Justice League

Acgott

I’m skeptical that JL can be a good movie but as long as it can be fun and entertaining throughout, you can mark that down as a victory for me. They really need to do well with the heroes since that seems to be their focal point with all the trailers and posters. I don’t expect a good story tbh but I hope it just makes sense and is a fruitful avenue to the other stand alone films. Im hoping they continue to strike gold with WW and from the looks of it either Flash/Aquaman will be another fan favorite. 

6 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Now give me a JL Dark movie with Zatanna and Constantine. 

I want this. 

Any chance they'd give Matt Ryan the role again? Thought he was great in the tv show and as a voice actor in the animated movie? 

Also hope JL does well so we get the chance to see other D.C. Stories brought to the big screen. Even if it's just good enough to have a flash spinoff where we can get a flashpoint and start again would be great. Really need to see batman vs superman done right as well as superman vs doomsday. 

20 hours ago, project T.O said:

I want this. 

Any chance they'd give Matt Ryan the role again? Thought he was great in the tv show and as a voice actor in the animated movie? 

Also hope JL does well so we get the chance to see other D.C. Stories brought to the big screen. Even if it's just good enough to have a flash spinoff where we can get a flashpoint and start again would be great. Really need to see batman vs superman done right as well as superman vs doomsday. 

Colin Farrell as Constantine. Just die his hair.

Alexandra Daddario as Zatanna

Ron Pearlman as Swamp Thing

Jon Krasinski as Deadman

Daniel Radcliffe as Shade/The Changing Man

On 11/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, devils1854 said:

Jon Krasinski as Deadman

I don't want to hear Farrell butcher an English accent again. However if that's the rest of the cast ( which is dam good) i can't imagine Ryan would be allowed to be the top guy above that list.  

On 11/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, devils1854 said:

Jon Krasinski as Deadman

I really like those except of Zatanna.   Daddario IMO is a pretty awful actress.  Decent for small roles or roles in silly comedies....but not largescale serious roles in a major motion picture.

Constantine doesnt need to have an American accent.     

However, there are other actors who could play Constantine if need be as well.

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I really like those except of Zatanna.   Daddario IMO is a pretty awful actress.  Decent for small roles or roles in silly comedies....but not largescale serious roles in a major motion picture.

Constantine doesnt need to have an American accent.     

However, there are other actors who could play Constantine if need be as well.

Constantine is British. Born in Liverpool. Inspiration for the character is Sting. 

9 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Constantine is British. Born in Liverpool. Inspiration for the character is Sting. 

English...duh?   My bad.    I misread that.

I wont lie...I dont know much about Constantine aside from what Ive seen on Arrow and a few other places.

3 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Just watch JL: Dark animated film. Love it.

Thats a damn good movie.

Matt Ryan is very good as Constantine, but there's no way he would work in the DCEU. Just like Serinda Swan was a great Zatanna on Smallville, but there is no way she could make the jump to the movies.

Just thought about it, but Dominic Cooper would be a good Constantine as well.

3 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Thats a damn good movie.

Matt Ryan is very good as Constantine, but there's no way he would work in the DCEU. Just like Serinda Swan was a great Zatanna on Smallville, but there is no way she could make the jump to the movies.

Just thought about it, but Dominic Cooper would be a good Constantine as well.

That’s a really good casting choice right there!

Yeah, Rotten Tomatoes is waiting until tomorrow to show any reviews for their "See it/Skip It" show, but MetaCritic isn't.

Currently at 51 at 25 reviews, which compared to the other DCEU movies...

Man of Steel: 55
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice: 44
Suicide Squad: 40
Wonder Woman: 76

DC is really going to regret having kept Snyder on this movie...like a lot of you predicted.  And having 2 directors with 2 completely different tonal styles has also apparently mucked the movie up.  From a positive review...

Justice League has something for everyone — and no way to fit it all together

The film is torn between the sensibilities of two directors

Because the film goes in so many tonal and narrative directions, it feels like a grab bag anyone can reach into and fish around in for something to their personal tastes, from dramatic themes to offhand banter, from mindless pummel-fests to thoughtful conversations about heroic responsibility. Justice League isn’t an entirely coherent film, but it’s certainly an egalitarian one.

I am still eager to see it.   Unlike some people, I dont let "professional" reviews dictate how I feel about a movie (and no, Im not speaking of any of the previous posters talking about the reviews coming out)..    

I just listened to Stuckmann's review and he enjoyed it, even with its flaws....which he says was because the villain was weak and the movie felt rushed....and thats probably going to be the biggest issue.

Honestly, I dont know that I trust the studio heads at WB to allow a truly great extended universe, because all the idiots do is meddle in projects they have no business meddling in.   They know nothing of the characters or the comics, yet they want to control aspects of it like they do.    They are sitting on top of a gold mine that could rake in billions upon billions of dollars and egos get in the way.   Its pathetic.

With Affleck likely leaving and whats looking to be another crtical disappointment, they might be better off just scrapping everything, taking 3 years off, and maybe starting again with an all new cast and a better gameplan....maybe starting off with Matt Reeves Batman.    If that turn out well, build around that, and build the universe methodically.

However, unless JL tanks financially, I doubt anything changes going forward outside of Ben Affleck being replaced, perhaps via Flashpoint.

Archived