P Pat O'Donnell 1 year 1.75 million/1 guaranteed [1.75]

LS Patrick Scales 1 year 1 million/500k guaranteed [1]

OG Alex Bars 1 year 1 million/200k guaranteed [1]

TE Jesper Horsted [ERFA] 600k [.6]

OG Alex Bars 1 year 750k [.75]

Cap Room: 33 million

Free Agents [29.5 million spent]

C Brian Allen [LAR] 4 years 28 million/13 guaranteed [Cancels Hicks] [4]

The Bears worst position on offense was C and the Bears desperately need to get someone in there that can make the calls and be an anchor in the run game. Allen is from Chicago, he is an ascending player, and he is super athletic. He is the perfect fit in the zone run game the Bears want and he is a solid pass protector that can be relied on to block 1 on 1 far more than Mustipher. By signing a C who can be here for years you get a start on the important relationship between C and QB.

Brian Allen COVID-10 Coronavirus Rams Michigan State

WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling [GB] 3 years 27 million/10 guaranteed [Cancels Nichols] [4]

This will not be a popular signing, but it makes too much sense when you consider how MVS fits. MVS has size, the Bears do not. MVS has speed and catches mostly deep passes, the Bears have been they most pathetic explosive play offense. MVS has a close relationship with the Bears OC. MVS is also going to come cheaper than most of the other options on the market and the Bears do not appear like they are going to be big spenders.
marquez-valdes-scantling-waiver-wire-pickups-fantasy-football-wide-receiver-rankings-icon1.jpeg

OT Dennis Kelly [GB] 2 years 7 million/3 guaranteed [Cancels Ifedi] [2.5]

The Bears are likely going to be rolling with young OTs and they need an experience and versatile backup who can push them and compete with them. Kelly has a ton of starts at RT and LT and is one of the better swing OTs in the NFL.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F0131%2Fr495913_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg&w=570&h=321&format=jpg

WR Randall Cobb [GB] 2 years 12 million/4 guaranteed [4]

The Bears need a reliable slot WR that can take some of the pressure off of Fields and work the middle of the Field. Cobb is the definition of professional slot WR and should be a reliable target for a year while the Bears develop some younger targets. Has a relationship with Getsy. Also, F you Aaron.

Randall Cobb | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

DE Al-Quaden Muhammad [Ind] 3 years 18 million/6 guaranteed [Cancels Dalton] [3]

A productive #3 pass rusher who played for Eberflus and had 6 sacks last season. He can come in and be part of the rotation right away and play some of the early downs to keep Quinn healthy and fresh.

NFL-PLAYOFFS-COLTS-TEXANS.jpg

CB Tavon Young [Bal] 1 year 2.5 million/500k guaranteed [2.5]

Young was one of the better young NBs in the NFL before a knee injury 2 years ago. Last season he was solid, but not what he was and he was released as a cap move by the Ravens. Young will be 2 years removed from his injury and should be able to grab the NB spot for the Bears and upgrade Shelley at a reasonable price that does not affect their comp pics.

rtgmf7xbjcmfqtohz14n.jpg

CB Xavier Rhodes [Ind] 1 year 4 million/1 guaranteed [4] [Cancels out Grant]

The Bears need an outside CB they can start in the event that none of the young guys step up. It also needs to be a veteran that they are not deeply tied to financially in case Graham or a draft pick grab the job. Rhodes had a career revitalization under Eberflus who put him in a system that asked him not to play nearly as much man as he was. Rhodes does not have his speed anymore, but he has the savvy and understanding of zone to be a great mentor.

GettyImages-1272608001-e1600255188669.jpg

LB Anthony Hitchens [KC] 2 years 10 million/4 guaranteed [3]

Hitchens has played for Eberflus, and was in KC with Poles, this signing makes a ton of sense as it does not effect comp picks, gives the Bears a solid veteran MLB that allows Roquan to move outside and who will not cost a ton as the Bears get ready to pay Roquan. Hitchens may not be the athlete he use to be, but he is still very solid in the middle.

GettyImages-1200876826-e1589730093819.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

LB Damien Wilson [Jax] 1 year 1.5 million/500k guaranteed [1.5]

The Bears need to add an entire LB core and Wilson can play inside and out and knows Poles from KC. He has been solid when asked to start and can compete at SLB and be a core special teamer.

usatsi_13437978.jpg?width=660&height=372&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

LB Zaire Franklin [Ind] 1 year 1.5 million/500k guaranteed [1.5]

Again, the Bears need bodies at LB and Franklin knows the system and coach. He is a spot starter and special teamer. The Bears will likely not use an SLB that often and do not need a star there.

