2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Also my take on the Chuks deal is that it’s crazy to pay him like a top 8 RT right now, but he’ll be the 20th highest paid RT when the contract is up. I don’t know if that was said in the last 8 pages, but that’s my stance.

I appreciate your stance and others, but I just don't think he was worth the contract he got. 

I've said in previous years here though that I'm more than willing to eat crow when it comes to our team, hopefully he proves me wrong.

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Great signing of Daniels. Sorry I wasn't here to police the arguments. It looks like it's sort of better now. I got to have a bomb threat at my school, so pretty similar situation it seems to what was going on here in the last 3 hours lol

Glad you are safe!

Like @wwhickoksaid we’re all friends at the end.  Just wish sometimes we would have other ways of talking about points instead of saying the same thing for the 5th straight offseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

To be clear also, I'm not against a trade for a QB entirely, but I am against the idea of mortgaging all of our future capital to do so.

I think giving up our 2023 2nd to swap with the Chargers and move ahead of the Saints is where I draw the line.

I am not in favor of a Devin Bush like trade up into the top 10.

My nightmare is we trade up for Pickett or stand pat and take Howell or something.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

To be clear also, I'm not against a trade for a QB entirely, but I am against the idea of mortgaging all of our future capital to do so.

trading up using this year's capital is preferred for me too. I'd hate to trade next years stuff. I'd personally rather not trade up at all, but I could see it happening. 

• Like 1

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

I think giving up our 2023 2nd to swap with the Chargers and move ahead of the Saints is where I draw the line.

I am not in favor of a Devin Bush like trade up into the top 10.

My nightmare is we trade up for Pickett or stand pat and take Howell or something.

I'm okay with that type of trade. I don't want to give up this year and next years first plus 2nds etc. I don't want to do a Russell Wilson level trade I guess is what I'm saying.

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Great signing of Daniels. Sorry I wasn't here to police the arguments. It looks like it's sort of better now. I got to have a bomb threat at my school, so pretty similar situation it seems to what was going on here in the last 3 hours lol

Also I apologize I overlooked the bottom part of this (being honest I didn't read it all).

Glad you and everyone else at your school is safe. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Also my take on the Chuks deal is that it’s crazy to pay him like a top 8 RT right now, but he’ll be the 20th highest paid RT when the contract is up. I don’t know if that was said in the last 8 pages, but that’s my stance.

Eh, I wouldn’t bank on that happening.  Gil Brant said something that made sense for me, of pay a player for who they are right now, never anticipate the cap to bail you out, because it’s always easier to add money to their contract.

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

trading up using this year's capital is preferred for me too. I'd hate to trade next years stuff. I'd personally rather not trade up at all, but I could see it happening. 

I wanna trade back, but that’s not KC’s preference.  This draft is so middle thick, having an extra 3rd would be awesome.

• Like 2