2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

the plus side would be the hopes of landing a dynamic franchise QB. I don't think they should do something like that tho

Thank god that’s too expensive, lol. That would take our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and like a 2nd or 3rd next year next year, lol. Steelers aren’t that stupid. I’d start worrying around pick 12 or so though. 

16 minutes ago, August4th said:

I was just thinking

what if we did a trey lance type trade for willis 💀 a trade up from 20 to 5 might cost that much.

Considering it would cost the equivalent of what the Browns just gave up for Deshaun Watson, except for an unproven small school prospect who has a better chance of busting than booming IMO.....I would laugh psychotically, cry uncontrollably, and seriously consider boycotting this team until either Tomlin was gone or Willis became a top 5 QB.

If we drafted Willis or Pickett at 20....Id hate it, but I could deal with it.

If we traded even one future 1st to move up for ANY QB in this draft.....well, lets just say my ire towards Tomlin and Colbert would rise exponentially. 

1 minute ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Thank god that’s too expensive, lol. That would take our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and like a 2nd or 3rd next year next year, lol. Steelers aren’t that stupid. I’d start worrying around pick 12 or so though. 

the lance trade is already lowkey looking like a mistake. trade that much for a prospect QB these days, he should be able to start day1 and over someone like jimmy G. Browns traded just a tad bit more for watson, who's way more proven. They need Lance to end up being at worse a top 5-10 QB to justify that deal lol

• Like 1

Just now, BradfordSteeler said:

Willis hitting 60 air yard bombs and looking like he ain't even trying.

Guys like Jamarcus Russell and Kyle Boller could make those same throws when there were no defenders on the field and they didnt have to read an opposing defense.

Not saying Willis will bust like those guys....just that all throws like that prove is that he has a big arm....which we already knew.    

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

This isn't far short of 70 air yards. Also look out for Colbert,Tomlin and Hunts faces in the background.

Anyone who still has Willis falling all the way down to 20 should have their head examined. Guy isn’t making it out of the top 9.

• Like 2

I assumed that even as a Pro Player Personnel guy that college/draft responsibilities were an all hands on deck kind of thing, but seeing Brandon Hunt at this Pro Day did not feel insignificant in terms of his candidacy for the GM spot. 

There was a good video I found though where he breaks down his responsibilities for the college game though. My knee jerk reaction to seeing him was that he is probably high on the list of GM's and they might want his opinion...but after watching the video I just kinda get the feeling it's part of his regular role. 

https://www.steelers.com/video/inside-the-combine-brandon-hunt-part-1-16863066

In terms of the QB conversation: There is only one QB I would draft this year, and that's Willis. Good enough is no longer good enough, so give me a guy with traits like him. If I am swinging at a QB, but consider me Chris Davis. I would NOT sell the farm for him, though. If he makes it past Atlanta I would start making some calls about a Devin Bush like trade -- but that's it. If he got to 15 I would call Philly to make sure I got him since they are a prime trade candidate for anyone with 3 of the next 5 picks. 

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

It’s going to be fun on here when the Steelers trade this years 1 and 2 and next years 1 and 3 to move up and grab Willis.

I am probably one of -- if not the most -- pro-Willis people here and even I would grab my pitchfork. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I am probably one of -- if not the most -- pro-Willis people here and even I would grab my pitchfork. 

I thought we have enough cap to play with year to year that doing something like that wouldn’t matter 😏

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Me and you are more of the pro Willis crowd…I wouldn’t  like it either but I would understand it.