter how you spin it. If we give Deebo that big a deal there better be some good outs in and flexibility in that deal. 

There is certain positions where i think going with the draft is just better than paying top money for them. Receiver with the way College is pumping them out is one of them for me. I have absolutely zero problem using a early pick for one but after four or five years i am totally fine letting them walk and getting paid by another team. I have always advocated against the OBJ trade back when that was thing and i will always be against the idea of needing great receivers. If you have Kyle calling plays and Trey is the real deal you don't need the best receiver there is.

For me when you start paying top level money it is to either the QB, OL,DL or real special talent like Kittle or Warner who have a finger in every single play. 

Edited by Justone2

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Paying 10% of your cap to a guy that is for the most part depending on another guy to get the most out of him isn't the way for me. No matter how you spin it. If we give Deebo that big a deal there better be some good outs in and flexibility in that deal. 

There is certain positions where i think going with the draft is just better than paying top money for them. Receiver with the way College is pumping them out is one of them for me. I have absolutely zero problem using a early pick for one but after four or five years i am totally fine letting them walk and getting paid by another team. I have always advocated against the OBJ trade back when that was thing and i will always be against the idea of needing great receivers. If you have Kyle calling plays and Trey is the real deal you don't need the best receiver there is.

I mean Deebo isn't just a WR though lol...You can argue the shelf life of his going forward but he's freak because of what he can do in the run game as well. He's just the best in the league with the ball in his hands. He WAS most of our offense down the stretch.

I'm with the strategy of keeping the stars and then spending less elsewhere and hope your stars can carry you to a SB, ala the Rams. We are going to have a lot of big contracts from superstars and the depth is going to take a hit so it will come down to the front office hitting on draft picks and making nice bargain signings in the offseason. 

• Like 4

I dont think these big contracts are as crippling as it seems, either. Most of them have outs after 2 years if the player loses productivity or health.

On another note, I'm super impressed with what the Raiders are doing.. They could have just rolled over and kicked the can down the road, but no.. Go big in FA and make a blockbuster deal to get that #1 guy the offense is missing. If they can figure out the right side of that line, watch out

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Deebo isn't just a WR though lol...You can argue the shelf life of his going forward but he's freak because of what he can do in the run game as well. He's just the best in the league with the ball in his hands. He WAS most of our offense down the stretch.

I don't think with his history its viable to expect that to stay. He is amazing and there is no doubt he is worth getting paid a lot. For me its just where the receiver market is doesn't make sense to me with what they actually contribute play to play and the change it makes. Like do the Saints make the play-offs with Thomas healthy for the whole season? Or are they more likely to do that with a healthy Winston?. One is at most a average QB while the other is one of the top paid receivers. The Chargers have two guys that get paid 20 mil or more and still didn't make the play-offs even with a good QB in Herbert. I just think in a few years if college keeps going the way it is WR will turn into more and more of a position like RB.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm with the strategy of keeping the stars and then spending less elsewhere and hope your stars can carry you to a SB, ala the Rams. We are going to have a lot of big contracts from superstars and the depth is going to take a hit so it will come down to the front office hitting on draft picks and making nice bargain signings in the offseason. 

Oh i am fully for the stars, picks and bottom level FA's. I just think at certain points you also shouldn't be affraid to let one of your stars go either by trade or letting them walk. Making those unpopulair decisions is what makes great franchises and are important for longevity of your succes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

I don't think with his history its viable to expect that to stay. He is amazing and there is no doubt he is worth getting paid a lot. For me its just where the receiver market is doesn't make sense to me with what they actually contribute play to play and the change it makes. Like do the Saints make the play-offs with Thomas healthy for the whole season? Or are they more likely to do that with a healthy Winston?. One is at most a average QB while the other is one of the top paid receivers. The Chargers have two guys that get paid 20 mil or more and still didn't make the play-offs even with a good QB in Herbert. I just think in a few years if college keeps going the way it is WR will turn into more and more of a position like RB.

Oh i am fully for the stars, picks and bottom level FA's. I just think at certain points you also shouldn't be affraid to let one of your stars go either by trade or letting them walk. Making those unpopulair decisions is what makes great franchises and are important for longevity of your succes. 

There is no reason Deebo could not be great for another 3-4 seasons. There will be some rocky moments with him getting banged up but when he is on the field, he's one of the best players in the league period. SPECIAL and one of one with the ball in his hands. I get sometimes you have to make tough decisions as we did with Buckner, but I just can't accept letting him go during Lance's rookie contract. We have to give Lance as much talent as possible to win now. Will only get harder once Lance gets paid.