After FA Mock Draft 1-A

DudeWhat???

Malik Willis

QB : Traded down, of course now I'm sure Saints grab him. If they don't...we trade down...get more picks a get him at 25. Sit him for 1 or 2  years retro Rogers style. 

https://youtu.be/FslFOhRfXR0

Pittsburgh_Steelers_logo.svg.png
    Roger McCreary

CB: elite coverage, inside or out..fits any scheme. 

https://youtu.be/iiSmLfQSgxg

John Metchie III
    WR, first round talent. Big play ability
    Dohnovan West

IOL, very versatile. 

https://youtu.be/jGEk0AXpAzA

James Houston 

LB: DE/ILB top pass rushers in fcs. Great coverage ability. Punishing tackler. 

https://youtu.be/hC7CEt3Ox2I

MarQuan McCall

IDL, throwback NT, great motor. A real Bully. 

Zonovan Knight

RB big play ability, do it all Back. 

11 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

I guess your thinking is if they trade down...a team will trade up ... Yes I thought about that afterwards

Partly that could happen....but also because the Steelers rarely trade down, and have made it pretty clear in the past if there is a player they really like where they pick, they will take them.

I dont think Willis is falling to 20, though.   Some team will get super intrigued by his potential.     Latest I could see him going is 18th to the Saints, but I think he goes somewhere in the 6 to 13 range.      Giants and Jets wont take him, but Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle, Washington, Minnesota and Houston are all looking for long term solutions at QB.    I think Minny would be a great fit for him because he could sit behind Cousins for a year or two.     

I like Metchie in the 3rd. I'm not sure the Steelers will wait that long for WR though. Here is where I'm thinking at the moment:

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Garrett Wilson
    WR, Ohio State
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Jalen Pitre
    S, Baylor
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Channing Tindall
    LB, Georgia
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    John Ridgeway
    IDL, Arkansas
Edited by cjfollett

No, but Olave might be, and I consider them almost 2 peas in a pod. Wilson is a little smoother, and maybe a little better hands,  but I think Olave plays a little faster and has a little more elusiveness. I’m looking forward to seeing their pro day numbers. Don’t necessarily want to go WR in first round, but we’ve done a pretty decent job in FA to be able to go BPA and one of those 2 would really open the offense up

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

No, but Olave might be, and I consider them almost 2 peas in a pod. Wilson is a little smoother, and maybe a little better hands,  but I think Olave plays a little faster and has a little more elusiveness. I’m looking forward to seeing their pro day numbers. Don’t necessarily want to go WR in first round, but we’ve done a pretty decent job in FA to be able to go BPA and one of those 2 would really open the offense up

I wouldn’t be mad with Olave but would prefer Jameson Williams.

Wilson > Williams > Olave for me

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wouldn’t be mad with Olave but would prefer Jameson Williams.

Wilson > Williams > Olave for me

I’d slide Dotson between Wilson and Williams. Super underrated because of how bad Clifford is. 

• Like 1

If we dont sign a WR before the draft, I could see us drafting 2 in the first 4 rounds.

I hope we sign a safety and least a cheap vet to replace Washington before the draft though so we dont pigeonhole ourselves.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them take a run at a guy like Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Had an issue with drops a couple years ago, but cleaned that up last year and is a fast, downfield threat. He shouldn’t be that much money based on the fact nobody has offered him anything and he’s not a top tier guy. Maybe throw him something like 3/13, and then draft a guy you like to fill the WR room.  

Edited by SteelersFan2333
Misspelled