2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The comments regarding Tuitt on SD are hilarious. "If he's not there, knocking down the door before it's unlocked, we need to cut him!" 

Hopefully we are smart enough to sign Hicks in time if he isn’t going to return.

I was thinking about our depth.  How many DL do we usually carry? We have a lot of 5-techs that I wouldn’t want to cut.   Not much if Alulu goes down again.

36 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Hopefully we are smart enough to sign Hicks in time if he isn’t going to return.

I was thinking about our depth.  How many DL do we usually carry? We have a lot of 5-techs that I wouldn’t want to cut.   Not much if Alulu goes down again.

I think we typically carry 6, but I think we’ll have to carry 7 this year. Cam, Alualu, Tuitt, Wormely, Loudermilk, Adams, Leal. I don’t think they cut any of those guys. Adams would be likeliest, but I think they really like him.

Calvin Austin III was one of my favorite prospects in the class and I think he'll play well for you guys. He's small but a lot of people just view him as a speed guy, he's a crafty route runner and should thrive in a slot role. I personally like him more than Pickens.

Either way you guys have put together a nice little cast of skill players with Najee, Pat, Diontae, Claypool, Pickens, and Austin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Reports saying Najee is at 244lbs (played at 232 last year). 

Not gonna lie, as far as OTA reports/rumors go this one has me kinda worried. He cannot afford to lose any speed/agility. 

With that being said he looks pretty dang agile going through this drill

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

You are right, they already moved over to Najee's weight. 

MORE NONSENSE PLEASE!

Nope. Diontae showing up doesn’t mean that drama is gone. Hines did that the year he held out from camp. 

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Diontae showing up doesn’t mean that drama is gone.

It does when the drama is manufactured. DJ has yet to say ANYTHING publicly about his contract status, yet there were plenty of stories out there last week speaking for him on the matter. He has actually hinted multiple times via social media not to listen to what's being reported. Does anyone care about that? Nah, DRAMA!

TJ Watt didn't attend OTAs last year -- where were his diva articles? How far do you think you need to scroll on twitter when you type in Diontae's name into the search before you find that word?

Did you know Diontae wasn't at OTAs last year either? Why did the stories only begin this year stating that his absence was a statement?

This stuff is all made up -- and if you have an angle you want to play on DJ, you will. So much was made about him not being there last week....and now here he is. Onto the next made up thing! It's clickbait season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, August4th said:

outside of the quarterbacks, who are you most interested in hearing about or seeing during TC/preseason?

The ILBs and lines on both sides for me. I want to see how Jack gels, if Bush can rebound, Mark Robinson vs Buddy Johnson, can UG3 ever be more than Terrance Garvin? Plus, Loudermilk, Adams, Wormely potential gains, if Tuitt shows up in shape, Leal’s fit. A ton of other storylines too.

This is by far the most intriguing off-season/pre-season of my fandom(at least off the top of my head). 

• Like 1