5f7bb30eb990a.image.jpg?resize=750%2C500

Draft [2.5 million spent]

2[39] DT Perrion Winfrey [OU] 6'4" 290lbs, 35" arms

I know conventional wisdom is that pick will go to the offense, but I expect that there will be 2 guys here that are perfect fits for the 3 technique spot in Flus' defense and that may be too much to pass up. Winfrey is a long and explosive athlete that can get upfield and disrupt the QB. Winfrey stood out at the Senior Bowl and had a very impressive 4.89 [40] at the combine. Length and explosion are super important to the defense and he has both of those.

sddefault.jpg

2[48] WR George Pickens [Georgia] 6'3" 200lbs, 4.47

The Bears need someone who can play the X WR and some one who can be a reliable target with size for Fields. Pickens is a really intriguing player coming off an injury, but prior to that he was a physical monster at WR. Pickens can do the physical stuff that Mooney and MVS cannot do. I also expect him to be even better physically in camp as he is closer to a year removed from his ACL injury.

d50097f0-13ac-11ea-b4ff-700e1d7a3e0f

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 3[71] to the Philadelphia Eagles for 3[83] and 4[123] and 7[239]. Poles has stated his desire to make more picks and I expect a trade down at some point in the draft to just add volume.

3[83] OG Dylan Parham [Memphis] 6'3" 311lbs, 33" arms, 4.93, 26" vert, 108" broad

Athletic, versatile, experienced, these are all adjectives used to describe Parham. He has played every spot on the line and had success. He answered questions about his size by coming in with solid interior measurables and much longer arms than expected. Parham can come in and compete at LG with the hopes he takes the job or at least takes the job in 2023 when Whitehair is a cap casualty.

dylan-parham.jpg

4[123] S J.T Woods [Baylor] 6'2" 195lbs, 4.36 [40], 39.5" vert, 128 broad

The Bears need options at S alongside Jackson and Woods has a ton of physical tools and production. He has the range to play in the 2 high and the ball skills to be a threat in a zone based defense.

91b3c972c1fafef178bd4eb6d7b08816

5[139] OT Rasheed Walker [Penn St] 6'6" 313lbs, 33.5" arms

The Bears need competition at OT and they need options in case Borom and Jenkins struggle. Walker is a solid developmental OT. He has the physical tools to be an NFL starter and the functional strength to handle NFL power rushes. He struggles with 2nd moves in pass pro, but I am not sure whether that is an athletic issue or a technique breakdown. I think with coaching he could at minimum be a swing OT in the NFL.

USATSI_15956665_168393729_lowres-e1620074111254.jpg?w=684

5[141] CB Akayleb Evans [Missouri] 6'2" 190lbs.

The Bears defense does not stress their CBs a ton so I am not sure we will see a massive investment in the CB spot. I think that we will see a number of long CBs added to compete for the #2 spot and hope someone steps up. Evans has the length they want and he can be physical at the line.

mizzou-defensive-back-announces-intent-enter-nfl-draft-akayleb-evans.png

6[173] FB Chig Okonkwo [Maryland] 6'2" 240lbs.

In the Shannahan system they have used an HB. Someone who can line up in the backfield and block, but who can also be a threat in the passing game. Okonkwo has the tools and physical skill set to fill this role. He is a TE by trade, but doesn't really have the size to stay there, and he has really good athletic tools. He could be an ideal HB and backfield weapon for the Getsy to utilize.

terps21_Chig-Okonkwo-1-800x445.jpg

7[239] LB D'Marco Jackson [App St] 6'1" 233lbs, 32.5" arms, 4.55, 33" vert

This is simply a swing on speed and length. We know Eberflus likes long armed LBs that can run and that is what Jackson is. He is not ready to play and likely hits the PR or special teams for awhile, but in the 7th round all you can look for is atheltic traits.

dmarco-jackson-lb-appalachian-state.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Fields, Foles
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen, Okonkwo
WR: Mooney, MVS, Pickens, Cobb, Newsome
TE: Kmet, James, Horsted
LT: Jenkins, Walker
LG: Whitehair, Parham
😄 Allen
RG: Daniels, Bars
RT: Borom, Kelly

