2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Agreed, I think he’s an upgrade over Haden. He will be too expensive though IMO. 

I hope they are not planning Sutton and Witherspoon on the outside. Sutton is way more valuable inside. 

Gut feeling is it’s trending that way. For sure feels like a few moves kinda shocked the market some. 

4 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

Strange, every other bit of scouting I've seen said his best play was last year at RG.

Interesting. I know Thorn is an o-line guru and watches probably more o-line tape than anyone in the industry. Duke Manyweather knows his stuff as well and suggests Daniels should play C. 

🤷🏼

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Interesting. I know Thorn is an o-line guru and watches probably more o-line tape than anyone in the industry. Duke Manyweather knows his stuff as well and suggests Daniels should play C. 

🤷🏼

The issue I have with what both are saying is where does that leave Cole who was paid starting C money?

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I mean, even better if he’s a good center right? Still an affordable contract and he’s still young. I literally know nothing about him other than people are excited, but I don’t care where he’s good, I’m just glad he’s good lol

It is, just an interesting mix of guys.  But I’ll add that Geoff Schwartz, though quite biased, does make a great OL point of if you don’t have a settled position before camp starts.  He’s discussed on his podcast that all 5 positions are really unique in how they are trained and how you kick and slide and protect.  So going into camp not just battling starter vs backup but also RG v LG v C it’s a disadvantage for the position you end up at because of the missed reps at that position.

• Like 1