Raiders sign S Duron Harmon

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Heads up: this guy might end up starting somehow. He’s been a 16 or 17 game starter the last two years So there’s that

And why would that be surprising? He’s experienced, versatile, highly productive, has a long relationship with our coaching team and has won 3 Super Bowls. 

Edited by reddevil
  • Like 3

On 3/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, reddevil said:

And why would that be surprising? He’s experienced, versatile, highly productive, has a long relationship with our coaching team and has won 3 Super Bowls. 

From what I've seen/know, he's always been a decent centerfielder. This was the vet we needed to help us play some 2 deep coverage because we all know Abram is only able to play in the box.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 5:36 PM, reddevil said:

Plus a lot of safeties do tend to age quite well like Woodson, Harrison Smith, Weddle, Jenkins, even Reggie Nelson his first year and so on. I think football IQ can make up for a lost step a lot easier at safety than at corner and he's been around a while and seems like quite a cerebral player and he's not that old.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, reddevil said:

Because he’s 31 and showed signs of decline last year on the falcons in particular. It’s also important that he wasn’t a full time starter in NE

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:
On 3/25/2022 at 5:36 PM, reddevil said:

Because he’s 31 and showed signs of decline last year on the falcons in particular. It’s also important that he wasn’t a full time starter in NE

I only watched one Falcons game last season so obviously cannot draw conclusions from that but didn't they have an anaemic pass rush last year and were generally a pretty poor team? That wouldn't help a secondary player at all.......

I'm not doubting that Harmon is past his best but he doesn't seem that old to he falling off a cliff and with a good pass rush he may have a couple good years left in him?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I only watched one Falcons game last season so obviously cannot draw conclusions from that but didn't they have an anaemic pass rush last year and were generally a pretty poor team? That wouldn't help a secondary player at all.......

I'm not doubting that Harmon is past his best but he doesn't seem that old to he falling off a cliff and with a good pass rush he may have a couple good years left in him?

That's true as well as the fact that the Falcons didn't have the best DC either. I also thought it was interesting that he started over Richy Grant who wanted in the draft last year. 

• Like 2