RE: Quinn, Muhammad
DT: Winfrey, Edwards
NT: Blackson, Tonga
LE: Gipson, Kamara
WLB: Smith, Thomas
MLB: Hitchens, Jackson
SLB: Wilson, Franklin
CB: Johnson, Rhodes/Graham/Evans, Young, Shelley
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Woods/Bush

Edited by WindyCity

The idea of giving MVS 3/27 makes me want to drown myself in my soup. He’s been a one-trick pony who despite his size and top end speed and having a starting role with one of the best deep passing QBs of all time for 4 years has really pedestrian numbers overall. I don’t hate adding him because of the tools as you mentioned, but at that price he’d need a HUUUUUUGE endorsement from Getsy. I think he’s a prime candidate for a prove it deal for a lot less than $9M annually, either here or elsewhere.

Beyond my MVS thoughts, I’d be a fan of this offseason. Any mock that puts Pickens on our roster is one I’ll endorse. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The idea of giving MVS 3/27 makes me want to drown myself in my soup. He’s been a one-trick pony who despite his size and top end speed and having a starting role with one of the best deep passing QBs of all time for 4 years has really pedestrian numbers overall. I don’t hate adding him because of the tools as you mentioned, but at that price he’d need a HUUUUUUGE endorsement from Getsy. I think he’s a prime candidate for a prove it deal for a lot less than $9M annually, either here or elsewhere.

Beyond my MVS thoughts, I’d be a fan of this offseason. Any mock that puts Pickens on our roster is one I’ll endorse. 

I want Christian Kirk.

But the MVS connections have been plentiful and it makes sense... as much as I would not love it.

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I want Christian Kirk.

But the MVS connections have been plentiful and it makes sense... as much as I would not love it.

I agree - just don’t like the mocked price point at all. It doesn’t make that much sense to me lol. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Wouldnt us signing him, whatever the price is, bet the endorsement from Getsy?

Not to mention Rodgers has never accepted any WRs outside of Adams and Cobb, so I dont take any lack of production as some reason to scare us off. He has plenty he could be used as once you actually bring him into an offense, not just as an extra piece you constantly send on deep routes. To me, his size and speed also make him a candidate to be the Weapon that every offense wants to find these days (i.e Deebo/Cordarrelle) 

Also, Im not worried about what any of our Free Agent Signings AAV is, its all about first year Cap hit, and guaranteed dollars. IF Someone's agent (take MVS for instance) is like, we want to hit the $10m AAV, and we add on an extra 4th year with no committed dollars to do so, then who cares? IT might say 4 year $40m on paper, but if its only $8m signing bonus with a total of $15m guaranteed, then we are sitting pretty. That is a situation where he never sees that final year that would (which would be like $15m+) unless he is suddenly a true #1 Receiver, which we would be renegotiating anyway.

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not to mention Rodgers has never accepted any WRs outside of Adams and Cobb, so I dont take any lack of production as some reason to scare us off. He has plenty he could be used as once you actually bring him into an offense, not just as an extra piece you constantly send on deep routes. To me, his size and speed also make him a candidate to be the Weapon that every offense wants to find these days (i.e Deebo/Cordarrelle) 

Jordy Nelson too, but your point is taken. My concern is more about why highly competent offensive minds and an elite QB couldn’t find more that he can do for them. He has a prototypical WR1 physical skill set, with WR4 production. Rodgers being a weirdo or not, that troubles me. He’s all about exploiting matchups. Letting his playmakers make plays. If MVS is only a favorable matchup down the field at 6’4” 206 lb with sub-4.4 speed then there’s probably more to the lack of production than just Rodgers liking Adams more. And Lazard. And Cobb. And Tonyan.

Like I said I don’t hate bringing him in at all. And yes, doing so would be at least some kind of endorsement from Getsy. I just don’t see anything even close to justification to pay him what is proposed. Whether that’s $9M annually for 3 years or a dressed up 1/10 deal, that’s the kind of money that should net you a far more established successful player, even during the silly season of early free agency. 

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

@WindyCity MVS makes a lot of sense but $9M a year is insane. I'd go 2 years, $10M and guarantee 1 of the years. That's it

Then youre not likely to get him.

With all the guys already taken off the market, the WR contracts are going to be inflated

Id be expecting MVS to be getting 3 year at $21m at minimum. Now most of that wont be guaranteed, maybe $10m, so you arent locked into him, but hes likely to get a decent contract since the pool is so shallow. Its basically ARob, Kirk and a bunch of question mark (which includes Chark, Fuller and JuJu)

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Then youre not likely to get him.

