2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

No one is asking for you to breakdown Ridder again, we all know very well that you hate every QB prospect in the draft. I didn’t reply to you or tag you… not sure why you felt provoked to respond without adding any value to the conversation. 

And my comment wasn’t “baseless” I just took the time to explain it to you further, which you conveniently left out when quoting me. 

Show me....where did you show any of your sources?   Where did you include any of the supposed qualities that make Ridder so valuable that only "people who know what they are looking at" can see it?

Oh thats right...you didnt.   Not even one.

Baseless.

Edited by 43M

Assuming it's going to be a one year deal so he can try again in Free Agency, but I like it either way. If you forget that he was a first round pick, he is a nice player. We can draft to replace him and upgrade (hopefully) or just skip it for another season. 

• Like 1

I actually like it.   He is servicable.   Far from our biggest issue on defense.  Rather this than pay the overrated Tyrann Mathieu $15m.

Likely takes safety off the early board, as well.

Only concern is that they are zeroing in on QB early. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Oh, boom. $2.5 for a decent starting S? Sure. 

After Edmunds realized his market was pretty much non existent.  

Im fine with it....but I dont think he is the long term answer.

I give them credit for this one.

8 minutes ago, 43M said:

I actually like it.   He is servicable.   Far from our biggest issue on defense.  Rather this than pay the overrated Tyrann Mathieu $15m.

Likely takes safety off the early board, as well.

Only concern is that they are zeroing in on QB early. 

I don’t necessarily think safety is off the table. Edmunds on a 1 year 2.5M deal is far from a long term fix. If they like a safety early, they’ll take him.

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He had two other offers. 

What I meant was, lucrative long term offers weren't coming in.

His other offers were probably fairly similar 1 year deals.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t necessarily think safety is off the table. Edmunds on a 1 year 2.5M deal is far from a long term fix. If they like a safety early, they’ll take him.

Possible, but now they dont have to force a safety pick early to fill that glaring hole.

I don't wanna over blow the Edmunds signing but it sure seems like it's adding up to QB or WR in the 1st.  Do you draft Dax after extending Edmunds? Maybe but now you don't have to. Given the depth at WR and their ability to find quality ones later, my money is on QB 🤢

• Like 1

If it cost me a non first round pick, I’m in. I can’t imagine a better fit for a Canada style offense. Put him in the slot or at the Z And get him 10 touches a game on jets, bubbles, backfield stuff, whatever. 

• Like 2

Can’t complain…with it being literally a 1 year deal, it doesn’t effect the draft a ton…they can go BPA at pretty much an position save for RB/TE/Edge in the 1st few rounds.

Long as they don’t sell the farm for Willis, they’ll still take a SS by end of rd 4 if they like the value.

• Like 1