Pre-Free Agency Mock Offseason

WindyCity

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Applying that same logic, couldn’t someone suggest that Anthony Miller is worthy of a 3/23.5 deal too? Lots of natural gifts and what may just be untapped potential. Yeah, his production wasn’t what you’d expect but the Bears QBs just looked to Allen Robinson SO MUCH 2018-2020 that Miller was severely underutilized.

It's an interesting comparison. Miller was targeted more often but played a much different role. MVS has far more natural gifts on paper and was always used as a high-variance deep threat. Highest target air yards of any WR for multiple seasons.

I'm also hesitant about signing MVS, but having his former coach alleviates some of that skepticism.

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

It's an interesting comparison. Miller was targeted more often but played a much different role. MVS has far more natural gifts on paper and was always used as a high-variance deep threat. Highest target air yards of any WR for multiple seasons.

I'm also hesitant about signing MVS, but having his former coach alleviates some of that skepticism.

My point with Miller wasn’t to comp the two - it was to point out that you could make an argument for why a guy with physical talent deserves a shot to show there’s more than what he’s put on film to date sound pretty plausible even if he probably doesn’t actually deserve it. I’m not opposed to MVS getting a look. My reservations are around in what role I’m willing to give him that look and at what cost (where I’m seemingly way lower than others) given where our roster sits. 

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

So again, if our new OC from GB wants MVS, I’m not questioning it. If he passes, and MVS only ends up with a small deal elsewhere, that will be very telling. But the rumors are already strong, so that seems unlikely 

I agree that if Getsy pounds the table for the guy, the rest of the staff should listen.

What are the rumors you mention, though? MVS to the Bears? Or are they just MVS getting a good contract somewhere

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I agree that if Getsy pounds the table for the guy, the rest of the staff should listen.

What are the rumors you mention, though? MVS to the Bears? Or are they just MVS getting a good contract somewhere

Evan Massey, whoever that is, says the Bears could make a run at him

• Like 1