With all the guys already taken off the market, the WR contracts are going to be inflated

Id be expecting MVS to be getting 3 year at $21m at minimum. Now most of that wont be guaranteed, maybe $10m, so you arent locked into him, but hes likely to get a decent contract since the pool is so shallow. Its basically ARob, Kirk and a bunch of question mark (which includes Chark, Fuller and JuJu)

I think if we can't get him for around that value then we need to pivot away from him...MVS is not a great player and if we overpay for him we start down the same road Poles is trying to get off of right now...what I keep coming back to is when protected Fields showed last season he can put the ball anywhere on the field and to multiple different targets...the only place I am "overpaying" this FA is on the OL.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think if we can't get him for around that value then we need to pivot away from him...MVS is not a great player and if we overpay for him we start down the same road Poles is trying to get off of right now...what I keep coming back to is when protected Fields showed last season he can put the ball anywhere on the field and to multiple different targets...the only place I am "overpaying" this FA is on the OL.

I’m with you, MM. You could probably talk me into a deal mirroring Kendrick Bourne’s 2021 deal in NE (3/15 with $7M guaranteed and cap hits of 3/6/6) because it’s basically a cheap 1-year deal with affordable option years and pretty minimal dead money if we cut him next March, but only as a secondary WR addition. 

H/W/S projection swings without matching production like MVS are for the draft or for the later stages of FA IMO, not for early FA for a guy who will need to be counted on to significantly outperform anything he’s ever done in 4 NFL seasons to remotely justify the cost. To this point he’s basically Darrius Heyward-Bey, but without the 1st round pedigree:

DHB Years 1-4: 140 catches, 2071 yds, 11 TD

MVS Years 1-4: 123 catches, 2153 yes, 13 TD

Of course, DHB had Jamarcus Russell, Jason Campbell and the OAK version of Carson Palmer throwing to him. MVS had Rodgers. I’d personally rather bring back Damiere Byrd at whatever we paid him last year on a minimum deal than pay MVS what’s being suggested. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m with you, MM. You could probably talk me into a deal mirroring Kendrick Bourne’s 2021 deal in NE (3/15 with $7M guaranteed and cap hits of 3/6/6) because it’s basically a cheap 1-year deal with affordable option years and pretty minimal dead money if we cut him next March, but only as a secondary WR addition. 

H/W/S projection swings without matching production like MVS are for the draft or for the later stages of FA IMO, not for early FA for a guy who will need to be counted on to significantly outperform anything he’s ever done in 4 NFL seasons to remotely justify the cost. To this point he’s basically Darrius Heyward-Bey, but without the 1st round pedigree:

DHB Years 1-4: 140 catches, 2071 yds, 11 TD

MVS Years 1-4: 123 catches, 2153 yes, 13 TD

Of course, DHB had Jamarcus Russell, Jason Campbell and the OAK version of Carson Palmer throwing to him. MVS had Rodgers. I’d personally rather bring back Damiere Byrd at whatever we paid him last year on a minimum deal than pay MVS what’s being suggested. 

I guess the question for me is how much better is MVS compared to a guy like Mack Hollins? Both 6-4" deep threats who averaged around 16 yards per reception? Now MVS is a better player...is he work $6-$7 million more? Not at all and I think that gap closes even more when you take into account who is throwing them the ball…

If we just want a guy to outrun defenders deep off an RPO then get Marcus Johnson from the Titans for vet min who has averaged over 18 yards per catch over the last two seasons...I would even take a 1 year $5 million Sammy Watkins over a $9 million per year multiyear deal for MVS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I feel like you guys are scarred by the type of deals Pace gave out or something.

Most of these numbers are funny money, I see so many of you scared off by AAV which means absolutely nothing other than what an Agent gets to brag about. 

I mean honestly, assuming Getsy says this is a guy I like and he has big upside they never tapped, whats wrong with giving MVS 3 years $23.5m? That includes $6m signing bonus and $11m total guaranteed (All of year 1 salary, $2.5m, and half of the $5m year 2) Thats just 2 years and $13.5m that you've actually committed to him, and really its just a $5.75m AAV with a $2m tax in year 3 if it doesnt work. And if it does work out, we've either got a good deal on a playmaker in 2024, or youre renegotiating for a longer deal, on a Cap that is going to keep going up.

• Like 1