Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, what QB didn't throw 3 TDs in a game against Pittsburgh that year?

Lol I looked it up for 2020. During the season, the answer is EVERY QUARTERBACK. Nobody threw 3 TD vs the Steelers during the regular season, amazingly enough.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Jamie, pull up NFL wins and losses when a quarterback throws three touchdowns and no picks.

Also the stats when a QB throws 4 INTs and also let's the first snap of the game sail over his head for a TD.

Actually, didnt Baker set a record this year as the first losing QB ever when winning the the turnover battle by 5?  Someone pull that one out for me.  Too lazy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Lol I looked it up for 2020. During the season, the answer is EVERY QUARTERBACK. Nobody threw 3 TD vs the Steelers during the regular season, amazingly enough.

Oh gee, do I look silly now.

People can think whatever they want about our former QB but what good does it do to say he did nothing in our playoff win.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Also the stats when a QB throws 4 INTs and also let's the first snap of the game sail over his head for a TD.

Actually, didnt Baker set a record this year as the first losing QB ever when winning the the turnover battle by 5?  Someone pull that one out for me.  Too lazy.

won more games than DEshaun .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Oh gee, do I look silly now.

People can think whatever they want about our former QB but what good does it do to say he did nothing in our playoff win.

Exactly. Wait...I thought you were being facetious. That defense was excellent. Baker played well in that playoff game. He definitely has improving to do, but I don't understand folks making disingenuous takes just to say they don't like him. If the Browns lose and he plays well then he didn't do enough, but if the Browns win and he plays well then it wasn't because of him...

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Baker did what he needed to do to win the game. It’d be silly to take that victory away from him.

Yep, he was able to throw the ball a combined 15 yards or so on all of his 3 td passes. 

The guy is a bum. Yes he is the best we have had in a long time but just because he is the best we have had, doesn’t make him good. 

1 minute ago, mchjstnk said:

Yep, he was able to throw the ball a combined 15 yards or so on all of his 3 td passes. 

Don't try so hard.

The guy is a bum.

Broke the rookie touchdown record on a team that was 0-16 the year before and with nothing at receiver. Bum.

Yes he is the best we have had in a long time but just because he is the best we have had, doesn’t make him good. 

I agree with this statement. We have different perceptions if the player going forward, but I agree with this take.

• Like 1

I am not a Baker believer.

However, I’d be biased to deny the good things he accomplished here:

1. He brought a spark and “new hope” to the franchise.

2. He brought stability to the position.

3. He brought toughness to the position. This was his best attribute by far.

4. He broke the rookie TD record (over time it won’t be as impressive, but still, he broke a freaking record).

5. He was instrumental to us winning our first playoff game. Was he the sole reason? No and @roger murdock remembered this, I told everybody on this site that Big Ben was flaming trash waiting to collapse all year that season. Ben is the biggest reason why we won that game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Broke the rookie touchdown record on a team that was 0-16 the year before and with nothing at receiver. Bum.

And then went on to have a god awful year in 2019 with an amazing 22 tds to 21 ints when everyone was expecting him to make a big jump

9 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

The guy is a bum. Yes he is the best we have had in a long time but just because he is the best we have had, doesn’t make him good. 

4 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

And then went on to have a god awful year in 2019 with an amazing 22 tds to 21 ints when everyone was expecting him to make a big jump

won 12 games in the toughest division in football.

put 48 on pittsburgh for the first time in 35 years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

6 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

6 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

• Like 1

I also think for Baker, he needs to run the offense Pittsburgh ran under Ben.

He needs a shotgun, 1 pre-read, RPO style offense.

He should strongly consider a dome team, because I think bad weather throws him off rhythm wise. He’s cooked when he’s not in rhythm.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1