Raiders sign S Duron Harmon

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He actually graded out pretty well similar to Jabril Peppers over the last 4 years almost identical. But Peppers still only 26

Yeah but the difference is is that Jabrill peppers is a strong safety and this guy has been a deep safety throughout his career. 

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't mind this at all. Not as flashy as Mathieu but likely a portion of the cost and fills a need. I really hope Tyree Gillespie doesn't get buried and lost with the new staff.

Harmon is a pretty decent safety even now. We can run 2 deep with moehrig now.

I’d like to sign another big ugly on the Interior DL, Hankins would be solid and cheap.. seems like a no brainer.. Him, Nichols and Butler would make me feel better about that position.

With Parker getting 3.5 mil with like 2.6 guaranteed leads me to think he’ll get an opportunity at RT, although I think Leatherwood will also get every opportunity to show he’s capable and improved once we get to OTA’s and training camp.. if he had a Miller-esque 2nd year leap, that’s better for our overall long term outlook. 

RT is still a big question mark, no doubt.. Maybe we can pull off a trade for a proven guy after June 1 cap space is added, depending on who may be available. We can certainly add a capable starter at OG in the 3rd/4th round if they aren’t confident in Simpson, Leatherwood, Good or Bars as starters, doesn’t hurt to add more talent.. I do think if RT isn’t held down to a respectable level this year, next offseason it will be addressed in FA or early pick in 2023 draft. 

• Like 2