Jets sign TE C.J. Uzomah

Bianconero

This is not a bad signing but he also comes with great risk. He has torn his ACL before and had a knee injury in the AFC Championship game. I like we at least have a TE to play but no way he makes it 17 games. He also was in the Super Bowl and having guys that where in the Super Bowl on your team is a big plus in my eyes. 

11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is not a bad signing but he also comes with great risk. He has torn his ACL before and had a knee injury in the AFC Championship game. I like we at least have a TE to play but no way he makes it 17 games. He also was in the Super Bowl and having guys that where in the Super Bowl on your team is a big plus in my eyes. 

He tore his Achilles in 2020 and bounced back and had his best season ever. His knee injury in the AFCCG was a sprained MCL (nothing really) hence why he still played in the SB.

The guy is tough as nails and a leader. 

• Like 1

Isn't he a really solid, if not good, blocking TE as well?  Something LaFleur seems to like.  He's 6'6 a huge target and he can run after the catch.  He's also not a huge expense where we HAVE to play him over a young guy if they break out.  Could be a great role model for Yeboah and rookie.

9 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Isn't he a really solid, if not good, blocking TE as well?  Something LaFleur seems to like.  He's 6'6 a huge target and he can run after the catch.  He's also not a huge expense where we HAVE to play him over a young guy if they break out.  Could be a great role model for Yeboah and rookie.

Was just about to bring up Yeboah as a mentee. I'd still love McBride but I think this pushes te a bit further down the draft and probably puts a bigger focus on a blocking te when we do pick one.

1 hour ago, Colt45fool said:

I get that everyone loves this signing but hes old and average at best

Which is fine given our tight end room.

But I would have significantly preferred a willing blocker/receiver whos explosive like OJ Howard on a prove it deal. 

I like Howard or even Austin Hooper who was just cut. 

3 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

I get that everyone loves this signing but hes old and average at best

Which is fine given our tight end room.

But I would have significantly preferred a willing blocker/receiver whos explosive like OJ Howard on a prove it deal. 

Old and average is fine when paired with someone younger and hopefully better than average.